The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

Taking the opportunity this weekend courtesy of TV to watch Ayr, United and ICT, On the assumption that we could play one of them in a playoff.

I think it’s honest to say that all three could beat us, especially over two legs.

There is not a lot of quality but Ayr and ICT are well organised and show a decent standard of teamwork, Ayr in particular have some good passing players.

United may have the edge on the above two as regards fitness and will to win on the day.

8 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

Taking the opportunity this weekend courtesy of TV to watch Ayr, United and ICT, On the assumption that we could play one of them in a playoff.

I think it’s honest to say that all three could beat us, especially over two legs.

There is not a lot of quality but Ayr and ICT are well organised and show a decent standard of teamwork, Ayr in particular have some good passing players.

United may have the edge on the above two as regards fitness and will to win on the day.

It's 11 v 11 so I think it's fairly obvious that these teams could beat us especially considering that there's very little between the bottom teams in the top league and the top teams in the Championship. When you factor in the cup defeats we've suffered to lower league opposition in recent seasons you've got even more reason to believe they could beat us. We could beat them too though.

I could win the lottery or fly to the moon.

I wouldn't fear any of the 3 of them...inverness have been nothing this afternoon....united were sh*t for an hour last night and were 2nd best to a awful looking ayr team in that period...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, charliedee said:

I wouldn't fear any of the 3 of them...inverness have been nothing this afternoon....united were sh*t for an hour last night and were 2nd best to a awful looking ayr team in that period...

Hate to be all doom and gloom Charlie but what about us?

Don't you think these teams will be licking their lips to possibly face us for a place in the premiership? If you base it on your opinion about Inverness doing nothing and united being pish for an hour etc, the same could be said for ourselves.

We've not been pish for an hour but the entire season and have been humped by championship clubs whenever we have faced them. That is a huge concern but I appreciate that these games are like cup finals and the result may be different this time around.

Let's be honest, I don't know if we will be even lucky enough to finish in the play off?

21 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Hate to be all doom and gloom Charlie but what about us?

Don't you think these teams will be licking their lips to possibly face us for a place in the premiership? If you base it on your opinion about Inverness doing nothing and united being pish for an hour etc, the same could be said for ourselves.

We've not been pish for an hour but the entire season and have been humped by championship clubs whenever we have faced them. That is a huge concern but I appreciate that these games are like cup finals and the result may be different this time around.

Let's be honest, I don't know if we will be even lucky enough to finish in the play off?

agree we're not up to much either...and any of those 3 teams would fancy a crack at us...but I honestly do think that we are better than the 3 of them.....unfortunately I don't think we'll overtake st mirren and will go as far as saying if we lose both games v st johnstone and motherwell ..we'll be done...as I can see st mirren beating livi then beating Hamilton the week after leaving us 7 points from the play off with 9 to play for....its f**cking tragic how badly we have fell this season....oh it wouldn't surprise me if Hamilton turned over motherwell next weekend.

1 hour ago, Spiritof62 said:

Hearing a lot of Dee's saying they'd fancy us in a play off against any of these teams but would they say the same if it was Hamilton or St Mirren playing these sides? I'm not so sure.

I know it is doom & gloom but it's hard to see where a win is coming from and I'm not sure if we'd suddenly turn it on in a play-off. 

Sorry. 

think Hamilton would fancy their chances tbh...they seem to know how to dig themselves out of holes every season.

Looking at it from a glass half full perspective, we are playing far better teams week in week out...I genuinely think whatever team finishes 11th will have the edge to win a play off...

Hard bit is getting 11th..

Like Spirit in his Opening Topic I also watched the two games, with the same thoughts going through my mind.

If it comes to a play-off situation (And there's no guarantee we will even reach that) I certainly would be fearful.

Neither Ayr United/Dundee United/Inverness Calley, are gonna be an easy pushover. Hope DFC are up for it:chaplin:

Hopefully championship team will be dead on their feet from coming through playoffs

3 hours ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Sadly, even 'luck' won't help us.

12th.

• Like 1

Don't think we will get to a playoff. Not enough fight in this team.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Gedee said:

Like Spirit in his Opening Topic I also watched the two games, with the same thoughts going through my mind.

If it comes to a play-off situation (And there's no guarantee we will even reach that) I certainly would be fearful.

Neither Ayr United/Dundee United/Inverness Calley, are gonna be an easy pushover. Hope DFC are up for it:chaplin:

Unfortunately we seem to be the one team that never “ up for it”.