The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
WeighorstsWang

Another Ticket Deal

Rate this topic

16 minutes ago, Gedee said:

AN EXCELLENT POST DBK .... This to me, sounds like "Guid Oot o' Box" thinking.

I don't think, you are trying to put islay into a corner here... But he could be Oor Man :happyyes:

If this can be Organised, Well Advertised & Promoted, EVERYONE is a WINNER:chaplin:

No I wouldn’t back anyone into a corner gedee -  just a wee suggestion . Other teams in similar position to us have put in buses - it would be a dereliction if we did not .  Club could offer discount off season ticket if you went to both home games or all the away ones etc

• Like 2

Tell you what ... And as you probably know (for a variety of reasons) I don't get to any games.

This limitation, as well as other things (No as bright as eh sometimes like to believe I am) :wacko:

Means I am no' in a position to organise. However I want to see DFC start off with a win here.

We all know the value of a strong travelling support. In DFC support, if no aye the biggest, we

are weel up there, as being, one of the loudest. On Saturday we will need the biggest/loudest.

To kick off this idea of a FREE BUS. I'd be happy to donate £20 as a start towards the cost of

organising this.This can be towards person(s) bus company, dfcss, dbf, dfc Love DFC :wub:

Sure other donators would come forward Is there someone on TDBF/dfcss to organise this?

• Like 2
  • Star Post 3

1 hour ago, Gedee said:

Tell you what ... And as you probably know (for a variety of reasons) I don't get to any games.

This limitation, as well as other things (No as bright as eh sometimes like to believe I am) :wacko:

Means I am no' in a position to organise. However I want to see DFC start off with a win here.

We all know the value of a strong travelling support. In DFC support, if no aye the biggest, we

are weel up there, as being, one of the loudest. On Saturday we will need the biggest/loudest.

To kick off this idea of a FREE BUS. I'd be happy to donate £20 as a start towards the cost of

organising this.This can be towards person(s) bus company, dfcss, dbf, dfc Love DFC :wub:

Sure other donators would come forward Is there someone on TDBF/dfcss to organise this?

Happy to match your donation gedee

• Like 3

Might be a bit late to get a bus for next week? However some good out there thinking and maybe a consideration for Livingston game if we're still in with a shout at that point?

8 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Might be a bit late to get a bus for next week? However some good out there thinking and maybe a consideration for Livingston game if we're still in with a shout at that point?

I’m not an expert in much pb but pretty sure the club could help arrange buses in collaboration with dfcss - would be a start of some working together? Maybe I’m a dreamer?!

1 minute ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

I’m not an expert in much pb but pretty sure the club could help arrange buses in collaboration with dfcss - would be a start of some working together? Maybe I’m a dreamer?!

Dream on, the world needs dreamers.

• Funny 1

9 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Martin Luther King had a dream in 1963 (great year that) just after Dundee FC acheived a dream. Mr. King's dream is not quite there yet although significant strides have been made so if we all start dreaming now maybe in 60 year's time we'll have taken significant strides towards making it real.

Edited by Prince Buster

On 12/04/2019 at 12:14, islaydarkblue said:

The directors could offer to put on free transport for Dundee supporters most of whom are likely to be Season ticket holders attending the Away game at Perth. This is nothing new as the board of directors have previously made this gesture to encourage a large number of Dundee supporters to support the team at a crucial Away game near the end of the season. Back then there was more chance of the team winning these games even if they went 1-0 down which has certainly not been the case this season. 

To for from the above to the below within one page pf a thread is utterly baffling.

13 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

There might not be any demand this time for the society to run a bus as the Dundee supporters including myself have had the stuffing ‘knocked out of them’ thanks to the performances by the team this season. 

Prior to every league game I have attended at Dens this season I have gone expecting us to lose and if we are lucky get a draw. 

Every game I attended at Dens during the Dee-fiant season I expected us to win and I was disappointed if we only got a draw. 

How times have changed thanks to a series of poor signings by both Neil McCann and Jim McIntyre coupled with Neil McCann getting rid of most of the players signed by Paul Hartley. 

I hate looking like I'm being rude about one particular poster. However, the responses from Islay on this thread should make the toes of anyone running DFCSS curl.

