Jump to content

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Our Youngsters


Wattie Rojas

Recommended Posts

Unfortunately our young lads like Lambert, Scott and henvey don't appear to have kicked on as we hoped after looking good last season. 

On the plus side we appear to have some promising talent coming up behind them.

The under 18s have won the majority of their games and have 3 representatives in the Scottish schools team. 

At their age group some of these lads look very good but they have a very long way to go before they reach the level for first team football. 

Having said this I'm hopeful that some of them have the dedication and talent to develop into first teamers, hopefully with us.

Johnston at left back is a talented wee lad. Good on the ball and quite pacey. He isn't the biggest so hopefully gets a growth spurt.

In midfield we have Anderson, Robertson, Mulligan and Cameron.

Anderson is very hardworking and picks out some great forward passes. 

Robertson is a sitting midfielder whose passing with either foot is excellent. Doesn't mind a tackle. 

Mulligan is quick, direct and a powerful runner with the ball. Scores quite a lot for a midfielder.

Cameron is best at no. 10 and creates and scores goals. His touch and vision is excellent. 

I've seen fisher and Smith have fine performances at centre half and Smith, McGrath and Cunningham up front too. Hopefully they can all kick on. 

New signing Kyle Fleming looks a decent acquisition in midfield. 

Overall I'd be hopeful that some of these guys can join Jesse and Moore in the first team squad before too long.

Ddyb💙

 

 

 

Edited by Wattie Rojas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Wattie, do you think it would have made a difference to them if we had had a better season and there were games when it would have been possible to put them on for the last ten minutes. I always thought that getting game time against a higher standard of players, playing with the senior pros was the only way to help them improve their game. If you don't build up some resilience in their mentality early on it seems that it's much more difficult to develop later on in their career. Just my thoughts, no real examples.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Unfortunately our young lads like Lambert, Scott and henvey don't appear to have kicked on as we hoped after looking good last season. 

On the plus side we appear to have some promising talent coming up behind them.

The under 18s have won the majority of their games and have 3 representatives in the Scottish schools team. 

At their age group some of these lads look very good but they have a very long way to go before they reach the level for first team football. 

Having said this I'm hopeful that some of them have the dedication and talent to develop into first teamers, hopefully with us.

Johnston at left back is a talented wee lad. Good on the ball and quite pacey. He isn't the biggest so hopefully gets a growth spurt.

In midfield we have Anderson, Robertson, Mulligan and Cameron.

Anderson is very hardworking and picks out some great forward passes. 

Robertson is a sitting midfielder whose passing with either foot is excellent. Doesn't mind a tackle. 

Mulligan is quick, direct and a powerful runner with the ball. Scores quite a lot for a midfielder.

Cameron is best at no. 10 and creates and scores goals. His touch and vision is excellent. 

I've seen fisher and Smith have fine performances at centre half and Smith, McGrath and Cunningham up front too. Hopefully they can all kick on. 

New signing Kyle Fleming looks a decent acquisition in midfield. 

Overall I'd be hopeful that some of these guys can join Jesse and Moore in the first team squad before too long.

Ddyb💙

 

 

 

Great post mate. I think the guys you've mentioned (Scott, Lambert & Henvey) might move on to create space for others coming through. I'm thinking probably Jeffries and maybe Bradbury will be gone too. The 3 attackers aren't blessed with great pace and aren't particularly tall. If McIntyre is still here next season I think he'll want a different type of player pushing for first team inclusion, especially if we're relegated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, BCram said:

Wattie, do you think it would have made a difference to them if we had had a better season and there were games when it would have been possible to put them on for the last ten minutes. I always thought that getting game time against a higher standard of players, playing with the senior pros was the only way to help them improve their game. If you don't build up some resilience in their mentality early on it seems that it's much more difficult to develop later on in their career. Just my thoughts, no real examples.

I think youngsters have to be able to handle the physical side of the game first and foremost. To that end most of the lads I've mentioned wouldn't be strong enough yet given their age: 16/17. 

Josh Mulligan and the 2 centre halfs are probably the exceptions.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Great post mate. I think the guys you've mentioned (Scott, Lambert & Henvey) might move on to create space for others coming through. I'm thinking probably Jeffries and maybe Bradbury will be gone too. The 3 attackers aren't blessed with great pace and aren't particularly tall. If McIntyre is still here next season I think he'll want a different type of player pushing for first team inclusion, especially if we're relegated. 

Really appreciate Wattie your knowledge of the potential regular DFC players (hopefully in the near future)

And with me, and I 'm sure many others, not seeing them in action, your analysis of their skills helps everyone.

We all know developing players don't always reach the height we/they hope for. but regularly mentioning their

progress on here as you do, not only enlightens us (& gies us hope , which we awe need) it encourages them :happyyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Gedee said:

Really appreciate Wattie your knowledge of the potential regular DFC players (hopefully in the near future)

And with me, and I 'm sure many others, not seeing them in action, your analysis of their skills helps everyone.

We all know developing players don't always reach the height we/they hope for. but regularly mentioning their

progress on here as you do, not only enlightens us (& gies us hope , which we awe need) it encourages them :happyyes:

No worries mate. I'm particularly excited to see how the 3 Scotland lads progress.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Just hope the club stop pitching them into massive defeats in the reserve league. I saw Hibs gub them 8-1 and it was soul destroying. Heads were deffo down at end.

I don't think the guys I mentioned were playing in that game or the Derby defeat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Great post mate. I think the guys you've mentioned (Scott, Lambert & Henvey) might move on to create space for others coming through. I'm thinking probably Jeffries and maybe Bradbury will be gone too. The 3 attackers aren't blessed with great pace and aren't particularly tall. If McIntyre is still here next season I think he'll want a different type of player pushing for first team inclusion, especially if we're relegated. 

 

3 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

I don't think the guys I mentioned were playing in that game or the Derby defeat.

Wattie/Rev....is Scott a couple of years younger than Lambert & Henvey? I have it in my mind that he was 16 during the final 'Dev' league, last season?

I saw him a couple of times towards the end of that season & thought he looked very sharp & with a good touch in tight situations in the box....scored a very good goal v Hearts, who were very strong. I was hoping his loan season would strengthen him enough to be a regular in the reserves next season & maybe the occasional sub appearance if he's doing well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
×
×
  • Create New...