Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Under Contract Nxt Season

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 hours ago, sandy wynd said:

Hope they have big relegation clauses built into their contracts especiaĺly Miller.  Can't see many premier clubs bidding for any of them

I actually think Miller would agree to a mutual termination of his contract. He thinks JM is a clown, and frankly JM has badly mismanaged him. Guy was rattling in goals for us, and now he can't make a pass, take a pass or even shoot properly. Now sure at his age for a footballer maybe his touch has just deserted him, that is obviously something that is going to happen, but that would be a falling off a cliff scenario for a guy that looked pretty sharp a few months ago.

Yesterday Miller's touch was brutal so he's either lost it OR he has simply chucked it for one reason or another. 

Personally I don't see Miller and JM co-existing for another season together especially in a lower league. The only way I see Miller coming back if is he is appointed player/manager, and frankly nothing would surprise me at this point.

Assuming all our loan players depart, it looks like this is the starting point for JM's successor (🤞).....might be a couple of others with 1-year options?

Goal:             Hamilton + Ferrie? (still out on loan?)

Defence:      Ralph, Davies + Kerr? (if he's offered a contract & doesn't leave?) + Waddell? (is he out of contract?)

Midfield:      Todd (PCA), Moore, Anderson + Gowser (if he has a year option?)

Forward:      Curran C, Nelson, Miller (if he stays)

Fairly thin on the ground.

2 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Assuming all our loan players depart, it looks like this is the starting point for JM's successor (🤞).....might be a couple of others with 1-year options?

Goal:             Hamilton + Ferrie? (still out on loan?)

Defence:      Ralph, Davies + Kerr? (if he's offered a contract & doesn't leave?) + Waddell? (is he out of contract?)

Midfield:      Todd (PCA), Moore, Anderson + Gowser (if he has a year option?)

Forward:      Curran C, Nelson, Miller (if he stays)

Fairly thin on the ground.

I'd keep O'Dea (make him captain again). 

We need height in the team too and please can the next manager sort out the midfield, staggering that in three years, three managers couldn't sort it out. 

1 minute ago, GregTeamDee said:

I'd keep O'Dea (make him captain again). 

We need height in the team too and please can the next manager sort out the midfield, staggering that in three years, three managers couldn't sort it out. 

It's a big ask. But can the next Manager put out a team that can score a goal. And maybe win a couple of games at home all season.

There’s no fear I’d keep ODea, he’s given his all and still tries hard but we have to be looking at better even if in the championship. The only way I’d keep ODea is as a player coach and he was a squad player who concentrated on coaching our defence and young defenders.

Id also let Miller go if he was willing to terminate mutually. We have Curren and Nelson and I’d expect them to be our first choice front two next season, with Millers wage I’d be looking at bringing in better midfielders as theres also no way I’d keep McGowan or Woods.

Basically we need to sign around 11 players. In Hamilton we have a decent keeper for the championship and I’d keep Ferrie as his back up (to save wages for elsewhere and knowing that we could get someone in on loan if we became desperate), we will have Ralph at left back and I’d offer Kerr a new deal for right back. We will have Davis and Meekings on our books (another reason not to keep ODea as we have our quota of injury prone, old and/or slow central defenders). In midfield we only have Todd and that’s a blessing as none of the others are good enough.

Whatever, it’s going to be some rebuilding in the summer with a slashed budget and fans not wanting to buy season tickets. We will need a great start to the season otherwise we’re in for record low crowds.

9 hours ago, bjs said:

Whatever, it’s going to be some rebuilding in the summer with a slashed budget and fans not wanting to buy season tickets. We will need a great start to the season otherwise we’re in for record low crowds.

Agree with your comments. This one, of course, is going to be the crucial bit.....but first I think the Board needs to find a strong motivational manager who knows how to build & develop a team for the future, and how to set them out & motivate them on matchdays. 

I'd imagine, with the extent of rebuild & reorganisation required, we can perhaps forget about a quick return & aim for the following season.

14 hours ago, bjs said:

There’s no fear I’d keep ODea, he’s given his all and still tries hard but we have to be looking at better even if in the championship. The only way I’d keep ODea is as a player coach and he was a squad player who concentrated on coaching our defence and young defenders.

Id also let Miller go if he was willing to terminate mutually. We have Curren and Nelson and I’d expect them to be our first choice front two next season, with Millers wage I’d be looking at bringing in better midfielders as theres also no way I’d keep McGowan or Woods.

Basically we need to sign around 11 players. In Hamilton we have a decent keeper for the championship and I’d keep Ferrie as his back up (to save wages for elsewhere and knowing that we could get someone in on loan if we became desperate), we will have Ralph at left back and I’d offer Kerr a new deal for right back. We will have Davis and Meekings on our books (another reason not to keep ODea as we have our quota of injury prone, old and/or slow central defenders). In midfield we only have Todd and that’s a blessing as none of the others are good enough.

I said in a previous post I'd keep O'Dea and Jesse but now I think O'Dea has run his race. 

I think there's a good chance that Davies body has given up and miller can't run now so I hope they aren't at Dens either next season. 

Seems to be some chit chat doing the rounds that Nelson has had a fallout with McIntyre. Maybe he won't be here next year either. If that has been the reason that the boy hasn't started for us, while it wouldn't surprise me, I would be totally disgusted, given he is the one player that offered to do the one thing that few others could get close to. I think it would be beneficial to move Miller, ODea and Davies on.Odea has been a really good servant but we need younger  now.

Adblock Detected