The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

What Would You Change About the Club Right Now?

Rate this topic

If there was one thing you would change about the club which you believe would make a difference, what would it be?

Me, I would change the following: Tannoy's/Speakers in the stadium, those things make my ears bleed every time they announce that the opposition have scored a goal!

This thread will be a good read later 😂

Just now, an-dee said:

This thread will be a good read later 😂

🤔😜

Our league position

Simple replace Nelms with someone with some actual knowledge of the Scottish game

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

Make the Coxy the away end

• Funny 1

Access to matches.

Lower prices for all games to a standard price rathe than category games that leave a half empty home end like Saturday did. Have PATG access for every stand unless a sell out of the away end is likely. Do away with early bird prices etc and just set a standard ST price that doesn't penalise those who don't have cash at their disposal. Announce the prices early but also late enough that people know what they are buying and have that price run until the opening day of the season.

Bring in a flexi-season ticket or 6/12 game tickets for those who work weekends or are away regularly. 

Do away with double queuing and make under 12s ST completely free. 

Bring back some sort of half-time entertainment. Fan shoot outs, local school games etc and also get some of our own youth players out there. Get them used to playing in front of people. 

• Like 3
  • Star Post 1

The failure to address the concerns regarding the access road to and from the proposed new stadium. It's simply inexcusable.😂

• Funny 3
  • Like 1

Bring in a Young and Noisy ST for the SE, start at the back and work forward so the old gits don't get upset if anyone jumps to their feet in the excitement. Cheapest ticket price provided for the age range 12 to 24.

• Like 3

Bring in a Family Day, get the youth teams to demonstrate their training drills, have all the First team players there doing PR stuff, signing autographs, getting their photographs taken with PB, Islay, WW and TDB. Gedee might not manage as he will be on tomato guarding duty, I fear!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

The failure to address the concerns regarding the access road to and from the proposed new stadium. It's simply inexcusable.😂

I once heard about chronic traffic problems when leaving Downfield golf club 

is this possibly related in anyway 🙃

• Funny 2

The scoreboard...never has enough Dundee goals on it.. and surely it wouldn't be that difficult to have the name of the opposition rather than "visitor" 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wackyjim said:

The scoreboard...never has enough Dundee goals on it.. and surely it wouldn't be that difficult to have the name of the opposition rather than "visitor" 

Better just switching it aff and renaming us Dundee Nil.

5 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

If there was one thing 

1 hour ago, barkblue said:

Access to matches.

Lower prices for all games to a standard price rathe than category games that leave a half empty home end like Saturday did. Have PATG access for every stand unless a sell out of the away end is likely. Do away with early bird prices etc and just set a standard ST price that doesn't penalise those who don't have cash at their disposal. Announce the prices early but also late enough that people know what they are buying and have that price run until the opening day of the season.

Bring in a flexi-season ticket or 6/12 game tickets for those who work weekends or are away regularly. 

Do away with double queuing and make under 12s ST completely free. 

Bring back some sort of half-time entertainment. Fan shoot outs, local school games etc and also get some of our own youth players out there. Get them used to playing in front of people. 

🤷‍♂️😉

• Funny 1

5 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

If there was one thing

2 minutes ago, dblair said:

🤷‍♂️😉

Aye OK.

Make the pies bigger. 🥟

• Star Post 1

Just now, barkblue said:

Aye OK.

Make the pies bigger. 🥟

A h was just bored mate. Some very good suggestions there though. One thing that makes its even harder to stomach about the lack of fan interaction/awareness is how easy it is for us on the outside to see what could improve yet nothing changes. Makes you wanna greet

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

A h was just bored mate. Some very good suggestions there though. One thing that makes its even harder to stomach about the lack of fan interaction/awareness is how easy it is for us on the outside to see what could improve yet nothing changes. Makes you wanna greet

No worries mate. I took it as the joke it was intended as. 🙂 👍

And I completely agree with your thoughts.

• Like 1

I think it's probably easier to pick holes in things when you're not in possession of all of the facts. I know from a football perspective that this is often the case. What looks like something simple from the untrained eye or without pieces of the jigsaw can often be something completely different. I posted a story on here re a matchday spat involving GGH & Jocky. The fans all backed GGH but I totally changed my views on the incident once I'd heard Jocky's version. 

What I'm trying to say in a round about way is that maybe JN does know what he doing after all. No really it's just possible that he might. I'm not even on the drink yet.😄

• Funny 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I think it's probably easier to pick holes in things when you're not in possession of all of the facts. I know from a football perspective that this is often the case. What looks like something simple from the untrained eye or without pieces of the jigsaw can often be something completely different. I posted a story on here re a matchday spat involving GGH & Jocky. The fans all backed GGH but I totally changed my views on the incident once I'd heard Jocky's version. 

What I'm trying to say in a round about way is that maybe JN does know what he doing after all. No really it's just possible that he might. I'm not even on the drink yet.😄

Its easy to circle jerk ourselves into slating the running of the club, its happened plenty times in the past and I'm sure it will again. Some delight in it. 

23 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Some delight in it

Moi? One thing I never take delight in is highlighting how badly I think our club is being run, trust me

• Like 1

Bring back the greyhounds. 🤨

• Funny 2

Somewhere to do a sh**e in the Derry without fear of being pepper sprayed in the ladies... Again

• Funny 3

Move to Seattle, then I could be miserable actually being there 😉