The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

Dundee Mad made me think he was the most useless person to ever walk the planet. Was he really that inept? I have no idea.

2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Dundee Mad made me think he was the most useless person to ever walk the planet. Was he really that inept? I have no idea.

Nelms makes Spoofer look like a genius 

• Star Post 1

Hope ICT aren’t building any new stands 

10 minutes ago, GoatLord said:

Nelms makes Spoofer look like a genius 

He was a bullshitter, that's for sure.

It will never fail to astound me though that his crazy decision to appoint his pal Bomber turned out to be good for DFC.

He was punted the week before the season started when it transpired the big sponsors he had promised that he had on board din't exist and we had very little trackside advertisement or even a shirt sponsor - hence Bill Colvin stepped in again with Hanger Records. Boy is full of hot air - talks the talk but will let you down soon enough

Also played a big part in driving a wedge between FPS when they arrived and the new look society with emails about  society directors hosting meetings around cauldrons to conspire to oust FPS (2 months after voting them in 🙄

ICT will regret it soon enough

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Cobra said:

It will never fail to astound me though that his crazy decision to appoint his pal Bomber turned out to be good for DFC.

It was even better for his own pocket. 

1 minute ago, WeighorstsWang said:

It was even better for his own pocket. 

You've said this before. Do you seriously believe that happened? I think it would be fairly serious crime.

18 minutes ago, Cobra said:

You've said this before. Do you seriously believe that happened? I think it would be fairly serious crime.

18 minutes ago, Cobra said:

A finders fee? 

Kind of related. I used to work for Ladbrokes at Ibrox and Parkhead and we'd take bets after the game started. I said to this girl I worked with that it would be possible to make money by placing a bet on say first goalscorer if there was a goal at the start of the game. She decided to report me so I had the fraud squad on my case just for making an observation.

• Funny 3

I've said it before, I know folk who had money on John Brown to get the job.

He was 150/1. 

None of the guys worked inside Dens. They knew someone who did though.

• Like 2

How was he regarded in his post at Hearts? anyone heard anything about his tenure there?

10 hours ago, McSkimmeroo said:

How was he regarded in his post at Hearts? anyone heard anything about his tenure there?

punted after forgetting to order seats for the new stand - wasn't well liked among jambos going by twitter but not sure if he done anything else there

20 hours ago, Cobra said:

He was a bullshitter, that's for sure.

This. Didn’t agree with the appointment initially, but Bomber nearly kept us up after taking over a laughing stock of a team.

Bomber is exactly the type of short term aooointment we need to keep us up right now.

21 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I've said it before, I know folk who had money on John Brown to get the job.

He was 150/1. 

None of the guys worked inside Dens. They knew someone who did though.

Why not report it to the police though? That's beyond being a little bit corrupt, that's fraud and there's a very easy paper trail for any prosecutors to investigate. I know it's not in our nature for us to want to get involved in that but I would find it astonishing if this was knowledge amongst a few people and no one felt it worthy of reporting.

Obviously the facts of that would change my opinion but on reflection, I think he was maybe just one of these business people that bullshits a lot and presents themselves in a certain way to get by. He was very much overdependent on his previous contacts but that's really common in football and it's not easy to break away from totally.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deetection said:

This. Didn’t agree with the appointment initially, but Bomber nearly kept us up after taking over a laughing stock of a team.

Bomber is exactly the type of short term aooointment we need to keep us up right now.

I think it should be remembered that Harkins was arriving and then we had Easton and a couple of others return to fitness after long spells of not being ready.

I'm not dismissing him completely but I think circumstances did change and unfortunately, Smith was hugely out of his depth (sorry Barry). I just think that certain managers get quite fortunate and the stuff like Monti etc was absolutely crazy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Why not report it to the police though? 

Why would I report folk I know making a quick buck to the police? 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Why would I report folk I know making a quick buck to the police? 

Because if they've acted on insider information and someone was leaking it with those purposes (which I thought you were implying?, I.e. the people you knew were benefiting off info that was also intended to make money for someone possibly related to Gardiner?), that suggests someone was using the club to commit fraud.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Because if they've acted on insider information and someone was leaking it with those purposes (which I thought you were implying?, I.e. the people you knew were benefiting off info that was also intended to make money for someone possibly related to Gardiner?), that suggests someone was using the club to commit fraud.

Do you grass your mates off for doing homers? 

Edited by WeighorstsWang

3 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Do you grass your mates off for doing homers? 

Tough one. They should pay their tax like the rest of us. A homer for family or friend at the weekend is different from being paid cash all week and declaring nowt.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Tough one. 

You'd even consider grassing your mates for doing a homer? 

Mind blowing. 

15 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Mind blowing. 

No. But if I knew someone was never declaring in income thats different. A homer to me is a weekend job for family or friend.

16 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Mind blowing. 

You only picked up two words from my answer.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doing a bit of joinery and committing a criminal offence are normally two separate things?.