Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Kerr Waddell

Den Spark

McIntyre has apparently told Kerr Waddell he's not in his or DFC's plans for next season. To make matters worse, Dundee are waiving any development fee for him! This is totally bizarre and another reason why this charlatan shouldn't be anywhere near our club.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Disappointed with this news. Thought all he needed was experience and a loan was ideal for him. don't know what goes through manager's minds but it doesn't seem sensible to persist with this "cult of the manager". I think there's a lack of experience at Dens and it has meant that the last three managers have had a free rein to indulge themselves with whatever they wanted to do. 

It's interesting that McCann seemed to let him go and then McIntyre has went the same route. Someone was on here before (@Reverend Lovejoy???) saying that a professional coach was doubtful of him playing at this level.

Obviously, he has made an impact here in the first team and I think any youngster who contributes regularly a level down is a good prospect but I do get the impression that there's maybe a bit more to this that we're seeing if he has indeed been released. He's struggled badly since Christmas time (and did for a fair number of notable games with us) by all accounts but I think most people's instincts would be that he'd be worth investing in - it reminds me a bit of Raith Rovers having a very similar youngster who was a bit sporadic but was allowed to move to Rangers for next to nothing and the blessing of the CEO (who is now at Dens), that was David Bates!

He probably needs game time in the championship, most centre half’s spend a period of time before being a regular CH in the premier league.He has been in and out of the Morton team this season so needs to get consistent at that level first.

Good luck to the lad. 

40 minutes ago, harry94 said:

It's interesting that McCann seemed to let him go and then McIntyre has went the same route. Someone was on here before (@Reverend Lovejoy???) saying that a professional coach was doubtful of him playing at this level.

Obviously, he has made an impact here in the first team and I think any youngster who contributes regularly a level down is a good prospect but I do get the impression that there's maybe a bit more to this that we're seeing if he has indeed been released. He's struggled badly since Christmas time (and did for a fair number of notable games with us) by all accounts but I think most people's instincts would be that he'd be worth investing in - it reminds me a bit of Raith Rovers having a very similar youngster who was a bit sporadic but was allowed to move to Rangers for next to nothing and the blessing of the CEO (who is now at Dens), that was David Bates!

Yep it was me. The coach had his own doubts about Waddell. There was no inference that his opinion had been influenced in any way by the management team, it was just his opinion based on what he had witnessed, in games and in training. 

47 minutes ago, Sebastiano Nela said:

By all means let him go (Personally I wouldn't as I think he's got the attributes to be a good CH), but why waive the development fee?

Some of the stuff JM has done, or continues to do is a bit weird.

Apparently he didn't rate Kamara FFS

Last bit is not true.

Maybe he just isn't good enough? Apart from a couple of goals against Hearts what has he actually done for us? What is it specifically that says he should be part of the club's future and that the decision to let him go is wrong?

If he was that good surely someone would be happy to pay the development fee? Looks like an opportunity to get a wage off the books and to move on a player that won't make it at the level we want to be at to me.

Adblock Detected