Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

We Have Learnt Nothing!

barkblue

I Worte this blog just over a year ago, but honestly, change the managerial names around and a few of the players and I could have sat down to write it tonight. I'm no expert, but we have learnt nothing. Absolutely nothing. How is it that we humble fans can see this but no one at the club seems able to?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Ben much longer than last year. Daughter was at the St J, first one for ages. Said exactly the same thing. Why do we play the way we do? It's costing us points and fans every week. Still hiring managers who will not go on to  ginger jobs. Good managers maybe know that managing DFC is not likely to be a good career move.

56 minutes ago, BCram said:

Ben much longer than last year. Daughter was at the St J, first one for ages. Said exactly the same thing. Why do we play the way we do? It's costing us points and fans every week. Still hiring managers who will not go on to  ginger jobs. Good managers maybe know that managing DFC is not likely to be a good career move.

....BC, I'm still trying to figure out what you thought you were typing, that caused 'predictive text' to come up with this???......and was this maybe also a wee freudian slip, and you had Ian McCall in your mind as you typed in 'jobbies'???  :)  

Being slightly more serious, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the last part could put some managers off....but I think an out-of-work experienced manager would take the challenge on (what is there to lose, with a payoff deal if they fail?), and an ambitious young manager would see it as a potential stepping stone to better things, as PH probably did.

2 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

....BC, I'm still trying to figure out what you thought you were typing, that caused 'predictive text' to come up with this???......and was this maybe also a wee freudian slip, and you had Ian McCall in your mind as you typed in 'jobbies'???  :)  

My first thought was "bigger" jobs, but maybe he meant to put ginger meaning they never go on to work for Bon-Accord 😏

1 hour ago, WoodStein said:

Being slightly more serious, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the last part could put some managers off....but I think an out-of-work experienced manager would take the challenge on (what is there to lose, with a payoff deal if they fail?), and an ambitious young manager would see it as a potential stepping stone to better things, as PH probably did.

Correct, predictive text malfunction. Bigger jobs was my intended comment. Currently available AKA unemployed and rising stars AKA learning the ropes, seem to be our dead strength recently when it comes to hiring managers. We are defending the same way after 3 managers with an obvious lack of a plan for defending. It's as though the players are supposed to sort it out as they go along. R McGowan put a lot more effort into helping JCurran with his positional play when he moved to RB against St J.

I don't know who listens to Gowser, Kenny and O'Dea but this idea of leaders on the park isn't working. As for Woods, I just don't know where he fits in to the leadership role. This leaders on the park seems to me to be an alternative to telling the players what he expects when we have the ball and what he expects when the opposition have the ball. I'm hoping for a 5 man defence against Aberdeen and the other five to be much more pressing the opposition immediately the other side get the ball.

Maybe try to creat an out ball for ourselves when defending corners by having at least one player at the half way line.  

Adblock Detected