Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Manager for Post-split Games

Cobra

The manager for post-split games  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see McIntyre in the dugout when the Dee visit McDiarmid on the 20th?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Backed him for a long time but He’s really irritated me recently with selections and subbies and inability to change the game so I’d say we need a change of attitude for the final 5 games like 2 years ago when Hartley was in the dugout an we brought in McCann short term.. hate constantly changing managers but I’ve just lost all confidence in his ability to get us out of this shambles.

I’ve controversially gone for ‘Yes’. JM has done himself no favours with some bizarre squad shuffling and frustrating looks like Hartley and McCann whereby he has no idea who his best starting eleven are. His induction to ‘7 on the bounce club’, something we hadn’t seen for decades and now that’s 4 times in 2 years under 3 managers, has done nothing to help his cause either. 

However, much of JMs poor stats have been attributed to inheriting McCann’s extremely poor squad. The January window was always going to be a roll of the dice as he assembled a cut-and-shut team made up of loans and freebies. Many of us said in December that it was going to be a big ask for JM to do this, so I’ll standby that judgement.

Relegation looks highly likely now. Many of us have been through this before, finding form at this late stage is very rare. Once the season is over, wherever we are, the decks will be cleared of the loans and the players out of contract. A manager deserves the chance to assemble a proper squad in proper circumstances before he’s punted. 

If he stays we are down. Probably down anyway but seven on the trot  is as bad as any of the others who are  gone. Won't happen though. No   hope of anything being done a be little how of getting any more  points the way things are. Once we lose a goal we are lost . Same as  McCann who was equally hopeless. We are just drifting aimlessly to the championship. Watch the season tickets  go.

I keep hearing on Sportscene and Match of the Day managers saying that they had to change things around when either having a poor first half or losing a goal. 

Sadly neither Neil McCann nor Jim McIntrye were/are capable of doing that despite them signing the bulk of the players in their respective teams. 

5 minutes ago, DFC1974 said:

However, much of JMs poor stats have been attributed to inheriting McCann’s extremely poor squad. The January window was always going to be a roll of the dice as he assembled a cut-and-shut team made up of loans and freebies. Many of us said in December that it was going to be a big ask for JM to do this, so I’ll standby that judgement.

his squad now. he has been here since October and can't keep blaming McCann for everything which is happening now.

he should go.

6 minutes ago, DFC1974 said:

I’ve controversially gone for ‘Yes’. JM has done himself no favours with some bizarre squad shuffling and frustrating looks like Hartley and McCann whereby he has no idea who his best starting eleven are. His induction to ‘7 on the bounce club’, something we hadn’t seen for decades and now that’s 4 times in 2 years under 3 managers, has done nothing to help his cause either. 

Relegation looks highly likely now. Many of us have been through this before, finding form at this late stage is very rare. Once the season is over, wherever we are, the decks will be cleared of the loans and the players out of contract. A manager deserves the chance to assemble a proper squad in proper circumstances before he’s punted. 

I was very critical of that team selection at 2.00pm but imo it nearly worked.  As it turned out, it didn't look like a selection intended to take a 2-0 defeat rather than a 6-0 but a selection that frustrated the hell out of Aberdeen and we were well in the game just before the penalty.  Moore did more than a decent job on Ferguson imo and didn't disgrace himself.  The manager? Unless someone can come up with a viable and realistic alternative then JM should be the manager at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, Sandeman said:

his squad now. he has been here since October and can't keep blaming McCann for everything which is happening now.

he should go.

I know what you’re saying and normally I’d be of the opinion that 7 losses on the trot is the statistical justification to gtf. I just don’t see it as being ‘his squad’. At the moment I see the squad as just being his patch work. He’s tried to fix the holes with duct tape and chewing gum but without success, but I don’t think he should be completely judged on a panic bought makeshift squad. 

If this was a squad of targeted signings that he’d put together in the summer, then fair enough  

2 minutes ago, Attilio said:

I was very critical of that team selection at 2.00pm but imo it nearly worked.  As it turned out, it didn't look like a selection intended to take a 2-0 defeat rather than a 6-0 but a selection that frustrated the hell out of Aberdeen and we were well in the game just before the penalty.  Moore did more than a decent job on Ferguson imo and didn't disgrace himself.  The manager? Unless someone can come up with a viable and realistic alternative then JM should be the manager at the end of the season.

A good post and I would agree other than the fact JM was brought in to save us from relegation... He was backed financially and has not delivered and although overall we have been a wee bit better it's not good enough and I don't have confidence he can assemble a decent squad for next season

Adblock Detected