The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
WeighorstsWang

Another Ticket Deal

Rate this topic

Another cracking deal where you can get into both of the final two games for as low as £15 per game (Adult). 

Again, well done to the board for doing all they can to get punters in. 

• Like 7

Hopefully we can shift a decent amount of tickets at those prices. 

On 10/04/2019 at 22:44, DarkBlueKnight said:

Bums on seats to support the team - good stuff

This won't result in many extra fans turning up, it's too little too late and is once again a kick in the nads for the season ticket holder who will get nothing for their support all season whilst the casual / occasional attendee will get reduced rates for two games and their kids for free.

Meanwhile us season ticket holders have the opportunity to renew at Premiership prices for a season in the championship.

57 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

This won't result in many extra fans turning up, it's too little too late and is once again a kick in the nads for the season ticket holder who will get nothing for their support all season whilst the casual / occasional attendee will get reduced rates for two games and their kids for free.

Meanwhile us season ticket holders have the opportunity to renew at Premiership prices for a season in the championship.

I guess this shows you cannot please all of the people all of the time! 

5 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

The directors could offer to put on free transport for Dundee supporters most of whom are likely to be Season ticket holders attending the Away game at Perth. This is nothing new as the board of directors have previously made this gesture to encourage a large number of Dundee supporters to support the team at a crucial Away game near the end of the season. Back then there was more chance of the team winning these games even if they went 1-0 down which has certainly not been the case this season. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

As a ST holder I don't feel in any way negative towards a deal of this sort under the current circumstances. Any attempt to positively engage the fans should be welcomed in my opinion. However I see your point PB.

I do also completely agree that the effect on the overall attendance will be negligible. 

• Like 4

Based on what has been on offer this season, and last, £10 would be the max the club should be charging. For some they would have to be paid £10 to attend.

Email the Club about the free bus thing Islay,we need to get behind the Club.A big noisy support up there just might get us a result.Going down to that nightmare of a division is not on,and the players need to be telt,get your arses in gear or GTF!!

10 hours ago, HK Blues said:

I guess this shows you cannot please all of the people all of the time! 

I just can't be pleased - ever.

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, GSD said:

Email the Club about the free bus thing Islay,we need to get behind the Club.A big noisy support up there just might get us a result.Going down to that nightmare of a division is not on,and the players need to be telt,get your arses in gear or GTF!!

Sorted.

4 hours ago, GSD said:

1 hour ago, islaydarkblue said:

Sorted.

Just dinna tell them your a dfcss volunteer! 🙈

• Funny 4

28 minutes ago, dblair said:

Just dinna tell them your a dfcss volunteer! 🙈

On the contrary that could be to my advantage. 

12 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

I just can't be pleased - ever.

We know! 

• Funny 1

On 12/04/2019 at 11:51, islaydarkblue said:

On the contrary that could be to my advantage. 

Dfcss raj free buses to Motherwell two years ago. Might they be interested again? 

22 minutes ago, KennethRoss said:

Dfcss raj free buses to Motherwell two years ago. Might they be interested again? 

It is up to the members to contact the society with this suggestion. 

27 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

It is up to the members to contact the society with this suggestion. 

Fair enough but that’s not what happened last time - Dfcss board decided to do it 

• Like 2

Seem to recall thistle paid for buses for away games last year to try and boost support

1 hour ago, KennethRoss said:

Fair enough but that’s not what happened last time - Dfcss board decided to do it 

Hi Kenny,

Two years ago I was a historic £1 member of the society and I was unable to attend AGM’s. 

6 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi Kenny,

Two years ago I was a historic £1 member of the society and I was unable to attend AGM’s. 

What’s that got to do with running a bus. I’m confused 

• Star Post 1

5 minutes ago, KennethRoss said:

What’s that got to do with running a bus. I’m confused 

There might not be any demand this time for the society to run a bus as the Dundee supporters including myself have had the stuffing ‘knocked out of them’ thanks to the performances by the team this season. 

Prior to every league game I have attended at Dens this season I have gone expecting us to lose and if we are lucky get a draw. 

Every game I attended at Dens during the Dee-fiant season I expected us to win and I was disappointed if we only got a draw. 

How times have changed thanks to a series of poor signings by both Neil McCann and Jim McIntyre coupled with Neil McCann getting rid of most of the players signed by Paul Hartley. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

There might not be any demand this time for the society to run a bus as the Dundee supporters including myself have had the stuffing ‘knocked out of them’ thanks to the performances by the team this season

So why did you post this?

On 12/04/2019 at 12:14, islaydarkblue said:

The directors could offer to put on free transport for Dundee supporters most of whom are likely to be Season ticket holders attending the Away game at Perth. This is nothing new as the board of directors have previously made this gesture to encourage a large number of Dundee supporters to support the team at a crucial Away game near the end of the season

10 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

t is up to the members to contact the society with this suggestion.

Ok, well I’m a member and you are a society volunteer yeah? So, can we have free buses to Perth please. Thank you

• Funny 2
  • Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Islay great opportunity for you as fund raising member for dfcss. Buses to the away games - free for members , free if you join dfcss on the day, 6 quid otherwise. Good way to raise profile dfcss, help the team, help the support, gain members and raise some cash 

• Like 5
  • Star Post 2

54 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Islay great opportunity for you as fund raising member for dfcss. Buses to the away games - free for members , free if you join dfcss on the day, 6 quid otherwise. Good way to raise profile dfcss, help the team, help the support, gain members and raise some cash 

AN EXCELLENT POST DBK .... This to me, sounds like "Guid Oot o' Box" thinking.

I don't think, you are trying to put islay into a corner here... But he could be Oor Man :happyyes:

If this can be Organised, Well Advertised & Promoted, EVERYONE is a WINNER:chaplin: