Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Should the Worst Happen Who Would You Keep?

Wattie Rojas

I think I'm right in saying Hamilton, Ralph, meekings, Davies, Moore, Curran, Nelson, Todd and miller are under contract for next season. Of these I wouldn't be bothered if meekings, Davies and miller moved on.

I'd be trying to sign dieng, dales and Jonno again. 

Ryan McGowan and Wright won't move to that league. 

I'd also offer O'Dea, Jesse, gowser new deals.

Thoughts?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
41 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

I think I'm right in saying Hamilton, Ralph, meekings, Davies, Moore, Curran, Nelson, Todd and miller are under contract for next season. Of these I wouldn't be bothered if meekings, Davies and miller moved on.

I'd be trying to sign dieng, dales and Jonno again. 

Ryan McGowan and Wright won't move to that league. 

I'd also offer O'Dea, Jesse, gowser new deals.

Thoughts?

Not impressed with what you’ve seen of Davies so far Wattie??? 

You do wonder if he will ever play again . 

• Like 1

Ralph, Nelson, O'Sullivan, Kerr, Miller (not 100% on this though) J. Curran (only just by the skin of his teeth). Would be delighted to keep Wright but that will not happen.

After that, the rest can get lost as far as I'm concerned. Including McIntyre in that. 

I think we've got players who could be good in either league, it's just certain positions have been dreadful.

I'd offer Cammy reasonable terms if we went down but I suspect he might want a change of scenery so I think right back will be a position of focus this summer.

Centre back is quite difficult. To be honest, I fear about O'Dea dramatically regressing and maybe struggling even at that level. Meekings could end up being dependable given the opportunity of a new manager but he's been a sick note for years and regressing since the amazing year he had at Inverness - I can't see how another year out of the game will help. Davies I don't suspect will play for us again. I'd go out and sign three or four new players in this position in either case - it's a problem area.

Central midfield is also a big problem. I think Gowser or even Woods could be OK to retain as a bit of experience and dig but we're very weak there and I think a lot of the major problems we see are from that. For me, we need three in there with a couple of them being athletic.

Up top, I'm quite relaxed with Miller staying as I think he could be good experience to have at that level and then we've also got Curran who is well experienced and a good player I think. Nelson will score goals but will need one other due to his injury record (maybe go the young route as well).

Wingers, I'd actually be very happy with Todd and a couple of the ones we have in that league and I think they'd rip it apart. I still really like Jesse actually and I think he needs to be somewhere where he can actually play that role week in week out, he only moved there in October. Our misfortune could be what gives him a good chance to play football.

I think it'd be a mistake to completely start from scratch tbh. It's very tempting and you don't want to reward failure but you need to gel quickly and I think we've got a few players who would be decent.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I think we've got players who could be good in either league, it's just certain positions have been dreadful.

I'd offer Cammy reasonable terms if we went down but I suspect he might want a change of scenery so I think right back will be a position of focus this summer.

Centre back is quite difficult. To be honest, I fear about O'Dea dramatically regressing and maybe struggling even at that level. Meekings could end up being dependable given the opportunity of a new manager but he's been a sick note for years and regressing since the amazing year he had at Inverness - I can't see how another year out of the game will help. Davies I don't suspect will play for us again. I'd go out and sign three or four new players in this position in either case - it's a problem area.

Central midfield is also a big problem. I think Gowser or even Woods could be OK to retain as a bit of experience and dig but we're very weak there and I think a lot of the major problems we see are from that. For me, we need three in there with a couple of them being athletic.

Up top, I'm quite relaxed with Miller staying as I think he could be good experience to have at that level and then we've also got Curran who is well experienced and a good player I think. Nelson will score goals but will need one other due to his injury record (maybe go the young route as well).

Wingers, I'd actually be very happy with Todd and a couple of the ones we have in that league and I think they'd rip it apart. I still really like Jesse actually and I think he needs to be somewhere where he can actually play that role week in week out, he only moved there in October. Our misfortune could be what gives him a good chance to play football.

I think it'd be a mistake to completely start from scratch tbh. It's very tempting and you don't want to reward failure but you need to gel quickly and I think we've got a few players who would be decent.

I'd definitely keep Jesse, I said on here before that dropping down a league was the best thing for Boyle at the time. I think Jesse has a lot of the same attributes and would benefit from learning the position properly and playing a good amount of games there. Might turn out to be a really useful player for us if we are relegated. 

Assume relegation. Kerr, Ralph,J.  Curran, Nelson, ideally o Sullivan and  Ryan McGowan, Miller. I would be hoping Kerr Waddell,  would come into the reckoning. Possibly Parish as well. Maybe Dales. I think we need a new central midfield  as what we have just isn't good enough and has been the root of our problem for a few years.

If the worst happened, I’d look at keeping Parrish, Ralph, J Curran, Miller, C Curran and Nelson.

Centre backs and midfield need an urgent overhaul. O’ Dea, Kusunga, Meekings, Kerr and Gowser are all decent enough but I think these positions have been too weak for too long and only because these players have been part (not the cause) of the problem areas for a long time, I just feel they need replacing. 

I suspect that Nelson might have a relegation release clause though. I just can’t see him going from fringe player at Sunderland to Scottish championship without having a say in the matter.  

If we could get Seny Dieng to sign from QPR that would be a start, really rate him (doubt he would be interested though once were down).  We will be stuck with the contracted players for obvious financials, however, of the "contracts" I would be happy with Nathan Ralph and an "injury free" Nelson (have doubts there though, probably why we've got him) as for the rest, sooner they're the gone the better.

Major rebuilding though (again), but this time with a "New Manager" who has the Knowledge and Experience to guide us back too the top flight or I fear the worst for the future.  Mammoth task for the Americans but if they screw it up this time were as good as gone.  Yes, sadly I cannot see us beat the drop.

• Like 1

Based on who is under contract then we have...

Hamilton

Meekings, Davis, ???

Todd, Woods, ???, Ralph

J.Curren

Nelson, C.Curren      

Subs...Gourley/Ferrie, Miller, Moore, ???, ???, ???,???

Theres a a sort of nuculous there and to be fair all above should be performing at the top end of the championship quite comfortably. I wouldn’t be fussed if we did a deal to let Meekings and Woods go and I’d try and keep Ryan McGowan, Dales, Robson, Sullivan, Wright and Kerr but realisticly I think we could keep Kerr and there’s an outside chance of Wright, Dales and Robson back on loan. So we would still need another right back, 2/3 centre backs, a left sided player, another striker and 2/3 central midfielders.

Whatever happens and whichever league we will be in the revolving door at Dens is going to be busy.

Adblock Detected