Jump to content

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Two Points Off 11th


Cobra

Recommended Posts

We have a pitiful 18 points from 31 games. We should be relegated, we deserve to be relegated but incredibly we're only a couple of points from 11th place. If we get our act together we have a real chance of avoiding the drop.

Seven games left. That's 21 points. If McIntyre can get the starting XI right we can win two or three games and survive through the play-offs. 

We did well against Hearts, Hamilton, Livi and Killie and we can play well again.

Our tough fixture list set us on a losing streak but it will come to an end and when it does we'll have something to build on.

It was only a couple of days ago St Mirren fans were resigned to finishing 12th after their disastrous game against St Johnstone. There's no reason why we can't bounce back quickly as well.

Bring on the fermers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

this is really negative but i have had it with this season. the thought of dundee playing in a play off final gives me the fear. dundee dont turn up to big games and instead of going through more pain of another failure id rather finish bottom and be done with it. start again. atleast we'll win a few next season😒

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We're all fed-up with this season but it's nearly over. We just need one last push from the players and fans and everyone else at the club to try and stay in this league.

It would be nice to start winning games regularly but if you remember what it was like for us in the Championship there is no great satisfaction when we defeat teams like Alloa at Dens and when we get beat it feels 10x times worse because we're losing to sh*t teams.

One season I remember we played Raith Rovers five teams. No good players on show and not a very good atmosphere. We don't want to go back to that.

We pay wages on a par with Killie so we should be further up the table. A decent summer and we can start doing well in this league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have to play our experienced players. O'Dea over Kusunga, McGowan over Woods. We need leaders and winners on that pitch, not Jesse Curran or Martin Woods type of players. 

McIntyre also has to stop doing like for like changes. Yesterday getting beat and he didn't change his system, everything was like for like, why? It wasn't working. Put C.Curran, Miller, Nelson up top for the last 15mins, just go for it, we were getting beat. 

Will we go down, a massive possibility and I've always thought we would be okay even if we had to go via the playoffs. But yesterday the lack of passion and fight was a grave concern. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dee1893 said:

this is really negative but i have had it with this season. the thought of dundee playing in a play off final gives me the fear. dundee dont turn up to big games and instead of going through more pain of another failure id rather finish bottom and be done with it. start again. atleast we'll win a few next season😒

To think when we appointed McIntyre, that Buffoon Nelms, said anything less than EIGHTH position in the table, would be classified, as a failure, been bottom, does that mean, Nelms has to go as well, since he personally appointed our last two Jokers /Clowns of Managers, he has to stand up and admit finally, he's Blatantly out of his Depth and couldn't run a sweetie shop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

We have to play our experienced players. O'Dea over Kusunga, McGowan over Woods. We need leaders and winners on that pitch, not Jesse Curran or Martin Woods type of players. 

McIntyre also has to stop doing like for like changes. Yesterday getting beat and he didn't change his system, everything was like for like, why? It wasn't working. Put C.Curran, Miller, Nelson up top for the last 15mins, just go for it, we were getting beat. 

Will we go down, a massive possibility and I've always thought we would be okay even if we had to go via the playoffs. But yesterday the lack of passion and fight was a grave concern. 

I do not feel confident when Jesse Curran is on the park. St Mirren should have scored a third after Curran gave possession away cheaply in a dangerous area. He's simply not a Premiership player at the moment IMO.

McIntyre has to put his trust in O'Dea and McGowan to lead us out of this mess. Both are flawed but they're warriors with a bit of presence and they've saved us twice before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On paper I agree with you Cobra, however we play on grass and after yesterday’s performance (our best 11 arguably) we have no chance.

Tacticly inept, no fight, no passion, no winners,no bottle, no responsibility is only some of the descriptions that come to mind recently. 

The team started with 6 loan players yesterday who were meant to be an upgrade on the previous dross, however results and performances are pretty much the same. 

Fermers will slaughter Dundee midweek adding a further nail in the coffin. 

On another note. Cammy Kerr must play as Horsefield was stinking yesterday at RB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BigG said:

On paper I agree with you Cobra, however we play on grass and after yesterday’s performance (our best 11 arguably) we have no chance.

Tacticly inept, no fight, no passion, no winners,no bottle, no responsibility is only some of the descriptions that come to mind recently. 

The team started with 6 loan players yesterday who were meant to be an upgrade on the previous dross, however results and performances are pretty much the same. 

