Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Cammy Kerr

BigG

Think the boy has been dealt a bad hand since January, not even stripped yesterday yet started the season as one of the Captains. He was not having the best of seasons but he always showed a bit of dig and spirit. He was asked to be an attacking full back which given his lack of quality in delivery of the ball was always a big ask. One slight glimmer yesterday was Robson was willing to take the ball from the full back Horsefield yesterday.

Horsefield for me was rotten yesterday, both goals from his full back position, when the sleeves were needing rolled up like many he went hiding. 

For me Cammy Kerr must start against the Fermers and be given the armband, if Woods starts as captain after yesterday performance we may as well prepare for next season in the championship.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Cammy has had a rough time. The armband didn't help him, the revolving door of managers, players and coaching staff has definitely not helped him.

He needed a break from the team but now it's time to bring him back. The guy cares and he's been a very good player for us. The Player of the Year award was richly deserved.

I don't support him because "he's one of us". I think he's got a fantastic attitude and when we have a balanced team he is an asset.

Last season I criticised Cammy for not being strong enough when Boyd leaned on him to set up a goal at Rugby Park. Well Horsfield was absolutely hopeless at key moments in Paisley. If we're going to stay up I think we need O'Dea, Gowser, Kerr and Miller in the team. If McIntyre sticks with his players I fear we'll go down without a fight and if he plays all his own signings in midweek and we get soundly beaten I think the board needs to put Jimmy Boyle in charge for the rest of the season to give us a chance.

What is it with full-backs costing us goals? Paul McGinn was good going forward but couldn't defend. Calvin Miller was a big problem defensively. Holt was dodgy at times, Cammy has had his troubles and Horsfield is now a weakness at the back while St Mirren's first goal was only possible because Ralph didn't bother to mark the guy on his side.

It's as though defending is afterthought for Dundee's full-backs. They are there or thereabouts when the the opposition attack but when they are the last line of defence and needed to make a critical interception they are ball-watching and out of position. 

Kerr may not be any better technically than what we have but what he does have is passion for the club and would give 100%.

How JM can not see that would be a benefit to the club is beyond me.

I think he is another manager who is not prepared to admit players who were at the club are better than his signings-another  pig headed manager.

Cammy was getting a lot of negative comment from a large section on here before he was replaced in the starting line-up.

Now he's being treated poorly.

I honestly think we have slowly learned over the past three season to happily accept average/mediocre players. Other than Ralph I wouldn't want any of our current defence playing for us next season. 

Cammy simply hasn't been good enough this season but I wonder if can he do what Gary Irvine did and the win the fans over again in a more settled team. The White Cafu was targeted by the boo-boys in the Club 12 season as he was awful in a poor Dundee team. When we came back up though and put together a good team he became something of a cult hero.

9 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Cammy simply hasn't been good enough this season but I wonder if can he do what Gary Irvine did and the win the fans over again in a more settled team. The White Cafu was targeted by the boo-boys in the Club 12 season as he was awful in a poor Dundee team. When we came back up though and put together a good team he became something of a cult hero.

Good point Cobra, i personally would not write Cammy off just now,  but  i do have my  niggling doubts that he is not  quite good enough for this level, i would give him another year though  to see if he could cut it in a settled team.

Adblock Detected