The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

16 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Dunno who you are but you are becoming very alarming. Hope you can deliver in your tantalising teasers?

All in good time but put it this way the club needs a goid kick up the backside

10 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Am I right in thinking that you are a former Dundee director or have I just made that up?.🤔

Who cares who he or she is? The point is whether the truth is being told. 

1 minute ago, Only me said:

No m8 not a former director lol

Somehow I thought you were. Would've killed two birds with the one stone if you were though as the ex-director I thought you maybe were is definitely sitting on something. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BCram said:

Who cares who he or she is? The point is whether the truth is being told. 

I care mate, that's why I asked the question. Your missus burn your tea?.🙄

• Funny 1
  • Like 1

Having watched the reserves quite a bit last season the real standouts were Jesse and Lambert ably supported by cedwyn and Moore. I would have liked to have seen Lambert get a chance but he hasn't. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I care mate, that's why I asked the question. Your missus burn your tea?.🙄

Sorry, read your post wrongly. Thought it might deter Only me from posting more information and I didn't want that to happen. Things not being right are often much more effectively corrected with the help of some public scrutiny.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BCram said:

Sorry, read your post wrongly. Thought it might deter Only me from posting more information and I didn't want that to happen. Things not being right are often much more effectively corrected with the help of some public scrutiny.

No harm done BC.👍

Think the "Mystery Poster" is JN testing the water. John if this is your new way of communicating to DFC Fans...I'm no quite sure you've got the hang of it:chaplin:

• Funny 3

On 13/04/2019 at 19:44, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Great post mate. I think the guys you've mentioned (Scott, Lambert & Henvey) might move on to create space for others coming through. I'm thinking probably Jeffries and maybe Bradbury will be gone too. The 3 attackers aren't blessed with great pace and aren't particularly tall. If McIntyre is still here next season I think he'll want a different type of player pushing for first team inclusion, especially if we're relegated. 

How tall do you need to be to become a footballer ?

On 13/04/2019 at 21:07, Gedee said:

Really appreciate Wattie your knowledge of the potential regular DFC players (hopefully in the near future)

And with me, and I 'm sure many others, not seeing them in action, your analysis of their skills helps everyone.

We all know developing players don't always reach the height we/they hope for. but regularly mentioning their

progress on here as you do, not only enlightens us (& gies us hope , which we awe need) it encourages them :happyyes:

So how tall you got to be to become a footballer ?

• Funny 1

39 minutes ago, Only me said:

So how tall you got to be to become a footballer ?

Your quickly getting the hang of this "Communication Game" freend :wub:

Aye where/when possible, try to integrate a wee bit humour "John":chaplin:

7 minutes ago, offshoredee said:

Moore and Anderson sign new contracts

I'm looking forward to seeing how these lads progress. 

• Like 1

On 13/04/2019 at 21:07, Gedee said:

Really appreciate Wattie your knowledge of the potential regular DFC players (hopefully in the near future)

And with me, and I 'm sure many others, not seeing them in action, your analysis of their skills helps everyone.

We all know developing players don't always reach the heights we/they hope for. but regularly mentioning their

progress on here as you do, not only enlightens us (& gies us hope , which we awe need) it encourages them :happyyes:

fixed that for you. Messi is just  5'7", Gordon Strachan was 5'6" Neil McCann was 5'9", Bobby Cox was 5'7" and Jinky Jimmy Johnston was 5'4"  so minimum height would seem to be about 5'6" and upwards!

Controversial post and I've said it before but I would ditch the youth academy. We talk about not being able to run at breakeven because of the stadium costs, but how much do we spend on the youth setup and what do we have to show for it?

Cammy Kerr is the only one I would regard as a success story in our recent history and even then there is great debate right now about whether he is good enough. There is a good chance we are not going to offer him a new contract. You have to go back to Forsyth for the last real success.

It's very easy to say this player or that player looks promising at 16. How many times have we heard that though and then they end up being released by the time they are 19?

