Jump to content
The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Never seen anyone ever discuss why Dundee don't have a women's team. I believe we are the biggest club by far that's just not bothered our a**e to get something set-up and therefore we have massively missed the boat in a sport that is seeing massive growth.

 

Obviously bigger issues to worry about but the question does need to be asked of those in charge what they are up to because this is an obvious missing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ive never discussed it because wimmens futba is poor...😀

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you mean DFC or the city? The Dabs have a women team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, charliedee said:

ive never discussed it because wimmens futba is poor...😀

 

That why we haven't been discussing Dundee FC this season?

Women's football is poor in comparison when compared to men's football because there is a lot more money poured into men's football.  Also, women's football is in its infancy and will only get better once it starts to catch on and a lot more money if poured into it.

Also, what I like about women's football compared to men's is the fact it is more honest and sportsman like. You hardly see needless fouls or players rolling about the floor or diving for penalties. Megan Rapinoe would walk right into our squad right now, even at her age.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The USA national women’s team recently lost 5-2 to a Dallas under 15 boys team....

Good luck to any girls taking up the game.

But as a sport it’s miles and miles behind the men’s game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

That why we haven't been discussing Dundee FC this season?

Women's football is poor in comparison when compared to men's football because there is a lot more money poured into men's football.  Also, women's football is in its infancy and will only get better once it starts to catch on and a lot more money if poured into it.

Also, what I like about women's football compared to men's is the fact it is more honest and sportsman like. You hardly see needless fouls or players rolling about the floor or diving for penalties. Megan Rapinoe would walk right into our squad right now, even at her age.

It's only a matter of time until professional teams have to have a certain number of female players, probably 75%.

We need to set up a women's team and use it like our reserve team and gradually bring them through in preparation for this.

There's nothing to lose and we won't notice any drop in the standard of play and we may attract more female fans to our games too.

It's win / win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Sensible said:

The USA national women’s team recently lost 5-2 to a Dallas under 15 boys team.... 

Good luck to any girls taking up the game.

But as a sport it’s miles and miles behind the men’s game.

 

It was a friendly and nothing more than a bit of fun, and it wasn't even the actual USA national team with many of their better players not even in the side.

You could say that Dundee getting beat from a lot of kids was terrible as well?

Nobody said the woman's game was near as the men's, but then again the men's game has a lot more money poured into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

It was a friendly and nothing more than a bit of fun, and it wasn't even the actual USA national team with many of their better players not even in the side.

You could say that Dundee getting beat from a lot of kids was terrible as well?

Nobody said the woman's game was near as the men's, but then again the men's game has a lot more money poured into it.

There is no way a woman footballer would get into any SPL team..

Yes it was a friendly but the gulf is huge..

Unfortunately that’s why crowds are so poor. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

There is no way a woman footballer would get into any SPL team..

Yes it was a friendly but the gulf is huge..

Unfortunately that’s why crowds are so poor. 

 

People like yourself seem to think because it is on a football pitch with a ball that it is in fact the same sport, it's not. It's women's football and that's the difference.

There will always be a difference because of the male and female physical attributes (even in males at the age of 15). Is woman's football on the same level, you would have to be deluded to think that was the case, but the big difference I watch it for what it is... woman's football.

No the reason why the crowds are so poor is the same reason the crowds are so poor for conference and amateur football, funding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheDarkBlues said:

People like yourself seem to think because it is on a football pitch with a ball that it is in fact the same sport, it's not. It's women's football and that's the difference.

There will always be a difference because of the male and female physical attributes (even in males at the age of 15). Is woman's football on the same level, you would have to be deluded to think that was the case, but the big difference I watch it for what it is... woman's football.

No the reason why the crowds are so poor is the same reason the crowds are so poor for conference and amateur football, funding.

 

You said in an earlier post that some woman footballer would walk into Dundee’s squad, when she clearly wouldn’t.

If it was any good, it would be well attended, unfortunately it’s not.

For conference football, did you mean lower league in England?

Edited by Mr Sensible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

our club can't run a decent first team. Why would anyone think they could add a ladies team? They should have a ladies team, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

 

You said in an earlier post that some woman footballer would walk into Dundee’s squad, when she clearly wouldn’t.

If it was any good, it would be well attended, unfortunately it’s not.

For conference football, did you mean lower league in England?

Ability wise she would walk into this team, but physicality and strength wise that would be a different story as it would be with most sports with require a physical nature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheDarkBlues said:

Ability wise she would walk into this team, but physicality and strength wise that would be a different story as it would be with most sports with require a physical nature.

You have these freestylers that can balance the ball on there nose, incredible skill but it doesn’t mean they can play football...

Anyway Masters for me now....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

You have these freestylers that can balance the ball on there nose, incredible skill but it doesn’t mean they can play football...

Anyway Masters for me now....

So, is it's a woman she can't play football..... I see where you coming from now.

End of conversation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointed with the level of discussion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

So, is it's a woman she can't play football..... I see where you coming from now.

End of conversation.

Where did I say that?

its just a poor poor standard.

If it was any good people would go and watch it...

Very few do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

That why we haven't been discussing Dundee FC this season?

