The Dark Blues
Neil Cameron

How Are People Gearing Up To the Split Fixtures.

Rate this topic

I  am wondering how people are keeping as we prepare for Saturday and the remainder of the season. I for one am a nervous wreck even  before the first game has started praying for a miracle. 

I have resigned myself to us going down,  so if it happens i am well prepared for it.        Heading up to Perth though  to give the team my full backing.

S**t situation to be in though.

7 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

I've resigned myself to relegation and am completely indifferent.

100% me. I've not even looked at the fixtures to check if I'm off work.

• Like 1

Hate to say it, but I am kind of resigned to us being relegated. So in a weird sort of way I am not nervous at all. I've got a similar sort of feeling to when we play Celtic away. Fully expecting defeat and if we get anything it is just a complete bonus.

I think back to Motherwell away in McCann's first game where it looked like we could be relegated going into those split games. I was really up for the fight and a nervous wreck going into the games. This time I'll treat getting anything at St Johnstone or Motherwell away as a bonus.

St Mirren away was the make or break for me. We failed miserably. That was the day I got the same sinking feeling as I did on the day of our 2 most recent previous relegations.

I am looking forward to next season already, regardless of what league we are in, because hopefully the club will undergo an genuine rebuild from top to bottom and we can move forward.

• Like 4

Headphones on listening to 'Take Five' which was a brilliant guitar instrumental in the Charts when we won the League at Muirton and Manfred Mann blasting out 5-4-3-2-1.cantwait for Saturday.Tell the players to turn up

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Guess I'm going against the grain here but I've thought for a while that it would come down to the final 5 games and I'm still hopeful (rather than confident admittedly after the St. M game) that we can get our sh*t together. We'll get what we get though and same as any other season, we regroup and go again. Supporting a team like ours involves a very long term strategy of hope, we've had plenty setbacks, we'll have plenty more. Dumfries away is my favourite away day so as long as QoTS stay up, its all good..... :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

17 hours ago, Neil Cameron said:

I  am wondering how people are keeping as we prepare for Saturday and the remainder of the season. I for one am a nervous wreck even  before the first game has started praying for a miracle. 

One game at a time mate - nervous as hell too but will be there on Saturday and if we can get a point then the Great Escape could be on !

Hopefully St Johnstone realise how beneficial to them Dundee being in the Premier league is 😂

Don't go to away games anymore so the team may be relegated before I see them again.

Me too Ive "downed tools" on this season and given up sadly!! Knocked back the chance of going on Saturday and to be honest it never really entered my head about going.

Will be there for the Home games irrespective though!!

Hope Dundee FC can prove me wrong!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Guess I'm going against the grain here but I've thought for a while that it would come down to the final 5 games and I'm still hopeful (rather than confident admittedly after the St. M game) that we can get our sh*t together. We'll get what we get though and same as any other season, we regroup and go again. Supporting a team like ours involves a very long term strategy of hope, we've had plenty setbacks, we'll have plenty more. Dumfries away is my favourite away day so as long as QoTS stay up, its all good..... :ph34r:

Careful about ‘wishing’ for away trips to Dumfries, Chomp....they’re falling Without a parachute & without Dobbie for the remaining games. I’m sure I heard someone on sportscene say their next highest scorer has scored just 2 goals. :o

They may be heading for Div.1, and if we don’t sort ourselves out very fast, we could find a return to the championship as hard as Partick are just now.

In saying that, I adopted my dfc survival philosophy in the mid 70’s....prepare for the worst, anticipate nothing, but hope for much better....11th & Ayr or ICT in playoffs will do🤞

20 minutes ago, GoatLord said:

Valium and extra bog rolls 

I’ll take some of each of you’ve excess stock

Edited by DarkBlueKnight
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

I’ll take some of each of you’ve excess stock

DBK, It would be unlikely, GoatLord would have any stock to give away.

As each week passes, the demand increases...High Value Products :drool:

• Funny 1

22 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

I've resigned myself to relegation and am completely indifferent.

3 hours ago, Donny O said:

Me too Ive "downed tools" on this season and given up sadly!! Knocked back the chance of going on Saturday and to be honest it never really entered my head about going.

This and this.

St Mirren away defeat was the first nail in the coffin in our biggest game of the season that was possibly a must win but more likely a must not lose.  

We lost.

We then had two other chances to redeem ourselves in the following 7 days.

We lost both.

Those 3 defeats in the week to add to the 20 we already had have basically ended the season's hopes for me and took the edge right off it.

We've won 4 games all season. We'd probably have to win 4 or 5 out of 5 to even have a chance of finishing 10th.

If we somehow find a couple of wins including one against St Mirren and scrape in to the play off, I don't fancy us in it at all anyway with our record this season.

Got us down as relegated. If we finish 11th, I still fancy us to get relegated.

Be glad when its finished.

If a miracle happens on Saturday and we win and St Mirren and Hamilton both lose, I reserve the right to change my mind. Would give us something to play for at least.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 3

4 hours ago, Donny O said:

The last game at McDairmid was out first game in Perth in years that I decided to swerve. Won't be going on Saturday either. 

I'll be attending both Dens games between now and the end of the season but won't be spending anything on any away games.

• Like 1

Oh man! Can we save throwing in the towel for a game or two? 😅

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

No.

2 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

No.

Oh go on! A brexit style delay for a couple of weeks

Just now, DarkBlueKnight said:

Oh go on! A brexit style delay for a couple of weeks

And obviously you can revoke the relegation article 50 and call the whole thing off!

• Funny 3

4 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Pretty much accepted we were going down weeks ago, so if that's throwing the towel in then I lost it a while back. 

To be fair the only away game from the three I would have been going to was Perth, but along with the other recent Perth game I just came to conclusion that I have better use of the £60-£70 those two games would cost me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, barkblue said:

Pretty much accepted we were going down weeks ago, so if that's throwing the towel in then I lost it a while back. 

To be fair the only away game from the three I would have been going to was Perth, but along with the other recent Perth game I just came to conclusion that I have better use of the £60-£70 those two games would cost me.

Not criticising barkblue - I hear you! My general point is that if the guys on here think it’s a lost cause , maybe the players and managers do as well - then we are completely screwed

• Like 2