Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Our Youngsters

Wattie Rojas

1 hour ago, BCram said:

fixed that for you. Messi is just  5'7", Gordon Strachan was 5'6" Neil McCann was 5'9", Bobby Cox was 5'7" and Jinky Jimmy Johnston was 5'4"  so minimum height would seem to be about 5'6" and upwards!

McCann 5’9”????

Did he shrink by 3” or more, with the weight of all our expectations on his shoulders? ;) 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, Only me said:

Yes but you gotta allow them to make there own mistakes and learn from them and tbh the players getting picked ahead of them make them week in week out .

I'm not against playing youth players if they are better than what we've got. If they are good enough then they will take their opportunity when they come into the first team. Yes most youngsters will make mistakes but they also need to be making a contribution. I can't think of too many youngsters who have looked better than what we've got currently in the first team.

We need to make a decision - do we run with a very small first team squad and play the youths or do we have a larger first team squad and ditch the youths. We can't afford to have both (which we currently do).

1 hour ago, Only me said:

Didnt twist anyones words m8

Thats the comments they made

If i were craving attention theres things i could have said that would have most responding .

I think you've taken them out of context. McIntyre seems to like big players. I think most, if not all, agree that you don't have to be tall to be good. I think that a big ordinary player will cancel out a small ordinary player 99% of the time. We, mostly, sign ordinary players.

the problem with pro youth teams is that the majority of them are just shirt fillers in the vain hope that 1 decent player makes the breakthru,,,,I think we developed better youth players when they were still allowed to play competitive games with their mates on a sunday and school during the week....the system we use in Scotland just aint working.

• Like 3

Is anyone else confused with new team setup for reserve/dev team/under 18 etc. We have under 18 's playing later this week, yet we have an under 16 player captaining the reserve team, who lost today to Motherwell. Are reserves mainly 18/20 years old? Used to go to all Dev team games a couple of years ago, but now other commitments. 

to me the development team should be scrapped and any of them who look like they can maybe make it should play in the reserves with senior pros....and when the under 18s become too old for that age group they either go into the reserve squad or released...there is just no need for clubs our size having 100's of youngsters on the books hoping 1 makes us some money in the future.

52 minutes ago, charliedee said:

to me the development team should be scrapped and any of them who look like they can maybe make it should play in the reserves with senior pros....and when the under 18s become too old for that age group they either go into the reserve squad or released...there is just no need for clubs our size having 100's of youngsters on the books hoping 1 makes us some money in the future.

There's no development team anymore I don't think.

Adblock Detected