Women's football is poor in comparison when compared to men's football because there is a lot more money poured into men's football.  Also, women's football is in its infancy and will only get better once it starts to catch on and a lot more money if poured into it.

Also, what I like about women's football compared to men's is the fact it is more honest and sportsman like. You hardly see needless fouls or players rolling about the floor or diving for penalties. Megan Rapinoe would walk right into our squad right now, even at her age.

Bollox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s once again down to cost, I believe the Utd women’s team is privately funded by the daughter of Eddie Thompson.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mr Sensible said:

The USA national women’s team recently lost 5-2 to a Dallas under 15 boys team....

Good luck to any girls taking up the game.

But as a sport it’s miles and miles behind the men’s game.

 

To be fair, this was not a proper match - merely a kick-around to help the USA team prepare for an important upcoming match. 

Regardless, your point still stands.  But, they have about 100 years to catch up on us.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Bollox

Not being funny mate, but have you watched much women's football? In what I've seen there is very little of the play acting and time wasting that we now pay a fortune to watch.

One of many factors that are slowly but surely making fall out of love with the game these days is paying north of £300 to watch grown men cheat. Diving, play acting, stealing 20 yards at a throw in etc etc. I mean Aberdeen came to Dens a week back and, as one of the eminent sides in Scottish football, spent 30 minted wasting time and pretending to be hurt after they scored. Entertainment my a**e. 

I'm not a hugely invested in the women's game, but I found what I've seen to be much more 'honest' that what we encounter week in week out these days.

20 hours ago, Mr Sensible said:

The USA national women’s team recently lost 5-2 to a Dallas under 15 boys team....

Good luck to any girls taking up the game.

But as a sport it’s miles and miles behind the men’s game.

 

I'm not sure that's really the point though. You could say that we'd be beaten 5-2 by Manchester City's youth team, but what does that have to do with anything?

Women's teams usually play against women's teams and in the same way that supporters of Brechin find entertainment watching their team, supporters of women's teams do likewise.

In all honesty I wouldn't go to watch a women's DFC team but then I only really watch our games these days so I'm not that fussed about watching the wider game in general anymore. However I hope the Scottish women's team do well at the world cup.

  • Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, barkblue said:

Not being funny mate, but have you watched much women's football? In what I've seen there is very little of the play acting and time wasting that we now pay a fortune to watch.

One of many factors that are slowly but surely making fall out of love with the game these days is paying north of £300 to watch grown men cheat. Diving, play acting, stealing 20 yards at a throw in etc etc. I mean Aberdeen came to Dens a week back and, as one of the eminent sides in Scottish football, spent 30 minted wasting time and pretending to be hurt after they scored. Entertainment my a**e. 

I'm not a hugely invested in the women's game, but I found what I've seen to be much more 'honest' that what we encounter week in week out these days.

I'm not sure that's really the point though. You could say that we'd be beaten 5-2 by Manchester City's youth team, but what does that have to do with anything?

Women's teams usually play against women's teams and in the same way that supporters of Brechin find entertainment watching their team, supporters of women's teams do likewise.

In all honesty I wouldn't go to watch a women's DFC team but then I only really watch our games these days so I'm not that fussed about watching the wider game in general anymore. However I hope the Scottish women's team do well at the world cup.

The point I made about the Dallas kids team beating the USA women’s national team is that another poster said a women’s player would walk into the DFC squad...

If women were allowed to play men’s football I’d say that the best women’s Scotland players couldn’t get into a good junior men’s team let alone a SPL team..

Nothing against women’s football, it’s just my opinion that’s it’s a pretty dreadful watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

The point I made about the Dallas kids team beating the USA women’s national team is that another poster said a women’s player would walk into the DFC squad...

If women were allowed to play men’s football I’d say that the best women’s Scotland players couldn’t get into a good junior men’s team let alone a SPL team..

Nothing against women’s football, it’s just my opinion that’s it’s a pretty dreadful watch.

Fair enough mate. I don't really see the point comparing the two. 

I get equal enjoyment from watching say, Brechin against Arbroath as I do Manchester City against Manchester United. It's not all about the "quality" for me.

Each to their own. I do agree that women playing in the men's game wouldn't work though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, barkblue said:

Not being funny mate, but have you watched much women's football? In what I've seen there is very little of the play acting and time wasting that we now pay a fortune to watch.

One of many factors that are slowly but surely making fall out of love with the game these days is paying north of £300 to watch grown men cheat. Diving, play acting, stealing 20 yards at a throw in etc etc. I mean Aberdeen came to Dens a week back and, as one of the eminent sides in Scottish football, spent 30 minted wasting time and pretending to be hurt after they scored. Entertainment my a**e. 

I'm not a hugely invested in the women's game, but I found what I've seen to be much more 'honest' that what we encounter week in week out these days.

 

I think this professional cheating is the bit that is driving fans away. Better cheats get better decisions from referees, IMO. It's not a fair game anymore. Playing for fouls to create set piece plays, putting pressure on the referee especially when they know they are in the wrong, it's a cheats game nowadays and that corrosive feeling is much more keenly felt when your team is struggling. The "better team" gets all the breaks from referees, IMO, and I am totally impartial. :P

  • Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.