Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Let's Make Assumption We Are Now Relegated & Our Manager Is Now Gone. (Where do We Go From Here?)

Spiritof62

Assuming FPS finance a spell in the championship( not guaranteed I know).

Whoever is in charge faces one hell of a job building a side from the wreckage of this season.

Apart from Ralph and Nelson there are absolutely no resources available to the next manager.

Even the 25 point deduction wasn’t as serious as where we are now.

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
8 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

Assuming FPS finance a spell in the championship( not guaranteed I know).

Whoever is in charge faces one hell of a job building a side from the wreckage of this season.

Apart from Ralph and Nelson there are absolutely no resources available to the next manager.

Even the 25 point deduction wasn’t as serious as where we are now.

Hi Spirit.

I know things are bad but you have forgotten some other players who are contracted to be at Dens next season. 

Kasunga 1 year option.

Paul McGowan 1 year option. 

Hamilton 3 year contract ends in 2021.

Miller 2 year contract ends in 2020.

I also read on this forum that Meekings was last March given a two year contract ending in 2020. He has been out injured all season and had a hip operation. Assuming that it has been a success he should be like a new player for us next season. We can only hope. 

Goodness knows where  the result of the first team squad are going to come from as eight young players have just been jettisoned by the club. 

Just now, islaydarkblue said:

Hi Spirit.

I know things are bad but you have forgotten some other players who are contracted to be at Dens next season. 

Kasunga 1 year option.

Paul McGowan 1 year option. 

Hamilton 3 year contract ends in 2021.

Miller 2 year contract ends in 2020.

I also read on this forum that Meekings was last March given a two year contract ending in 2020. He has been out injured all season and had a hip operation. Assuming that it has been a success he should be like a new player for us next season. We can only hope. 

Goodness knows where  the result of the first team squad are going to come from as eight young players have just been jettisoned by the club. 

Kasunga, Miller, Gowser, Meekings and Hamilton, I think you make the case for me re lack of resources.

25 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

Kasunga, Miller, Gowser, Meekings and Hamilton, I think you make the case for me re lack of resources.

Hi Spirit. 

I agree totally with your view about the lack of resources for next season. 

My worry is that if Jim McIntyre is still the manager next season he will be signing all his former players who are out of contract. 

The rebuilding process needs to be started tonight, I would hope though it started a few weeks back. I think its telling that Jim Mcintyre has not signed any more players on PCA for next season, however in saying that he was at a championship game last weekend looking at players. 

I'm gutted that we are relegated in all but name, but we have been through far worse as a club and everyone needs to remember that. Look at Hearts, Hibs etc.. they all got relegated and sorted out their mess and look where they are now.  We need to sort out our mess now. 

We need to let McIntyre go, he hasn't got the support from fans. Even if we do keep him, the first defeat under him next season and the cycle will start again. There are plenty of managers out there that could win us promotion. The last time we got relegated, we came straight back up so that can happen again. 

In terms of the team for next season; I actually don't think we are too far away from a decent team (excluding the loan players). If you look at the top 4 in the Championship, man for man, they aren't any better than us, they are just better organised, know their jobs and have confidence.  Example; Is Jack Hamilton any worse than Scott Fox or Mark Ridgers? No.

I understand everyone is angry but we all need to be sensible. I hope Keyes, Nelms and the rest of the board realise that we all need to come together and move forward and put this horrible season behind us.  

1 minute ago, TheWhiteCafu said:

The board deserve to get lambasted for allowing Mcintyre to sign the likes of Craig Curran on long deals when we were right in the middle of a relegation battle. Have they ever come out and clarified if these deals have relegation clauses?

I have never heard any comments from Messrs Keyes and Nelms about relegation clauses in the players contract. Coming from America they may never have heard about relegation clauses. 

The Americans in my view are not going anywhere ... Unless their plans for Campie are now a total non-starter.

As it all seems very quiet on that front. And so it may well be the case. The Campie Project I believe is their main &

only focus. That is where there big investment is. And so I would expect that will be where they expect their returns.

Their must be great deal of thoughts & decision-making, churning through their minds (& ours) at this present time.

At the time DFC are in a total shambles. But without sounding too dramatic, I really don't think we can rely on hope.

Plans are needing to be made ASAP. If assumptions made in the topic heading are correct I would suggest, our NO1

Priority...Is To Advertise (as widely as possible) for a New Manager. Whoever decides to put his name forward will be

well aware of the challenge involved ... We can only hope that this time, we produce a short-list that are up for the job.

(Maybe I am seeing things all wrong)  Strangely I'm resigned to where we are now.  But I am looking for more ideas to

give us some real hope for the future.This season could not've been much worse Any thoughts on what we do now?

3 minutes ago, Dee_Dee said:

St Mirren’s goal difference is worth an extra point so we are in effect 7 points behind them. 

If we get beat at Motherwell and St Mirren win next week, it’s all over.

To be honest i think it's all over already... I can't see this gang winning another game before the season ends..we'll be lucky if they actually manage to score a goal..I'd say sack the manager tonight, put McPake or some other senior pro in charge as caretaker.. advertise the vacancy and see who applies.. gives the new manager time to come in and start planning for next season in the Championship.. whatever happens, it's a massive rebuild on the cards ..

Adblocker Detected