The Dark Blues
Gedee

What Would Actually Happen If Our American Friends Said, They Had Enough & Walked Away?

Rate this topic

Was reading Shaded's Post on Dundee Mad, on what he describes (affectionately) as the "Old Lady" ... DENS PARK.

He asked the question (as broken doon as it is) should we consider as fans, try to raise money to buy it (apologies

Shaded if I have got it wrong...& for "in part" stealing your topic) But it was his reminder that buying Dens was part,

of the original deal, that got "lost" somewhere when contract was finally signed & we happily welcomed US freends.

He also suggested (my words now) the Campie Project has stalled enough to make us wonder, if it will ever happen.

So going back to my own topic above (which I think has links to shaded post) If Campie Project does fall through &

DFC seems to be in freefall and  going nowhere. Then the US Owners say we are off !! Where do we go from there?

It's a genuine question, which I know has been discussed before, but I have yet to understand where that leaves us.

As well as a debate & discussion on this, for my own benefit I would appreciate if others could enlighten me on this.

I seem to remember that the was a project involving members of the Dark Blues Business Trust and other interested parties to raise funds to buy back Dens Park from Sandeman Properties. 

Then FPS acquired a majority shareholding as a result of stating that they would buy back Dens Park for the Dundee supporters.

Within two years FPS were no longer buying back Dens Park as they were building a new ‘super dooper’ stadium on the site on part of the former NCR Camperdown grounds which had been up for sale for three years. 

My main concern is that Tim Keyes sells his shareholding in Dundee Football Club Limited to a person(s) who have no interest in football and try to squeeze as much out of the club to repay their financial outlay as soon as possible. 

On this occasion a new owner would not be able to asset strip as there are no assets held by the club. 

FPS have been anything other than fan friendly since they came in.

Them owning the club and the fans owning the ground could only end one way in my opinion - and anyone put in charge of the stadium by the fan group who purchased it would only have to let the paper towels in the Coxy run out on match day (I'm pulling your leg @Billy Campbell's Ghost 👍 )for them to be accused of only wanting a tie or blazer. 

• Funny 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, barkblue said:

Them owning the club and the fans owning the ground could only end one way in my opinion - and anyone put in charge of the stadium by the fan group who purchased it would only have to let the paper towels in the Coxy run out on match day (I'm pulling your leg @Billy Campbell's Ghost 👍 )for them to be accused of only wanting a tie or blazer. 

The fans, or the customers, have been treated with a lack of respect since FPS gained control. The small things have been overlooked and this has led to the sorry situation that we find ourselves in now. The feeling that I'd back my beloved DFC no matter what has been diluted to the stage where I'll just follow results and get up when I can, there'll be no more hard earned thrown at it and no more postponing of proper family time in favour of supporter duties. FPS have really knocked the stuffing out of it. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, barkblue said:

I do not own a Dundee tie or blazer so there is no chance of me being invited to join the board of directors at Dens Park. 

1 minute ago, islaydarkblue said:

I do not own a Dundee tie or blazer so there is no chance of me being invited to join the board of directors at Dens Park. 

I think you get the tie and blazer after the invitation Islay. I don't think the BOD are sifting through a list of those who've purchased a tie and blazer to find suitable boardroom candidates.😂

• Funny 3

24 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

I didn't realise you were already in ownership of Dens Islay! 

For clarity, that comment is a joke. 🙂 I was describing a fictitious turn of events in my initial post. 

35 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Is that the only reason!?

🙃

• Funny 1

9 minutes ago, barkblue said:

I didn't realise you were already in ownership of Dens Islay! 

For clarity, that comment is a joke. 🙂 I was describing a fictitious turn of events in my initial post. 

Hi Barkblue,

My comment was aimed at if it again became fans owned. 

55 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

I seem to remember that the was a project involving members of the Dark Blues Business Trust and other interested parties to raise funds to buy back Dens Park from Sandeman Properties. 

Then FPS acquired a majority shareholding as a result of stating that they would buy back Dens Park for the Dundee supporters.

That was one of the reasons the fans voted FPS in not the only one though .

7 minutes ago, offshoredee said:

Is that the only reason!?

🙃

You're a brave man.😮

• Funny 1

1 minute ago, thegen65 said:

That was one of the reasons the fans voted FPS in not the only one though .

