The Dark Blues
Cobra

St Johnstone V Dundee

Rate this topic

Starting XI  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who should start in Perth?

We're going to McDiarmid Park on the 20th April and we're going to take all three points. No mistakes, no hard luck stories, just three f**cking points.

Who should start?

• Like 2

I added Horsfield to the list even though it makes me sick to have a guy wearing dark blue who clearly don't give a f**k whether we stay up or go down.

Hopefully the manager can name 11 guys who actually care about our great club staying in Scotland's top division.

Parish was between the sticks for McCann's last game away from Dens. That was the last time Dundee kept a clean sheet outside the city. Could Parish possibly have done worse than Dieng, who has ZERO clean sheets in his last 20 appearances?

The useless, half-arsed excuse of a defender that is Horsfield hasn't kept a clean sheet in his life so hopefully we don't see him again.

By the way, I'm not being a c**t for the sake of it. I'm being deliberately provocative. I want someone to provide evidence that Horsfield isn't a mercenary taking the piss out of DFC.

• Star Post 1

7 hours ago, Cobra said:

By the way, I'm not being a c**t for the sake of it. I'm being deliberately provocative. I want someone to provide evidence that Horsfield isn't a mercenary taking the piss out of DFC.

I was a bit worried when he announced he’d signed for ‘Dun Dee’ on Twitter. Can’t even blame that on autocorrect! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, an-dee said:

I was a bit worried when he announced he’d signed for ‘Dun Dee’ on Twitter. Can’t even blame that on autocorrect! 

Christ. I'd forgotten about that. He showed his disdain for the club and the city with that absurd tweet and we saw his disinterest in the flesh when twice within 60 seconds in Perth he made Kennedy look like Ronaldo.

Imagine Horsfield was welcomed with a comment like "Dundee have signed right-back James Horsfield from Scun Thorpe United FC". It's not as if Dundee is an obscure place that few people know about. It's the fourth biggest city in the country and our club reached the semis of the European Cup ffs.

• Like 1

I don’t care who plays - just get theee points ffs. We have to match st Mirren as we go and better them  on occasion. Start at Perth DFC 

We're gonna struggle if we can only pick one player! 😄

2 minutes ago, Budgem said:

We're gonna struggle if we can only pick one player! 😄

FFS. I wondered why nobody had voted. Thanks for letting me know!

• Funny 1

No problem Cobra. Martin Woods missing from list too? (suspended?)

I think Saints have only beaten us and St Mirren in the past 10 or so games. They're no great shakes.

• Like 2

Wouldn't it be ironic if Saints, where we had our greatest triumph (OK, their previous ground), was also where we reached an all-time low in the top flight?

We won't but just thought I'd throw that in now.

2 hours ago, blueboy said:

Wouldn't it be ironic if Saints, where we had our greatest triumph (OK, their previous ground), was also where we reached an all-time low in the top flight?

We can't be relegated against them 

• Like 1

I’m going for a JM tombola selection 😂

Deing

Kusunga, ODea, McGowan

O’Sullivan, Hadenious, Robson, Ralph

Dales

Wright                  Nelson

• Funny 1

Dales weirdly seems to be out of the picture despite IMO being a lot more effective than J.Curran.

Hadenius started in our last win at Livi but has vanished since.

Have there been some disagreements?

3 hours ago, HK Blues said:

We can't be relegated against them 

I think the point was that we could lose our 8th straight game in a row which correct me if I’m wrong would be a new record, or as blueboy says “an all-time low”

6 hours ago, blueboy said:

Thanks 😂

I think over the next 4 games (ie before the St Mirren game) we need to pick up one more point than St Mirren. I think that's achievable, gut feeling only I'm afraid.

Forget Hamilton, we can't catch them. 

That would mean a win against St Mirren on the last day at a packed Dens, would give us a play-off game and relegate St Mirren.

I think that's the best realistic scenario. Now, remind me, what is a win?

1 hour ago, dblair said:

I think the point was that we could lose our 8th straight game in a row which correct me if I’m wrong would be a new record, or as blueboy says “an all-time low”

Only for a week though

I think we can beat St Johnstone and if that happens it'll give us confidence going to Motherwell. That's not a game I'd expect to take anything from but a win in Perth would be a huge boost. This game is going to define our season. 

Trying to be realistic but positive I think both ourselves and Hamilton will pick up 3 points before we meet and St Mirren will get 3 or 4. 

We will need to beat Hamilton and I think we will. 

With 2 games left the table will be:

Hamilton = 28 points, St Mirren = 25 points, Dundee = 24 points. 

Livingston will have nothing to play for and we will win there to go to 27 points whilst Hamilton and St Mirren will draw again. 

We will beat St Mirren on the last day to go to 30 points but I can't say I'm confident that St Johnstone will win at Hamilton so we will be 11th but in good form and will win the play off. 

PS - If McIntyre actually gets someone to mark Kennedy this time it will help. He has looked like Messi against us twice which is just embarrassing. 

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

Dales weirdly seems to be out of the picture despite IMO being a lot more effective than J.Curran.

Is it not the case that Dales has had numerous attempts on goal and failed to hit the target even once? Frustrating as f***

4 minutes ago, McSkimmeroo said:

Is it not the case that Dales has had numerous attempts on goal and failed to hit the target even once? Frustrating as f***

I don't have the stats to hand but he does seem to have an amazing ability to miss the target time after time.

14 hours ago, dblair said:

Yes - I guess that was what was meant - I wrongly assumed the R word was what was being alluded to.

18 hours ago, Cobra said:

Jesse got a lot of stick on here because of his "end product". When Dales started he looked to be a find but it was soon obvious to me that his "end product" wasn't even as good as JC's. Maybe a little better at attacking the defence.

What did everyone else think about Callum Moore’s performance against Aberdeen?  Not one person has put him down as a starter yet. I thought he looked a bit lost against that level of opposition, great experience for the young lad tho.