Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

McIntyre Just Gtf

dufflecoat

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Thing is with me is my young lad is 14, seen the doon derby and the cup win over the dabs, it's a shame. I'm used to it being a Dee but wtf has happened here, how are we supposed to kick on! We are down again and even I'm struggling to figure it out having the 6th biggest budget, we shouldn't be struggling againt relegation with the budget and the fan base, my young lad will always be a Dee thanks to me but he and all of us doesn't deserve this.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Iain T Campbell said:

You should know just as well as me that when you interview a person for a job they can sound very promising leading to you hiring them, for them to then turn out to be disasters. You listen to McCann on the radio as a pundit and he is the best on the radio. He knows football inside out and one should not be surprised that he impressed Nelms. I am sure that Macintyre with his experience can talk a good game. Maybe if McCann had been given until December we would not be in this position, but that is speculation and not everyone would agree with me there. It was obvious that MacLeish was a disastrous appointment for the national and Macintyre wad the same for Dundee. They are both yesterday's men.

Big difference being that when you interview someone that's applied for a job usually they're a total stranger with very few people around to ask opinions of. In football these people are well known on the circuit and a small amount of due diligence can tell you enough without having to interview.

Nelms doesn't even advertise, he speaks to people he has named on a shortlist as preferences. I doubt he even interviews candidates, if option one turns it down he'll move to option two and so until he gets the best option according to some data he's made up. Incredible really.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Big difference being that when you interview someone that's applied for a job usually they're a total stranger with very few people around to ask opinions of. In football these people are well known on the circuit and a small amount of due diligence can tell you enough without having to interview.

Nelms doesn't even advertise, he speaks to people he has named on a shortlist as preferences. I doubt he even interviews candidates, if option one turns it down he'll move to option two and so until he gets the best option according to some data he's made up. Incredible really.

This exactly. An interviewers job is to assess the candidate, do background checks, check references etc etc. To say he should simply take the candidates word on face value is simple naive and to be honest negligent to say the least

6 hours ago, dblair said:

Jim Duffy anyone? Would certainly accept nothing less than 100% from players and knows the club and the Scottish game inside out. Not a long term solution but perhaps one to put the breaks on our downward spiral

I like the sentiment of Duffy, or any of our other heros from yesteryear who care about the Dees, but this would be the last straw for me! Appointing a manager who snatched relegation at the jaws of a top six finish is not the answer - even as a short term appointment. Theres probably good reason why he's never managed a premiership club since. I'd rather Bomber Broon if regressing is our plan.

Hopefully FPS will start a recovery plan in terms of management and coaching staff as soon as we are officially down. I'd like to see the new management  team in place in plenty time to utilise the window and preseason to best effect. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DFC1974 said:

I like the sentiment of Duffy, or any of our other heros from yesteryear who care about the Dees, but this would be the last straw for me! Appointing a manager who snatched relegation at the jaws of a top six finish is not the answer - even as a short term appointment. Theres probably good reason why he's never managed a premiership club since. I'd rather Bomber Broon if regressing is our plan.

Hopefully FPS will start a recovery plan in terms of management and coaching staff as soon as we are officially down. I'd like to see the new management  team in place in plenty time to utilise the window and preseason to best effect. 

Hence why I said

40 minutes ago, DFC1974 said:

Not a long term solution but perhaps one to put the breaks on our downward spiral

9 hours ago, markthedee said:

McIntyre did make a quick getaway up the tunnel at full time today.

Maybe a sign? Or just cowardice, leaving the players to face the fans? Craig Curran in particular didn't seem to happy at being told a few home truths (did the "talk to the hand" gesture). 

I noticed that at fulltime, quick handshake, with Tommy Wright and a fast exit up the tunnel. Craig Curran, looked furious at the Dundee Supporters full-time reaction, but their were not many left a full time, what does he expect, he's one of the many wage stealers at Dens just now, putting in. Zero effort and skill, for a wage, most of us supporters, can only dream of.

For me only Cammy and Ralph earned their wages and the only two in that squad yesterday, worth keeping.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Rocky Boy said:

I noticed that at fulltime, quick handshake, with Tommy Wright and a fast exit up the tunnel. Craig Curran, looked furious at the Dundee Supporters full-time reaction, but their were not many left a full time, what does he expect, he's one of the many wage stealers at Dens just now, putting in. Zero effort and skill, for a wage, most of us supporters, can only dream of.

For me only Cammy and Ralph earned their wages and the only two in that squad yesterday, worth keeping.

They are trying, the team is just not good enough as a whole. Curran has a really good work rate but he was working with very little.

We didn't even start with a natural defensive midfielder, we had no chance of competing with a side like St Johnstone yesterday.

For me, the problem areas are centre back, right back and defensive midfield. The other positions are average enough IMO.

I get that there's frustration etc but I can't seriously look at the squad of players we've got and say the quality is there to stay up.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 2

Adblock Detected