I still have the statement from Football Partners Scotland in relation to  their £650,000 investment for shares in DFC. 

One proposal was very interesting which they are now trying to renage on. 

At least one representative of the fans on the new board in the shape of the DFCSS and another from the wider business community to perform a specific role on the Board and this director will nominated by the DFCSS. 

4 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

Within two years FPS were no longer buying back Dens Park as they were building a new ‘super dooper’ stadium on the site on part of the former NCR Camperdown grounds which had been up for sale for three years. 

My main concern is that Tim Keyes sells his shareholding in Dundee Football Club Limited to a person(s) who have no interest in football and try to squeeze as much out of the club to repay their financial outlay as soon as possible. 

On this occasion a new owner would not be able to asset strip as there are no assets held by the club. 

Thanks for your response Islay (appreciative of all responses) .... As I am very naive in this area.

My basic question is "In simple terms were they to walk away, would be left high & dry with NO Club?"

Why would be anyone be interested in buying it, to asset strip, if you say (& I agree) it has no assets?

Why did Football Partners Scotland buy into Dundee Football Club in August 2013 if the club had no assets.

7 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Why did Football Partners Scotland buy into Dundee Football Club in August 2013 if the club had no assets.

For the banter.😄

4 hours ago, barkblue said:

From the Opening Topic barkblue ... "Then the US Owners say we are off !! Where do we go from there?"

That really is the crux of my topic ... Never mind who owns or disnae own Dens. If the Campie thing never

happens & it all falls apart for them. There are no outside interested parties willing to part with their cash,

is that then the end of DFC? Or is there some way we, the fans, can keep Our Club going? It may be me the

case I'm letting my imagination run away here. But if their plans collapse & there's no buyers, What then?

1 minute ago, Gedee said:

From the Opening Topic barkblue ... "Then the US Owners say we are off !! Where do we go from there?"

That really is the crux of my topic ... Never mind who owns or disnae own Dens. If the Campie thing never

happens & it all falls apart for them. There are no outside interested parties willing to part with their cash,

is that then the end of DFC? Or is there some way we, the fans, can keep Our Club going? It may be me the

case I'm letting my imagination run away here. But if their plans collapse & there's no buyers, What then?

Hi Gedee,

FPS have a shareholding of just over 136 Million Dundee Football Club Limited shares which they would either try to sell or cut their losses and walk away. 

I have previously posted that I am sure that there will be some reasonably well off Dundee supporters who will come to the rescue.

The club would have to ‘cut their cloth’ accordingly but nothing is impossible. They would have to listen to the complaints from the Dundee supporters about the lack of PATG at the Bobby Cox Stand and the South Enclosure. I also believe that there should be PATG in the Bob Shankly Stand for Away supporters apart from all ticket matches. 

They would also have to be a bit more imaginative and introduce five game and ten game packages for supporters who cannot attend all the home games and stop this nonsense of Category A and B games. Just charge the same price for all home games with a cheaper price if we are playing in the Championship compared to the Premier League.

• Star Post 1

31 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

FPS have a shareholding of just over 136 Million Dundee Football Club Limited shares which they would either try to sell or cut their losses and walk away. 

I have previously posted that I am sure that there will be some reasonably well off Dundee supporters who will come to the rescue.

Thank you Islay for above information.

Administration is the 'best' we could hope for. 

Edited by Dondeh

8 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Administration is the 'best' we could hope for. 

Dondeh ... I am not disagreeing with your comment.

But because I am really ignorant of this stuff, could it not be the case, because we have no outstanding debts/overdrafts, there would be no Administration?

1 minute ago, Gedee said:

But because I am really ignorant of this stuff, could it not be the case, because we have no outstanding debts/overdrafts, there would be no Administration?

Do you mean, as in "do not pass Go, go directly to Liquidation"??? :o   

Entirely possible, G. 

Being serious for a minute....with no assets & tumbling ST sales, if there was no buyer for FPS's shareholding, then we'd likely be just a ba' hair away from an administrator deciding we're no longer a 'viable concern'. 

There.....have a nice match-free weekend :) 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Apart from the ~ £500,000 debt DFC have now racked up.

Depends what the 'fire sale' is able to recoup to offset the above.

Edited by Dondeh