If they are serious about growing their membership, then it has to be about inclusion and taking initiative.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

1 hour ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Happy to match your donation gedee

Good on you Freend ... Does your donation  (like mine) involve dobbin' back your "suspended" pocket money, back off the wife :ph34r:

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, barkblue said:

To for from the above to the below within one page pf a thread is utterly baffling.

I hate looking like I'm being rude about one particular poster. However, the responses from Islay on this thread should make the toes of anyone running DFCSS curl.

If they are serious about growing their membership, then it has to be about inclusion and taking initiative.

Hi barkblue,

I suggest at you read my original post on this topic and you will read that my suggestion was for the club to pay for free buses to McDiarmid Park on Saturday 20th April as a result of the devaluation of Season Tickets due to the latest two home games ticket deal. 

I have also posted what most Dundee supporters are currently thinking about the performances by the team this season. At the Aberdeen home game on 6th April 2019 the number of Away supporters was conveniently not announced to obviously hide the fact that Dundee season ticket holders and PATG customers are voting with their feet and not attended home games at Dens. 

Anyone sitting in the Main Stand at Dens can see the larger gaps in the number of people sitting in the South Enclosure and Bobby Cox Stand compared with earlier in this season.

I must admit that I am getting fed up with some posters on this forum continually ‘picking holes’ in my posts. In future I am going to keep my ideas to myself and refrain from posting them on this forum. 

It will save me a lot of time and allow me to put my energies into things that are important to me.

13 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi barkblue,

I suggest at you read my original post on this topic and you will read that my suggestion was for the club to pay for free buses to McDiarmid Park on Saturday 20th April as a result of the devaluation of Season Tickets due to the latest two home games ticket deal. 

I have also posted what most Dundee supporters are currently thinking about the performances by the team this season. At the Aberdeen home game on 6th April 2019 the number of Away supporters was conveniently not announced to obviously hide the fact that Dundee season ticket holders and PATG customers are voting with their feet and not attended home games at Dens. 

Anyone sitting in the Main Stand at Dens can see the larger gaps in the number of people sitting in the South Enclosure and Bobby Cox Stand compared with earlier in this season.

I must admit that I am getting fed up with some posters on this forum continually ‘picking holes’ in my posts. In future I am going to keep my ideas to myself and refrain from posting them on this forum. 

It will save me a lot of time and allow me to put my energies into things that are important to me.

The point I was trying to make has nothing to do with the information you have posted above. That, in my opinion, is why you feel like folk poke holes in your posts. You more often than not do not answer the points being made instead you refer folk to a whole load of other information that had little to do with the subject at hand (see Kenny Ross's reply to you earlier, for example).

The point I was trying to make was that you think the club should be providing buses for fans. However when someone suggested DFCSS should maybe do it (they are a fan organisation, after all), your response was well, no one wants to go. If that's the case, why would the board organise buses? It's counterintuitive.

You often mention that you are now involved with DFCSS in some capacity. So when someone suggests DFCSS make positive contribution to trying to keep the club in the division, replying negatively (more than once), inadvertently, reflects badly on DFCSS.

I did also mention that I am NOT trying to have a go at you Islay and apologise if that's how it comes across.

• Like 3
  • Star Post 1

30 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi barkblue,

It was announced.  You asked the question on here this time last week and were told the answer then.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 2

23 minutes ago, Attilio said:

It was announced.  You asked the question on here this time last week and were told the answer then.

I was going to post this but Islay had me thinking I must have been wrong. Pretty sure I said at the match how pathetic it was that just under half the crowd was away fans.

18 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

There might not be any demand this time for the society to run a bus as the Dundee supporters including myself have had the stuffing ‘knocked out of them’ thanks to the performances by the team this season. 

Prior to every league game I have attended at Dens this season I have gone expecting us to lose and if we are lucky get a draw. 

Every game I attended at Dens during the Dee-fiant season I expected us to win and I was disappointed if we only got a draw. 

How times have changed thanks to a series of poor signings by both Neil McCann and Jim McIntyre coupled with Neil McCann getting rid of most of the players signed by Paul Hartley. 

You appear to have misread the question, Kenny asked you a question regarding the DFCSS running free buses in response to you're suggestion that the club should run free buses.

6 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

You appear to have misread the question, Kenny asked you a question regarding free buses.

Why bother, it gives legitimacy to the completely self absorbed.

• Funny 1

9 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Why bother, it gives legitimacy to the completely self absorbed.

