Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Fat Lady Is Warming Up.

Napper

it's the hope that kills... and, yet, what hope has there been all season?.. constant disappointment.. to few wins, a few more draws,  and handful of glorious failures add up to not a lot..never mind the humpings.... today we played the worst team in the league.. and at full time, we took their place.. is it all over?  not yet.. (see what I said about the hope killing you..) .. I think McIntyre has brought in better players.. and, I'm sure not many would disagree that the squad that started this season needed gutting.. but, it's proving too little too late.. yet, come Wednesday, my hope will be rekindled.. we are masochists .. getting a slap round the chops, but we keep coming back for more..

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 minute ago, Napper said:

it's the hope that kills... and, yet, what hope has there been all season?.. constant disappointment.. to few wins, a few more draws,  and handful of glorious failures add up to not a lot..never mind the humpings.... today we played the worst team in the league.. and at full time, we took their place.. is it all over?  not yet.. (see what I said about the hope killing you..) .. I think McIntyre has brought in better players.. and, I'm sure not many would disagree that the squad that started this season needed gutting.. but, it's proving too little too late.. yet, come Wednesday, my hope will be rekindled.. we are masochists .. getting a slap round the chops, but we keep coming back for more..

Sorry to be uber negative but I'll approach Wednesday with very little, if any, hope and I certainly won't be there. I don't think I've ever said this before but if I didn't have a ST I don't think I'd attend another game this season. 

I didn't want to say it in the lead up to today but I felt St Mirren losing to St Johnstone left us in a dangerous position. St Mirren were rock bottom and simply had to get a result today to climb off the foot of the table. Their focus and desire was enormous while we (I think) would have been relatively satisfied with a draw and keeping them bottom.

It's Dundee now in the last chance saloon so I think (hope) that we'll see something different in the weeks ahead. When you are bottom it creates a special kind of desperation that can be hard for the opposition to deal with at times.

I've said from a previous post and I dont post much just watch. We looked like relegation material early on and it's not changed. It's not manager or players its owners and this has been a few seasons now we have scrapped by. Hopefully this time we do again but us fans deserve better, we should have kicked on since the doon derby but those yanks dont get it, no feeling or history for the club. Here we go again!

We're a sh*t team capable of playing well for 90 minutes and beating most teams. Same as St Mirren, Accies, the filth, Ayr, ICT, County and the Pars.

If we can get over our anger and disappointment we'll realise we actually have a decent chance of staying in the top flight despite our horrific season.

Against Celtic (even accepting we parked the bus) DFC players played liked warriors, with a resurgent focus, energy & determination, we were going to give our all.

We didn't quite make it, but DFC fans (& players) must have felt, after the sadness of losing the last minute goal, disappointment...But yet a strong feeling of pride.

Then there was yesterday !! I wonder really, how the players & manager felt and as importantly the 1500 DFC travelling supporters. Words and promises are cheap.

We'd no god-given right to go to Paisley & automatically expect to pick up three points but after the character we showed in previous game & a goal in 30 seconds

surely we could have expected from the Dundee Players in 90 minutes that followed. Something that resembled football. Manager/Players should feel shame. :sadno:

(I think even the fat lady has given up the search, for a rousing song that would inspire this lot) Like to finish these comments with something positive...But I can't.

8 hours ago, barkblue said:

Sorry to be uber negative but I'll approach Wednesday with very little, if any, hope and I certainly won't be there. I don't think I've ever said this before but if I didn't have a ST I don't think I'd attend another game this season. 

Exactly how me and my mates feel, won't be going to Perth and the Aberdeen games, if the players can't be bothered and be professional, why should I. First time that I won't be buying a season ticket, next season for FORTY years, Clubs a shambles, top to bottom.

Us fans have been saying all season we will be fine the wins will come, if we can just make it to the transfer window we be fine, it’s now come down to when the table splits we can beat these teams in the bottom six, I think it’s time for a reality check we are the worst team in this league and every team in the bottom six will be confident of beating us.

This team and manager are as bad as it gets no bottle, no fight, no pride and no idea 

The hope has gone.  The Kenny Miller miss against hearts, the 96th minute against Celtic ... these losses at the margin have sucked any remaining confidence out the team.  When JM arrived the team did have a renewed sense of purpose about it but yesterday was dire.  Lost form and no leadership on the park.  

Sadly I just can't see it happening .season likely to fizzle out leaving accies and st mirren to fight for 10th

We lost to St Mirren. It was devastating but it's only three points. We're all deflated after five straight defeats but four of those games were against the Big Five. Losing a game to a relegation rival is really not the end of the world when there are 21 points still to play for. Setbacks are inevitable in our position. We have to regroup and go again.

Why can't we win in Perth after winning in Edinburgh and Livingston? Nelson will be sharper in midweek. If we get the starting XI right there's no reason why we can't send St Mirren back to the bottom of the table.

Adblock Detected