Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

What Would Actually Happen If Our American Friends Said, They Had Enough & Walked Away?

Gedee

4 minutes ago, dblair said:

PS. Any update on the free buses? 🤷‍♂️

Seems like ages ago I mentioned I would donate £20...(& aye, I know it's no' a fortune) to anyone, who could/would organise a free bus to the St J. game.

I understand these things are no' aye easy to do, & reading the posts on the forum, it's starting to look, there maybe is not going to be many DFC travelling fans.

As it appears now it might be too late I'll donate the £20 towards, the Dark Blue Forum. Your doing a sturdy (& I'm sure at times what feels thankless job John)

Meanwhile DFC ... Guid Luck for Saturday ... "Mon the Dee":chaplin:

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi PB,

Thank you for your reply.

I thought this topic was about what would happen if the Americans had enough and walked away so whether FPS are interested in Dens Park or not does not come into the equation. 

When the Dundee Football Club Limited owned Dens Park they did not charge the football team a rental and if the supporters and other supporters groups purchased Dens Park there would be no rental payable. 

A year ago John Nelms stated that if the new stadium was not ready for the start of the 20-21 season FPS would buy back Dens Park to use that season. Why would they do that unless there is break in the lease at that time. 

What would they do with Dens Park when the new stadium was ready for use the following season (21-22). 

Hi Islay. topics evolve, would be very boring if we could only comment on what's in a topic header.

When FPS were asking us to vote them into power they promised, amongst other things, to get Dens back into DFC ownership. They lied then, why would they not lie now with regard to the 20 / 21 season? We'll just accept it the way we've accepted the initial broken promises.

Are you sure The Dundee Football Club Limited needed to charge rent? Maybe they just kept gate receipts and fed excess cash into the football team? Any owner taking Den snow would be well within their rights to charge rent.

Anyone buying Dens Park now would have some valuable real estate on their hands in the unlikely event that the new stadium ever happens and would sell the land for development.

13 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Hi Islay. topics evolve, would be very boring if we could only comment on what's in a topic header.

When FPS were asking us to vote them into power they promised, amongst other things, to get Dens back into DFC ownership. They lied then, why would they not lie now with regard to the 20 / 21 season? We'll just accept it the way we've accepted the initial broken promises.

Are you sure The Dundee Football Club Limited needed to charge rent? Maybe they just kept gate receipts and fed excess cash into the football team? Any owner taking Den snow would be well within their rights to charge rent.

Anyone buying Dens Park now would have some valuable real estate on their hands in the unlikely event that the new stadium ever happens and would sell the land for development.

Hi PB,

Thank you for your post.

Obviously Dundee Football Club Limited would not charge the football team rent as that would be a case of ‘robbing Peter to pay Paul. If the Dundee Supporters Trust or whatever the group who raised the money to buy back Dens Park called themselves I am fairly certain that they would not charge Dundee FC a rental. 

On the other hand it is likely that Dundee FC will have to pay a rental fee to Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited to use the new stadium at the former NCR Camperdown grounds. 

What would the former Dens Park be sold for. A supermarket. Unlikely as the Norco supermarket at the corner of Mains Road and Isla Street was a failure. The site would probably be sold for social housing and run by a housing association such as Hillcrest Housing Association or another housing association. 

There will not be much value in the site. If there was Sandeman Properties would be keeping it for themselves. 

3 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi PB,

Thank you for your post.

Obviously Dundee Football Club Limited would not charge the football team rent as that would be a case of ‘robbing Peter to pay Paul. If the Dundee Supporters Trust or whatever the group who raised the money to buy back Dens Park called themselves I am fairly certain that they would not charge Dundee FC a rental. 

On the other hand it is likely that Dundee FC will have to pay a rental fee to Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited to use the new stadium at the former NCR Camperdown grounds. 

What would the former Dens Park be sold for. A supermarket. Unlikely as the Norco supermarket at the corner of Mains Road and Isla Street was a failure. The site would probably be sold for social housing and run by a housing association such as Hillcrest Housing Association or another housing association. 

There will not be much value in the site. If there was Sandeman Properties would be keeping it for themselves. 

Whoever owned the stadium, and of course the land it stands on, would need to pay rates, insurance etc. so would need to charge rent to cover these costs surely?

I think you might be surprised at the value of the land. Obviously based on your assumptions it might not be hugely valuable but you forgot how central it is to the best city to live in in Scotland and that Dundee is a city on the up.

2 hours ago, dblair said:

Hi Islay, Hiya pal! 👋🏻

Thats a pretty significant statement there, are the figures broken down in the company accounts as to the income generated from these sources. Would be nice to know how much is actually generated outside of match day use. 

While it’s an admirable idea, there is so much competition within the food and drink industry now that unless it is something very special or niche then I don’t see many people making their way to Dens for some lunch. Also financially it’s a non starter unless you have guaranteed trade as advertising for bar lunches is one thing but running a fully capable “restaurant” is another   

PS. Any update on the free buses? 🤷‍♂️

Sorry,

Nothing so far. 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Whoever owned the stadium, and of course the land it stands on, would need to pay rates, insurance etc. so would need to charge rent to cover these costs surely?

I think you might be surprised at the value of the land. Obviously based on your assumptions it might not be hugely valuable but you forgot how central it is to the best city to live in in Scotland and that Dundee is a city on the up.

If the land is more valuable than some people like me think then there is no way that Sandeman Properties are going to sell Dens Park for a ‘knock down’ price to FPS. 

Regarding the annual costs for the new stadium the question is are Tim Keyes and John Nelms more interested in making money for their company Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited than trying to ensure that Dundee Football Club finishes as high up the Premier League as possible at the end of each season.

30 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Amen

4 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

If the land is more valuable than some people like me think then there is no way that Sandeman Properties are going to sell Dens Park for a ‘knock down’ price to FPS. 

Regarding the annual costs for the new stadium the question is are Tim Keyes and John Nelms more interested in making money for their company Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited than trying to ensure that Dundee Football Club finishes as high up the Premier League as possible at the end of each season.

Islay, where has it ever been stated that FPS would get Dens Park at a 'knockdown price' from Sandeman Properties? Those are your words and nobody else's.

Of course Nelms and Keyes are more interested in making money than they are in Dundee FC. They're investors not football men. They've made a right rip roaring Jim Delahunt of this particular investment so far but they're investors first and foremost none the less.

Adblock Detected