The Dark Blues
Gedee

Digging Deep & Grasping Straws To Find Some Reason To Be Positive,

Rate this topic

In just a few weeks time, we will know, whether we are still a Premiership Club next season, or down there in the Championship Division

Will the relief of ending this "season of misery" by hinging on to our Premiership place, be enough to make us feel positive for the future?

I'm thinking of another season like this one & still under JM & same players we have at present (On the basis they did what we hoped for)

The fact we have managed to survive, would be reason enough for most of us to celebrate. But I'm not sure I could face a similar season.

There's been a topic started today/yesterday (think by Wattie) about how many of the present players we would/can keep for next season.

It seems if we went down (as is more than possible) probably all our players would be gone...As well as possibly JM our present manager.

There was another topic started a few weeks ago, trying to highlight the positivity of being relegated (like novelty of winning some games)

But I am thinking of trying to attract a New Manager Very few decent managers would be interested in joining a Club, if all they had to work

with were the squad that was picked by previous manager & who had a large part in putting us down. However, the prospect of signing for

a Club, that desperately need players to make up their squad (& new manager's involvement in this) Would be a different proposition (imo)

DFC (certainly as far as us fans are concerned) are still a Decent Club, that under the proper, professional guidance can aim for the Top Six.

Appointing an ambitious top class manager, who thinks the same, with the freedom to pick his own set of new players to do the job, I think

is well within the realms of possibility whatever division we're in. So whatever outcome I'm working hard to remain positive for the future:chaplin:

45 minutes ago, Gedee said:

In just a few weeks time, we will know, whether we are still a Premiership Club next season, or down there in the Championship Division

Will the relief of ending this "season of misery" by hinging on to our Premiership place, be enough to make us feel positive for the future?

I'm thinking of another season like this one & still under JM & same players we have at present (On the basis they did what we hoped for)

The fact we have managed to survive, would be reason enough for most of us to celebrate. But I'm not sure I could face a similar season.

There's been a topic started today/yesterday (think by Wattie) about how many of the present players we would/can keep for next season.

It seems if we went down (as is more than possible) probably all our players would be gone...As well as possibly JM our present manager.

There was another topic started a few weeks ago, trying to highlight the positivity of being relegated (like novelty of winning some games)

But I am thinking of trying to attract a New Manager Very few decent managers would be interested in joining a Club, if all they had to work

with were the squad that was picked by previous manager & who had a large part in putting us down. However, the prospect of signing for

a Club, that desperately need players to make up their squad (& new manager's involvement in this) Would be a different proposition (imo)

DFC (certainly as far as us fans are concerned) are still a Decent Club, that under the proper, professional guidance can aim for the Top Six.

Appointing an ambitious top class manager, who thinks the same, with the freedom to pick his own set of new players to do the job, I think

is well within the realms of possibility whatever division we're in. So whatever outcome I'm working hard to remain positive for the future:chaplin:

I'm pretty desperate for the season to be over Gedee. I don't think I'll be able to unearth any optimism until it is. If we stay up that will be reason enough to allow us all to hit reset and see where we go from there. Odds on McIntyre would stay in post though and that's unthinkable for many. 

Another player clearcut is required and, personally, I think we need to find someone with a wider knowledge of the game and contact list than Hartley, McCann or McIntyre could provide. 

My main worry, however, is that if we stay up we're probably headed for yet another season of the same rubbish, but if we go down, it might be even worse. I certainly wouldn't see us as favourites to come straight back up. 

3 hours ago, barkblue said:

I'm pretty desperate for the season to be over Gedee. I don't think I'll be able to unearth any optimism until it is. If we stay up that will be reason enough to allow us all to hit reset and see where we go from there. Odds on McIntyre would stay in post though and that's unthinkable for many. 

Another player clearcut is required and, personally, I think we need to find someone with a wider knowledge of the game and contact list than Hartley, McCann or McIntyre could provide. 

My main worry, however, is that if we stay up we're probably headed for yet another season of the same rubbish, but if we go down, it might be even worse. I certainly wouldn't see us as favourites to come straight back up. 

Hi barkblue ... The sentiment of your opening comment is not so far away from  my own. However, if this drawn-out season goes on in the same vein, meaning relegation beckons us ... And then we are in for another season of much the same, under the same manager, with a few of the same players that put us down, & added to this, JM given the job again of finding replacements ... I am starting to worry, if I'll ever be happy again. Or for that matter, ever see promotion soon again.

I think the point I am trying to make is, I suppose there is a wee feeling of positivity if under JM & his players we manage to scrape by & hold on to our place in the Premiership ... (That's the positive bit) But it could also mean another season like this. If we go doon, I am assuming/hoping there is a change of manager of premiership quality & someone special appointed, who has no alternative, but to build his own squad of players, that will give us something to cheer about, as well as a slim possibility of promotion.

I am hoping the attraction of going to a Club like DFC, plus the added benefit of starting from scratch in building a New Team (his team) will attract the better candidates ... And raise my level of positivity for the season ahead. As said above Digging Deep/ Grasping Straws:chaplin:

(If this process ever happens, it might be much better...If Mr Nelms is on Holiday at the time):excited:

6 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Hi barkblue ... The sentiment of your opening comment is not so far away from  my own. However, if this drawn-out season goes on in the same vein, meaning relegation beckons us ... And then we are in for another season of much the same, under the same manager, with a few of the same players that put us down, & added to this, JM given the job again of finding replacements ... I am starting to worry, if I'll ever be happy again. Or for that matter, ever see promotion soon again.

I think the point I am trying to make is, I suppose there is a wee feeling of positivity if under JM & his players we manage to scrape by & hold on to our place in the Premiership ... (That's the positive bit) But it could also mean another season like this. If we go doon, I am assuming/hoping there is a change of manager of premiership quality & someone special appointed, who has no alternative, but to build his own squad of players, that will give us something to cheer about, as well as a slim possibility of promotion.

I am hoping the attraction of going to a Club like DFC, plus the added benefit of starting from scratch in building a New Team (his team) will attract the better candidates ... And raise my level of positivity for the season ahead. As said above Digging Deep/ Grasping Straws:chaplin:

(If this process ever happens, it might be much better...If Mr Nelms is on Holiday at the time):excited:

I have no doubt that if we did actually advertise the manager's position rather than Nelms and his list, we'd have a lengthy list of applicants, with some impressive names in there. In the wee world of Scottish football and with a board who seem to back their managers, we'll still be looked upon as a good club with real potential.

The feeling I'm getting form the club however is that Nelms sees McIntyre as being his man. I don't want the club to continually ditch managers at the first sign of trouble, but I reckon whether we go down, or not, we need to make a clean break form this season to win round some of the support - and even that might not be enough for some.

• Star Post 1

Good chance of a clean sheet this weekend 🤪

(despite no game, with our team it's only a good chance, not a certainty) 

• Funny 2

Josh Todd looks a real player for the Championship. 

Just need another 8 (eight), along with Ralph and Nelson.