Fermers will slaughter Dundee midweek adding a further nail in the coffin. 

On another note. Cammy Kerr must play as Horsefield was stinking yesterday at RB.

Sorry did you not mean HORSESHITE 😡😡😡😡

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've taken just over a point from every 5 games so far this season. McIntyre's record of 15 points from 23 games gives us 1 point from every 4.5 games so really not much better. I don't fancy us to suddenly turn the corner and significantly improve our points to games record enough to see us overcome St Mirren or Accies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

We've taken just over a point from every 5 games so far this season. McIntyre's record of 15 points from 23 games gives us 1 point from every 4.5 games so really not much better. I don't fancy us to suddenly turn the corner and significantly improve our points to games record enough to see us overcome St Mirren or Accies.

Rev, I don't think results before Christmas are all that relevant. McIntyre said when he came in that he was focused on the January rebuild.

The league table (bottom five) for 2019 is this...

Hamilton 10
Dundee 8
Livi 8
St Mirren 8
St Johnstone 7

We've lost 6 out of 10 but only two of those games were games we were seriously looking to win - Motherwell and St Mirren. Given that we faced Well in the middle of their fantastic five-game winning run, we really only had one major disappointment and that was yesterday when St Mirren produced their performance of the season.

When you consider that arguably the manager's two most important signings suffered significant injuries, our points return has not been a total disaster since the turn of the year.

We have a real job on our hands trying to pick ourselves up after than nightmare in Paisley but we have to try.

Strangely our best run in the top flight this century came immediately after we lost 6-2 across the road. During that miserable post-mortem someone on here said it would take 10 years to catch up with United. Football is full of surprises and we could easily win in midweek. I would be worried about the team feeling sorry for themselves and hiding if we were relying on the likes of Madianga, Elton and Mendy but the current squad will be hurting and keen to make amends. I think we'll see a positive reaction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

Rev, I don't think results before Christmas are all that relevant. McIntyre said when he came in that he was focused on the January rebuild.

The league table (bottom five) for 2019 is this...

Hamilton 10
Dundee 8
Livi 8
St Mirren 8
St Johnstone 7

We've lost 6 out of 10 but only two of those games were games we were seriously looking to win - Motherwell and St Mirren. Given that we faced Well in the middle of their fantastic five-game winning run, we really only had one major disappointment and that was yesterday when St Mirren produced their performance of the season.

When you consider that arguably the manager's two most important signings suffered significant injuries, our points return has not been a total disaster since the turn of the year.

We have a real job on our hands trying to pick ourselves up after than nightmare in Paisley but we have to try.

Strangely our best run in the top flight this century came immediately after we lost 6-2 across the road. During that miserable post-mortem someone on here said it would take 10 years to catch up with United. Football is full of surprises and we could easily win in midweek. I would be worried about the team feeling sorry for themselves and hiding if we were relying on the likes of Madianga, Elton and Mendy but the current squad will be hurting and keen to make amends. I think we'll see a positive reaction.

I'm not optimistic mate I've got to be honest. We've improved in some respects but are still lagging behind St Mirren and Accies in terms of fighting spirit and determination. I think they know that when the situation is getting desperate that they've no option but to roll up their sleeves and dig out a result. They seem to do that more regularly than us and that, imo, will be what keeps them away from bottom spot. I hope I'm wrong though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I'm not optimistic mate I've got to be honest. We've improved in some respects but are still lagging behind St Mirren and Accies in terms of fighting spirit and determination. I think they know that when the situation is getting desperate that they've no option but to roll up their sleeves and dig out a result. They seem to do that more regularly than us and that, imo, will be what keeps them away from bottom spot. I hope I'm wrong though.

I think it's really hard to compare ourselves to other teams because we're immersed in everything DFC and we don't take that much notice of other teams' failings.

St Mirren and Accies have had terrible results and performances that make you think they don't have the bottle for a relegation battle. Now it's our turn to show that we can recover from a big setback. If we down tools in Perth then I'll concede that we probably are the weakest of the three mentally and more than likely to finish 12th. I'm hopeful though that we'll see a positive reaction. Despite all the (deserved) criticism our team does have a lot of fight IMO. We just collectively fucked up yesterday. It happens.

Look at the dabs. They have a great record at the sticklebrick since losing 5-0 to Ayr. Sometimes a horror show can galvanise a team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
×
×
  • Create New...