Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Favourite Dundee Memory

Cobra

We're going through one of those tough periods as Dees right now. Be nice to be reminded of the wonderful times that our team sometimes give us.

The moment that still gives me shivers is Grady at the sticklebrick. Has a football ever been struck better? The eruption behind the goal was something else. I'm so glad they never equalised because the celebration lasted about 10 minutes.

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I can see what you've tried to do here cobra but I don't think it will work this time mate. 

The club has went backwards in recent years and it's getting worse week by week. Hartley couldn't replace hemmings, Stewart or harkins, he was lucky that hemmings and Stewart ended up as good as they were but the second those 3 were not replaced he was doomed. McCann done a great job to keep us up but after that he should have walked away but he didn't and because of his 1 and half seasons in charge we ended up with this Arab b*****d of a manager that is an absolute clown.

All of this added together with the fact that we will more than likely go down automatically and we have owners that are deluded and have no idea about Scottish football the atmosphere around the club is horrible and I cant see anything picking the support up other than jmac getting sacked and mcpake, Boyle and the experienced members of the squad taking charge and somehow keeping us in the division 

17 minutes ago, scooter99 said:

Neil's deft lob against Raith during the deefiant season. 

Least favourite memory is Betos post as it missed the point of Cobras post imo.

So my post is worse than getting fucked 6-2 across the road, getting relegated at Livingston in 2005 or getting 7 past us against Aberdeen at home? Doubt it somehow 

My favourite memory has to be a league cup victory over Celtic during the power cuts due to strikes in December 1973. Gordon Wallace scoring the goal. The crowd under  30,000 but it was a great day. Thought I would see more such days and it seems and is so long ago. Still great memory though. 

8 hours ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

I can see what you've tried to do here cobra but I don't think it will work this time mate. 

The club has went backwards in recent years and it's getting worse week by week. Hartley couldn't replace hemmings, Stewart or harkins, he was lucky that hemmings and Stewart ended up as good as they were but the second those 3 were not replaced he was doomed. McCann done a great job to keep us up but after that he should have walked away but he didn't and because of his 1 and half seasons in charge we ended up with this Arab b*****d of a manager that is an absolute clown.

All of this added together with the fact that we will more than likely go down automatically and we have owners that are deluded and have no idea about Scottish football the atmosphere around the club is horrible and I cant see anything picking the support up other than jmac getting sacked and mcpake, Boyle and the experienced members of the squad taking charge and somehow keeping us in the division 

I get your point Beto but even if the club folded tomorrow our great memories of being a Dee can't be taken away.

You might not want to think of better times while we're going through a difficult time but I don't know why you're bothered if some of us would like to take a minute to reflect on happier times like winning the title at Muirfield, Caniggia's debut or the Doon Derby. 

Being a Dee gives us amazing highs and horrible lows and for me personally the lows become a little easier if I take time to reflect on those amazing moments when the Dundee end erupted after a memorable goal like Grady's.

The day I done a pre-match sh*t as a young pished teenager whilst attempting to do a piss in the Derry bogs probably isn't my favourite memory but after enduring 90 arduous minutes it's the day I realised I was in this for the long haul. If you can endure that and repeated shouts of "Wha the Fucks farted" you can endure anything. Relegation will be a walk in the park in comparison.😂💩

On 07/04/2019 at 21:22, Cobra said:

I get your point Beto but even if the club folded tomorrow our great memories of being a Dee can't be taken away.

You might not want to think of better times while we're going through a difficult time but I don't know why you're bothered if some of us would like to take a minute to reflect on happier times like winning the title at Muirfield, Caniggia's debut or the Doon Derby. 

Being a Dee gives us amazing highs and horrible lows and for me personally the lows become a little easier if I take time to reflect on those amazing moments when the Dundee end erupted after a memorable goal like Grady's.

Didn't mean any disrespect cobra, was in a horrendous mood on Sunday. Been to the golf tonight and played well so I'm in a good mood now, so for that reason I'll give you a top 5.

1. Doon derby

2. Hearts 4-4 (1st game)

3. Chip

4. 4-4 at Easter road 

5. Chic charnley scoring from the half way line against Portsmouth in a pre season friendly (sure it was against them)

On 07/04/2019 at 01:36, Cobra said:

We're going through one of those tough periods as Dees right now. Be nice to be reminded of the wonderful times that our team sometimes give us.

The moment that still gives me shivers is Grady at the sticklebrick. Has a football ever been struck better? The eruption behind the goal was something else. I'm so glad they never equalised because the celebration lasted about 10 minutes.

How good was Rab!?! You forget how good a keeper can be when you go so long without seeing one like him.

On 07/04/2019 at 21:04, EuanG said:

My favourite memory has to be a league cup victory over Celtic during the power cuts due to strikes in December 1973. Gordon Wallace scoring the goal. The crowd under  30,000 but it was a great day. Thought I would see more such days and it seems and is so long ago. Still great memory though. 

^^ this and the Scottish Cup run the following year.

Adblocker Detected