The Dark Blues
Cobra

St Johnstone V Dundee

Rate this topic

Starting XI  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who should start in Perth?

(Going back to Main Topic) 

ST JOHNSTONE vs DUNDEE FC. Not surpringly, Bookies (like most of us it seems) have us beaten here, before the  game's even started.

Our Stats & recent performances (against them) & all other teams over the season, as well as our win/lose "ratio" (last word is too fancy)

indicates another "pointless" game...And that is exactly just how it will possibly turn out, to continue "Our Season of Misery & Depression"

But what the hell, we've managed to get through the pain up to now, and reach this stage of the season, withoot too much self-harming :tears:

So should we no' for a wee while (until 5.00pm Saturday at least) Gie DFC,  oorselves, oor owners, oor manager, oor players a wee break ?

If, by some miracle, DFC can win & come back with three precious points...All the aforementioned, deservedly criticised "heap of sh**e" will

still retain their well earned status status of being sh**e...But maybe slightly less so. If by some miracle we can then go on to survival in the

Premiership, we can maybe just "maybe" mind gie them/us respite during the close season, ready to steam in again for New Season:chaplin:

Mair seriously, if we can survive this season...And 3 points might be the kick off we need We then have time/space to change everything.

SO DFC, MANAGER/PLAYERS/ FANS, ON SATURDAY LETS GET THESE THREE POINTS :wub:

Thank god wait is almost over. 5 games. We know what is required. Playing 5 worst teams in league, not the 5 best. 3 with little to play for. Come on Dundee fc - the great escape starts Saturday 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Thank god wait is almost over. 5 games. We know what is required. Playing 5 worst teams in league, not the 5 best. 3 with little to play for. Come on Dundee fc - the great escape starts Saturday 

We're the worst team in the league - we're playing five teams that are better than we are.

Just now, Prince Buster said:

We're the worst team in the league - we're playing five teams that are better than we are.

But not as good as the top six- so a better chance to get points needed to get off the bottom

1 minute ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

But not as good as the top six- so a better chance to get points needed to get off the bottom

We've little chance of even a point :stirthepot:

Just now, Prince Buster said:

We've little chance of even a point :stirthepot:

Stop it now I’m on the cheery juice , sunny holiday weekend. You can’t bring me down pb🕺

• Funny 1

It’s Easter and I believe n miracles so I am going for a 3-1 win for the Dees. Goals from wright, nelson and ODea. keep the faith. 

• Like 2

Not going to give any more views on McIntyre until the end of the season, he is here until then whether we like it or not. We simply have to get behind him and the team and hope we can pull this off. 

Mon the Dee!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

popular vote has the team as

Dieng

Kerr McGowan O'Dea Ralph

Hadenius, Mcgowan, O'Sullivan Robson

Wright & Nelson

not sure about how they line up!

only thing certain about our line up will be woods and curran will start...Christ know the rest though.

Its the biggest game this season ,f**k all the doom and gloom,we need everyone that can get there a**e to Perth to go and cheer this club to safety.

We bleed Dark Blue so let's show the team what it means to be a Dee! .........................wait for the richocet..............and put the b*****d in ffs!

• Like 6
  • Star Post 1

1 hour ago, BCram said:

popular vote has the team as

Dieng

Kerr McGowan O'Dea Ralph

Hadenius, Mcgowan, O'Sullivan Robson

Wright & Nelson

not sure about how they line up!

Doesn’t look bad that. I’d line them up 433 with O’Sullivan and Wright either side wide of nelson with hadenius and Gowser sitting protecting the back 4 and robson just infront. So maybe a 4231 actually🤣

7 minutes ago, dblair said:

Doesn’t look bad that. I’d line them up 433 with O’Sullivan and Wright either side wide of nelson with hadenius and Gowser sitting protecting the back 4 and robson just infront. So maybe a 4231 actually🤣

Thanks dblair, sound like a plan. Be great if it worked, but as has already been mentioned both Currans missing and no Woods, seems unlikely!

28 minutes ago, BCram said:

Thanks dblair, sound like a plan. Be great if it worked, but as has already been mentioned both Currans missing and no Woods, seems unlikely!

There really does seem to be little chance of the 'popular XI' starting the game. C.Curran & Nelson appeared to be developing a good partnership, until Nelson's injury at Livi. However, in Paisley, that partnership seems well snuffed out by St.M's tactics. 

Whatever the lineup, we badly need to score first, and if we do, to hold onto that lead & extend it. When we concede what's usually a fairly soft first goal, I think there's a fairly universal feeling that it's only a matter of time before we do so again. 

8 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

There really does seem to be little chance of the 'popular XI' starting the game. C.Curran & Nelson appeared to be developing a good partnership, until Nelson's injury at Livi. However, in Paisley, that partnership seems well snuffed out by St.M's tactics. 

Whatever the lineup, we badly need to score first, and if we do, to hold onto that lead & extend it. When we concede what's usually a fairly soft first goal, I think there's a fairly universal feeling that it's only a matter of time before we do so again. 

Match in a nutshell. Needs a big change in attitude from the players. They need to remember that they held Celtic at Celtic Park for 90 minutes+ and did a very effective job on Aberdeen until their penalty. They need to ALL focus on defending when the opposition has the ball then break forward at speed when we get it back. little chance of the popular XI getting the nod but at least if they come out with some new ideas of how they are going to defend and attack, we might surprise ourselves. Everything seems so laboured. Every kick out from Dieng goes to the left of the pitch where all the players crowd together. Why not give him options by spreading the attack across the pitch. If the opposition do get the ball it will be fairly deep in their own half and not half so damaging as losing possession with our own back passes and side passes mid way into our own half.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BCram said:

Yeah sadly I think your right. I wouldn’t be against c curran starting though as he is one player that you can rely on to give everything single bit of effort he has for the cause. I’d swap him in for Robson actually and be the “legs” of the midfield and get him O’Sullivan and Wright (both who have pace) to press high up the park like we did first half against killie to such great effect 

Hopefully JM will start at least one of our two goalscorers (unlike the last game out).

Will we score a goal against them this season?........... and even if we do, it still might not be enough.

Edited by Dondeh

23 hours ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Unfortunately we're "worser" when we play the worse teams!

26 minutes ago, dblair said:

Yeah sadly I think your right. I wouldn’t be against c curran starting though as he is one player that you can rely on to give everything single bit of effort he has for the cause. I’d swap him in for Robson actually and be the “legs” of the midfield and get him O’Sullivan and Wright (both who have pace) to press high up the park like we did first half against killie to such great effect 

I don't know if I'm imagining it but I think that he's not really looked 100% since he had his injury.

I get the feeling McIntyre has been trying to be cautious with him and Nelson since they've been struggling. Hopefully see them both start and firing on all cylinders tomorrow.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I don't know if I'm imagining it but I think that he's not really looked 100% since he had his injury.

I get the feeling McIntyre has been trying to be cautious with him and Nelson since they've been struggling. Hopefully see them both start and firing on all cylinders tomorrow.

I said that to the young lad regarding Nelson only getting 20 mins or so after his injury...ive a feeling we were just getting him back upto speed and ready for these huge games,,,i'd say 5 games but lose tomorrow and next week and it will be all over.

3 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Wheres good to park tomorrow? 

Dobbies just up beyond the Tesco is a 5 minute walk and they don't patrol their car park in any way. Other than that, head up the hill at the roundabout after the ground into Letham. Loads of on street parking there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travellingdee said:

Unfortunately we're "worser" when we play the worse teams!

Nawwwe! Accies in our pocket. Unlucky against saints. Beaten livi.