The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Neil Cameron

How Are People Gearing Up To the Split Fixtures.

Rate this topic

15 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

I really think we are

I continue to ignore the voice in my head and rely on my heart

• Love 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, SpiderDee1893 said:

One game at a time mate - nervous as hell too but will be there on Saturday and if we can get a point then the Great Escape could be on !

Hopefully St Johnstone realise how beneficial to them Dundee being in the Premier league is 😂

Around £80k per year roughly

52 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Not criticising barkblue - I hear you! My general point is that if the guys on here think it’s a lost cause , maybe the players and managers do as well - then we are completely screwed

The moment that I kind of think sucked the life out of the team was the injury time goal against Celtic. The way the players went down on their knew, or flat on their backs, it was as if they had just lost a cup final. That felt like the moment they completely stopped believing. What's happened since, I think, backs that up unfortunately. 

I've thought from pre-season that we were screwed but hoped a change in manager would maybe change that but it's made little to no impact whatsoever. 

• Star Post 2

57 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Not criticising barkblue - I hear you! My general point is that if the guys on here think it’s a lost cause , maybe the players and managers do as well - then we are completely screwed

We're Fucked. I'm with BB, PB and a host of others. I can think of plenty of ways to spend the cash that can almost guarantee a decent time. I'm working an extra couple of shifts this week and I'm just not knocking my pan in for some extra dosh to then spend it on watching another spineless display. My heart overruling my head stopped a good while ago. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, barkblue said:

The moment that I kind of think sucked the life out of the team was the injury time goal against Celtic. The way the players went down on their knew, or flat on their backs, it was as if they had just lost a cup final. That felt like the moment they completely stopped believing. What's happened since, I think, backs that up unfortunately. 

I've thought from pre-season that we were screwed but hoped a change in manager would maybe change that but it's made little to no impact whatsoever. 

Definitely agree with that. I thought that it was going to be very, very difficult to come back from such a cruel, crushing blow after putting so much effort into the game and so it's proved. The St Mirren game was the final nail but the Celtic defeat took too much wind out of our sails and I felt the writing was on the wall after that.

• Like 1

The players (and manager) had a great chance at Paisley to turn it round, got off to a great start, in front of a fantastic support and capitulated big time, especially when you consider what happened to St Mirren in Perth a few days earlier, we should have gone on and gubbed them, but no, the usual humiliating defeat. 

I hate saying this but I just cant see where the next win will come from, sooner its over the better, would dearly love to be wrong.

• Like 1

I think there is a good reason we have pretty much all lost hope. No-one can see us 4 points more than St Mirren and no way could we even think of getting 7 point more than Hamilton. If by some miracle we get to the play off place, our record against Championship clubs is horrible. 

I'll be there on Saturday and every game until the end of the season! Will still have hope until its officially over, football is a funny old game sometimes and I wouldn't be surprised if there is one last twist. 

However, it will be a massive ask for us to stay up. Got to believe! 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

I'll be there on Saturday and every game until the end of the season! Will still have hope until its officially over, football is a funny old game sometimes and I wouldn't be surprised if there is one last twist. 

Fair play to you Greg and many others but I've been there, done it and bought the t-shirt. No disrespect intended to anyone but I believe in Santa more to be honest. This movies been on repeat for the last 40yrs.

• Like 1

I'm thinking of binning this forum. So many people saying the same we're doomed message, and occasionally finishing with "hope I'm wrong"

3 minutes ago, BCram said:

I'm thinking of binning this forum. So many people saying the same we're doomed message, and occasionally finishing with "hope I'm wrong"

4 minutes ago, BCram said:

If some fowk on here think staying in with or going out with the wife on Saturdays is better than drinking with yir mates before and after the game then hey ho...no meh cup o tea

28 minutes ago, BCram said:

It's all about opinions mate. Binning the forum won't result in anyone changing their opinion. I'll still think we're Fooked.

• Star Post 1

3 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

I really think we are

I really hope we're not. 

