Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Let's Make Assumption We Are Now Relegated & Our Manager Is Now Gone. (Where do We Go From Here?)

Spiritof62

14 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

Not that I am proposing him as Manager but I was impressed at Dick Campbell after Arbroath won their title, he said he was after another one next season.

Thats an approach that resonates with fans, I think he has 4 titles to his name.

To be fair who's going to take seriously any manager here who claims he wants to win a title?. Pie in the sky claims don't resonate with fans they just make you think that we've appointed another balloon. Arbroath winning the Championship isn't quite the equivalent of us winning the SPFL but it'd be one hell of an achievement none the less. Dick's been on the champers and got a wee bit excited.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, Spiritof62 said:

Not that I am proposing him as Manager but I was impressed at Dick Campbell after Arbroath won their title, he said he was after another one next season.

Thats an approach that resonates with fans, I think he has 4 titles to his name.

I am firmly on the Ian McCall bandwagon. He's the brilliant candidate to build a team from scratch IMO and his success hasn't been given the recognition it deserves.

15 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I am firmly on the Ian McCall bandwagon. He's the brilliant candidate to build a team from scratch IMO and his success hasn't been given the recognition it deserves.

Doubt he’d fancy the stress or the travelling. Strikes me now as a guy who wants to get the most from life which isn’t all about work. 

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

Although he's not likely to unify the fans, I'd be with you on that Harry.

He comes across as a really decent guy and I don't think he's very fond of the dabs after how things went for him there. And he's adamant he wasn't responsible for the jobbie in shoe incident.

We've now had thirteen permanent mangers since Jim Duffy went to Hibs in 1996 and none have moved on to a bigger job.

We can't seem to pick a decent manager.

Edited by OCDee

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

For me, McIntyre needs to go but I think the real problems were with McCann and 80% of the damage was done by not intervening far sooner.

Absolutely agree with this. The McCann era was an absolute disaster. He wiped out a team which was just capable of surviving in the SPL and wasted decent  resources provided by FPS , which somebody like Tommy Wright could have used to improve that side.  To 'experiment'  with a team needing a wise head was an act of naivety.  We needed stability and we got a very stubborn  rookie without testing the market  with an advert to see who would have been available.   McIntyre, again it would appear without advert, came in but  had no chance of replacing the huge number of McCann duds in a January transfer window with players that would rebuild a squad. 

McIntyre's run of eight and possibly now twelve defeats  has been dreadful. Some of his lineups have been head scratching to say the least and he hasn't built a more competitive side capable of winning ugly that he said he would. He has lost the support and he will be the  manager of our club as it is relegated, so his future is hopeless and he needs to go.

Thing is, if he was sacked, what has changed to suggest that we can appoint a manager who can rebuild our club.  We don't have a board who can effectively assess options and put forward meaningful individual points of view. It seems we operate like a  classic autocracy.

Then again , if he is sacked, that is significant FPS  funds being wasted again.

The customers will vote with their feet, not primarily because of price, but because of the last two seasons which have been dire, particularly at home.That is the reason for reduced ticket sales.

• Star Post 1

13 hours ago, sandy wynd said:

I think it was game over when Miller missed that chance late on against Hearts and the belief seemed to drain away from that point on. Of course the rot had set in long ago but that was when I felt we were doomed. What F@cks me off is the gutless surrender since than and that is why JM should GTF now.  But Nelms believes he can be our saviour so we will have to put up with him til end of season .. every day he is around is a day wasted

Or the penalty v Killie?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dee_Dee said:

Writing was on the wall when both Dunfermline and Ayr Utd came to Dens and played us off the park and was compounded when we were thrashed at QOS by a team who didn’t win for weeks after it.

Probably a mercy that we are not making play off, no sense in extending the humiliation

QOS totally thrashed us yet only 1 point above playoff place. Saints have only beaten us and St Mirren in the past 14 games yet will not have an easier 3 points than yesterday. Embarrassing from McIntyre. Again paper talk this week from O'Sullivan this time about not wanting relegation on his CV. 

If the club is to appoint a DOF then Nelms needs help from seasoned professionals to make that appointment, and that of a new manager. Knox, Brown (Craig) and Scott are some ex Dees who could sit on a panel but it does not have to be ex Dees (just not ex Arabs). Some poster said earlier we would struggle to sell 2,000 STs for next season - try half of that. The future does not look bright even on a sunny day like today.

I've said it since pre season, this team looked utter dross and the defeats to championship teams should have raised concerns. 

We changed the entire team in January and yet still utter murder. We've not had much luck this season so perhaps it's a good thing its almost over.

There is no excuse, we thoroughly deserve to be relegated. 4 wins all season? Roughly 24 defeats? Been pumped out the cup from lower division teams, humiliated and outplayed on numerous occasions.

When we played Arbroath a few seasons ago in a friendly,  I thought to myself , f**k supporting a shitey wee pub team like this.... fast forward to now and we will be in the same league as them come next season.

I'd usually get excited by the reset button but we've done it every season and it's got worse and worse. 

The club should be thanking those who have forked out all season to watch that sh**e.

Championship here we come. Feck if the arabs don't get up, we could be challenging them for the title and we would bottle it.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected