The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

With our continued defensive woes I’m correct is thinking Josh Meekings will not play again this season? 

48 minutes ago, PJ Proby said:

With our continued defensive woes I’m correct is thinking Josh Meekings will not play again this season? 

You are correct.

Even if he was due back would anyone want to risk a very cold Meekings in the heart of our defence for the remaining games?... Didn't think so

Another totally sh*t signing, this club just chucks money it does not have down every drain in Sandeman Street.

Kenny Miller, Kasunga, Meekings, Davies, Hamilton, Parish, Curran, N McCann and his mate, I can go on about the total shambles that goes under the guise of Dundee Football Club but what’s the point?

If I was Keys I would be across here getting it sorted and by god it definitely needs sorted.

This is no way to run anything, never mind a football club.

• Star Post 1

There's been a helluva lot more money wasted since the new regime come in than any other I'd reckon. 

3 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

There's been a helluva lot more money wasted since the new regime come in than any other I'd reckon. 

I beg to differ...... try the Marr's era for how to throw away millions and have nothing to show for it.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I beg to differ...... try the Marr's era for how to throw away millions and have nothing to show for it.

Don't know about that, can't put a price on plenty memories. I've been trying to forget everything since the end of Hartley's second season!

• Funny 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Don't know about that, can't put a price on plenty memories. I've been trying to forget everything since the end of Hartley's second season!

Just a shame those memories are tainted with 26 million down the drain due to mismanagement.

11 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

How about £20 odd million in debt and Administration for starters.

• Like 1

Just now, Dondeh said:

How about £20 odd million in debt and Administration for starters.

I hate to break it to you... but losing all the money was a BAD thing! 🤣

3 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I hate to break it to you... but losing all the money was a BAD thing! 🤣

But there was that time we actually managed to win a game and beat Aberdeen and scrape into 6th place.

Surely that was worth it?.  

Edited by Dondeh

27 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Just a shame those memories are tainted with 26 million down the drain due to mismanagement.

That was because Gavin Masterton of the Bank of Scotland let the Marrs  go daft spending money. Goodness knows what the cost to income ratio was when Bonetti was the manager. 

Edited by islaydarkblue
Typo

59 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I'd pay another £52m to see Giorgi chip Combe again. :)

• Funny 1
  • Star Post 1

Compare our season to ICT.

They are in the cup Semi and guaranteed a championship play off spot, all done with very little resources.

We really are a shambles.

Edited by Spiritof62

4 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

You just couldn't change it for anything tho lol

4 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I'd pay another £52m to see Giorgi chip Combe again. :)

I unashamedly cried like a bairn when he came over  to us fans at Palace to wave 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

The Marrs really did have the chance to stop us being the yo-yo club you so rightly despise us being and blew it massively.

Some great memories but where we are now (ownership etc) is still directly linked to those days. 

Unfortunately he is far too injury prone.

I heard a rumour that Josh Meekings actually exists. 

I thought 'yeah, like a yeti exists, you hear about people seeing it but you wonder about their sanity'.

• Funny 1

Never realised that the Club Captain's role was a non-playing honourary title. Usually honourary titles don't come with a wage.😄

• Funny 3

Meekings was injured when we signed him. You didn't have to be Nostradamus to tell he'd be a waste of a wage. 

Davies too.

7 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Meekings was injured when we signed him. You didn't have to be Nostradamus to tell he'd be a waste of a wage. 

Davies too.

To be fair, I think it was worth a wee risk in Meekings' case. He was still 24 and had been an amazing player a couple of years ago, seemed a good idea to me and similar in some ways to what United did to GMS and we did actually have him fit relatively quickly. The big error there was the two year deal last season when his form was pretty pish and it still didn't look like he was near past his problems.

a fit meekings would stroll into our team...especially now since we have a manager who wont insist on tippy tappy look at us we're barca type football at the back.