Hi Chomp,

In 1978 I lost a marble down the back of my late grandmother's settee. I sadly couldn't find it and never forgave my grandmother for purchasing such a god awful piece of furniture. She lived adjacent to the crematorium in Dundee which is close to the Downfield golf course which incidentally is a nightmare to get out of at teatime. I'd have continued searching for the marble but at this moment in time I have more important stuff to worry about.

• Funny 6

4 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Hi Chomp,

In 1978 I lost a marble down the back of my late grandmother's settee. I sadly couldn't find it and never forgave my grandmother for purchasing such a god awful piece of furniture. She lived adjacent to the crematorium in Dundee which is close to the Downfield golf course which incidentally is a nightmare to get out of at teatime. I'd have continued searching for the marble but  at this moment in time I have more important stuff to worry about.

You are not the only one who has lost their marbles so get a grip. 😉

• Funny 4

28 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Hi Chomp,

In 1978 I lost a marble down the back of my late grandmother's settee. I sadly couldn't find it and never forgave my grandmother for purchasing such a god awful piece of furniture. She lived adjacent to the crematorium in Dundee which is close to the Downfield golf course which incidentally is a nightmare to get out of at teatime. I'd have continued searching for the marble but at this moment in time I have more important stuff to worry about.

Hi Rev,

Thanks for your reply, there's a well know saying, mony a mickle makes a muckle,. I think I've made my point and I bid you good day Sir, the ping pong table beckons. What what, they don't like it up 'em etc....

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, Attilio said:

When I read the match report on the club website the attendance was listed at the end as 6,593 with no total for Away supporters in brackets.

Somebody posting on this forum as about 2,200 is not the exact total. 

3 hours ago, barkblue said:

The point I was trying to make has nothing to do with the information you have posted above. That, in my opinion, is why you feel like folk poke holes in your posts. You more often than not do not answer the points being made instead you refer folk to a whole load of other information that had little to do with the subject at hand (see Kenny Ross's reply to you earlier, for example).

The point I was trying to make was that you think the club should be providing buses for fans. However when someone suggested DFCSS should maybe do it (they are a fan organisation, after all), your response was well, no one wants to go. If that's the case, why would the board organise buses? It's counterintuitive.

You often mention that you are now involved with DFCSS in some capacity. So when someone suggests DFCSS make positive contribution to trying to keep the club in the division, replying negatively (more than once), inadvertently, reflects badly on DFCSS.

I did also mention that I am NOT trying to have a go at you Islay and apologise if that's how it comes across.

Thank you for your apology.

However I am now tacking a break from posting on this forum and will just look at what other posters are saying. I will devote my energies to matters more important to me. 

1 minute ago, islaydarkblue said:

Thank you for your apology.

However I am now tacking a break from posting on this forum and will just look at what other posters are saying. I will devote my energies to matters more important to me. 

There's a bit of leg pulling going on. I'm as guilty as anyone and will follow BB in offering an apology. It's maybe too late after the horse's bolted I suppose but hopefully you accept it as it was intended, just light hearted humour. 

2 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

There's a bit of leg pulling going on. I'm as guilty as anyone and will follow BB in offering an apology. It's maybe too late after the horse's bolted I suppose but hopefully you accept it as it was intended, just light hearted humour. 

Bet you and @barkblue used to steal the bespectacled spotty wee skiny kids ( no not me) panini stickers and fruit spangles.

Your a nasty pair 😉

• Funny 1

4 minutes ago, Valentke said:

Bet you and @barkblue used to steal the bespectacled spotty wee skiny kids ( no not me) panini stickers and fruit spangles.

Your a nasty pair 😉

To be fair I don't think BB had any need to apologise. I was just being a Dick and having a laugh at someone else's expense. Maybe funny but uncalled for.

I'm genuinely worried.😟

Just now, Reverend Lovejoy said:

To be fair I don't think BB had any need to apologise. I was just being a Dick and having a laugh at someone else's expense. Maybe funny but uncalled for.

I'm worried.😟

You’ve never apologised to me...Islay is blest! 

1 hour ago, islaydarkblue said:

When I read the match report on the club website the attendance was listed at the end as 6,593 with no total for Away supporters in brackets.

Somebody posting on this forum as about 2,200 is not the exact total. 

It was announced at the game.

It was 2200 and something. Think it might have been 2251.

• Like 1