11 minutes ago, mitch said:

If some fowk on here think staying in with or going out with the wife on Saturdays is better than drinking with yir mates before and after the game then hey ho...no meh cup o tea

My missus goes to the game so I'm kinda Fooked.To be honest she's more up for going to the pub and going to the game than I am nowadays and she does'nae even drink.😂

• Funny 2

21 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

My missus goes to the game so I'm kinda Fooked.To be honest she's more up for going to the pub and going to the game than I am nowadays and she does'nae even drink.😂

My missus suggested just getting my ST and not both but she's not getting off that easy. If I have to sit through this crap, so does she !!!!! :rant:

In fairness it was a sweet offer but I wouldn't have saved any cash by doing it, as an out of towner who doesn't drive the money I'd save on her ST would be spent on 'planes, trains and automobiles' and as I'd be 'off the radar' a fair bit of loud mouth soup too. Also as I've said, once I got the idea in my head that I fancy being 'liberated' from my ST I'm looking forward joining Betty Boo and just doin' ma do. Admittedly my 'do' isn't that exciting, its mostly walking (that's with an L not a K for those with poor eyesight but its a close run thing) and wild camping but its going to be weird to start with, the not going to every home game I mean, not the W thing, I'm all over that. ;)

• Funny 1

42 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

It's all about opinions mate. Binning the forum won't result in anyone changing their opinion. I'll still think we're Fooked.

it isn't the opinions it's the continuous repetition of them that's getting me down.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GregTeamDee said:

Agreed we are on the 10.53 train be in The Foundry by 1130 a few beers then there to get three points, gut feeling nowt else, we gotta keep the Faith 

• Like 4
  • Star Post 1

2 hours ago, GregTeamDee said:

Good man! I’ll be there Saturday and every other game until we are safe or down. IMO our backing is more important now than at any other point this season. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, mitch said:

Well, driving to the game kind kills that vibe doesn't it?

2 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Fair play to you Greg and many others but I've been there, done it and bought the t-shirt. No disrespect intended to anyone but I believe in Santa more to be honest. This movies been on repeat for the last 40yrs.

I think you’ve got these messages on repeat Rev so as to hypnotise yourself into believing you don’t want to go......you know you do.

very important time coming up for the dee, I will back them

rite to the end. we are staying up!!!

• Like 3

Have every weekend off till end of the season bar the Motherwell game, hopefully this set of players will dig us out this horrendous hole...

Can understand the negative comments by a few posters with regards to our team...

But surely we fight to the end as a group of fans, been in worse situations than this and came through the other side.

I know its not easy, but when has it ever been?

• Like 3

On current form, I’m expecting straight relegation and am mentally prepared for it.

The play off place would be a good result now and 10th place would be bloody miraculous.

Will be at all the games to end of season hoping for the best and see where we end up.

Actually think we are due a bit of luck, we might have gone 2-0 up at St. Mirren, should have taken the lead at Perth and hit the post at 0-0 v Aberdeen.

Season Ticket bought for next season, it’s what I do on a Saturday (or whenever) and basically that’s not going to change unless we ever go t*ts up.

DDYB

• Like 3

12 hours ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

I continue to ignore the voice in my head and rely on my heart

That's the same style as myself friend ...

And if I find the voice in my head is giving me too much "sh*t" ...

Jist look for anither ain. And if eh run oot o' voices...Eh jist mak mair up:chaplin:

A LITTLE BIT OF "CONTROLLED INSANITY" NEVER DID ME NAE HARM :wacko:

(Up at 5,00am) Anither sleepless night thinkIn' aboot DFC.  Finding it hard to

type this post. One hand is covered in butter and the ither ain in marmalade.

Recently, Mrs G's, locked awa, awe the knives. Got to use my fingers noo :wub:

9 hours ago, BCram said:

it isn't the opinions it's the continuous repetition of them that's getting me down.

I don't read every thread any more mate, try cherry picking.