The Dark Blues
WoodStein

The Kind of Luck We Need?

Rate this topic

Even when it comes to penalties, we've not had much good luck this season...Moussa's in Paisly and Miller's against Killie (was there a 3rd costly miss?) would have probably made at least 3 points difference to our season, perhaps enough to have us in 11th place & still looking at catching Hamilton. :slaphead:  

It could all have maybe been so different if we'd had this kind of luck.......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/47865731 

:spock:  

Lucky the referee allowed it because in a penalty shoot out if the ball doesn't go straight into the goal, keeper getting something on it or post / bar and in aside, it's over. As soon as the ball hits the bar and goes up into the air it's no goal.

EDIT - maybe I'm wrong, always thought once it hits the bar / post and goes away from the goal that was it over - maybe not.

Each kicker can kick the ball only once per attempt. If the ball is blocked by the goalkeeper the kicker cannot score from the rebound (unlike a normal penalty kick). Similarly, if the ball bounces off the goal posts or crossbar, the kicker cannot score from the rebound. But the ball may touch the goalkeeper, posts and/or crossbar any number of times before it goes in and counts as a goal.

Edited by Prince Buster

35 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Lucky the referee allowed it because in a penalty shoot out if the ball doesn't go straight into the goal, keeper getting something on it or post / bar and in aside, it's over. As soon as the ball hits the bar and goes up into the air it's no goal.

EDIT - maybe I'm wrong, always thought once it hits the bar / post and goes away from the goal that was it over - maybe not.

Each kicker can kick the ball only once per attempt. If the ball is blocked by the goalkeeper the kicker cannot score from the rebound (unlike a normal penalty kick). Similarly, if the ball bounces off the goal posts or crossbar, the kicker cannot score from the rebound. But the ball may touch the goalkeeper, posts and/or crossbar any number of times before it goes in and counts as a goal.

If it hits the post or bar and goes in its a goal. The ball must be allowed to come to a standstill and until then its in play unless it crosses a white line.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

If it hits the post or bar and goes in its a goal. The ball must be allowed to come to a standstill and until then its in play unless it crosses a white line.

Hmmmm.... If it hits the bar, comes directly back toward the kicker a full 7 yards, kicker doesn't touch it and it spins or is blown back into the goal? It's crossed a white line (six yard box). I was sure there's something more specific, or at least there might have been previously, about forward motion being stopped? Once the ball moves away from the goal the kick is done? So in the video it had to have come back off the bar before spinning back into the goal.

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

Hmmmm.... If it hits the bar, comes directly back toward the kicker a full 7 yards, kicker doesn't touch it and it spins or is blown back into the goal? It's crossed a white line (six yard box). I was sure there's something more specific, or at least there might have been previously, about forward motion being stopped? Once the ball moves away from the goal the kick is done? So in the video it had to have come back off the bar before spinning back into the goal.

3 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

At the moment, this is a valid goal (as your last bit indicates), as the ball remained in play & the taker didn't touch it a second time.

I've seen one of these before, either the keeper blocked it or it hit the bar, the keeper ran off celebrating, the ball bounced a good few yards out from the goal, but with serious back-spin, couple of bounces & it was in the net.

I think there is some change to penalties next season, but I forget it what the change(s) will be. 

9 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

I believe it's not over until the ball is "dead" - there was an incident in a world cup penalty shoot out where the ball hit the post and hit the keeper on the way out and went in, the goal was given as the ball was not deemed to have been dead.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HK Blues said:

I believe it's not over until the ball is "dead" - there was an incident in a world cup penalty shoot out where the ball hit the post and hit the keeper on the way out and went in, the goal was given as the ball was not deemed to have been dead.

This is it. If it had hit one post, then the other and gone in we wouldn't be questioning the validity of it. The balls hits the cross bar and goes in without anyone else touching it, so it's a 'goal'. Doesn't matter if it bounces 30 yards in the air or goes in directly after hitting the bar, the ball was never dead.

1 minute ago, barkblue said:

This is it. If it had hit one post, then the other and gone in we wouldn't be questioning the validity of it. The balls hits the cross bar and goes in without anyone else touching it, so it's a 'goal'. Doesn't matter if it bounces 30 yards in the air or goes in directly after hitting the bar, the ball was never dead.

I wonder what would happen if the ball was saved/hit the woodwork,  rebounded out and struck the ref and went in?  

I anticipate this will happen to DFC at some point! 

• Funny 1

1 minute ago, HK Blues said:

I wonder what would happen if the ball was saved/hit the woodwork,  rebounded out and struck the ref and went in?  

I suppose, technically, that's a goal too. 

Guess we'll find out at the end of the play off.... 🤪

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, HK Blues said:

Still a goal, HK.....the ref is considered 'dead wood' by the laws. ;) 

• Funny 1

8 hours ago, HK Blues said:

Our authorities would apply the usual level of common sense and suspend the player for kicking the ball at the referee of course.

• Funny 2