I get that fans get more emotionally attached to the youth players. I've just read the poster talk about the big mistake in letting Lambert go. He is probably right that it is a bit harsh. When you take out the emotion though you realise that actually Macintyre gave him a few chances this season and he didn't take the opportunity.

Bottom line is we can't afford to throw youngsters into games in our current situation. We gave Moore a chance against Aberdeen and he gives away a naïve penalty that give them the 3 points. Last season in a crucial game against Hamilton, Jeffries gives away a daft penalty. Luckily Parish saved it or we may well have gone down.

10 minutes ago, BCram said:

fixed that for you. Messi is just  5'7", Gordon Strachan was 5'6" Neil McCann was 5'9", Bobby Cox was 5'7" and Jinky Jimmy Johnston was 5'4"  so minimum height would seem to be about 5'6" and upwards!

Good job scott lambert n henvey are all above that at 5 foot 10 then some ppl had me thinking ya need to be basket ball player height .

Or maybe they want the recruitment to come from the globe trotters

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Edin_Dee said:

Controversial post and I've said it before but I would ditch the youth academy. We talk about not being able to run at breakeven because of the stadium costs, but how much do we spend on the youth setup and what do we have to show for it?

Cammy Kerr is the only one I would regard as a success story in our recent history and even then there is great debate right now about whether he is good enough. There is a good chance we are not going to offer him a new contract. You have to go back to Forsyth for the last real success.

It's very easy to say this player or that player looks promising at 16. How many times have we heard that though and then they end up being released by the time they are 19?

I get that fans get more emotionally attached to the youth players. I've just read the poster talk about the big mistake in letting Lambert go. He is probably right that it is a bit harsh. When you take out the emotion though you realise that actually Macintyre gave him a few chances this season and he didn't take the opportunity.

Bottom line is we can't afford to throw youngsters into games in our current situation. We gave Moore a chance against Aberdeen and he gives away a naïve penalty that give them the 3 points. Last season in a crucial game against Hamilton, Jeffries gives away a daft penalty. Luckily Parish saved it or we may well have gone down.

Yes but you gotta allow them to make there own mistakes and learn from them and tbh the players getting picked ahead of them make them week in week out .

11 minutes ago, Only me said:

Yes but you gotta allow them to make there own mistakes and learn from them and tbh the players getting picked ahead of them make them week in week out .

EXACTLY. Youth is being used as an excuse to drop a player because they made a mistake. a single mistake in an important game is all it needs at our club for that YOUNG player to be banished. It is daft. you see the frequent mistakes being made by senior players who play every week, and hee haw happens to them. if we need a new manager I'd pick the guy who says I can turn the players you have got here into winners!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Only me said:

How tall do you need to be to become a footballer ?

I just think that McIntyre has a preference for a certain type of player. Height and pace are probably things that can't be coached so I reckon, if he's still here, he'll promote the taller more athletic players first.

39 minutes ago, Only me said:

Good job scott lambert n henvey are all above that at 5 foot 10 then some ppl had me thinking ya need to be basket ball player height .

Or maybe they want the recruitment to come from the globe trotters

Didn't take you very long to twist people's words. Fishing or craving attention?.🤔

7 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I just think that McIntyre has a preference for a certain type of player. Height and pace are probably things that can't be coached so I reckon, if he's still here, he'll promote the taller more athletic players first.

So staying in the stoneage .lol

5 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Didn't take you very long to twist people's words. Fishing or craving attention?.🤔

Didnt twist anyones words m8

Thats the comments they made

If i were craving attention theres things i could have said that would have most responding .

1 hour ago, BCram said:

McCann 5’9”????

Did he shrink by 3” or more, with the weight of all our expectations on his shoulders? ;) 

1 hour ago, Only me said:

I'm not against playing youth players if they are better than what we've got. If they are good enough then they will take their opportunity when they come into the first team. Yes most youngsters will make mistakes but they also need to be making a contribution. I can't think of too many youngsters who have looked better than what we've got currently in the first team.

We need to make a decision - do we run with a very small first team squad and play the youths or do we have a larger first team squad and ditch the youths. We can't afford to have both (which we currently do).