Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

'Kamara, an Absolute Steal At £50, 000' (Aye, Thanks for the Reminder S G)

Gedee

Talk aboot salt in the wounds ... Aye thanks for the reminder Steven Gerrard :rant:

This thread is no' really aboot Kamara (I've just used him as an example) ... I'm asking the question: Are DFC destined, NEVER to be a force in Scottish Football?

I might be daft, but when I use the word "force" I'm no daft enough to believe in DFC reaching Top Six in Premiership. But the 3 seasons past (basically) trying to

fight oor way oot the the relegation zone ... Is this the kinda future we are noo looking forward to? This disastrous season, we've reached the point of no return !!

As I said I dinnae want to focus on Kamara...Because most will agree, it appeared, he had decided to give up on Dundee & had made up his mind he wanted the

move to Rangers asap (who "generously gifted" DFC £50,000) And then he went on (not at all surprisingly) to do the great stuff, he knew, we knew, Rangers knew,

he was more than capable of. This Topic I'd like to hear views from others (& DFC) What really is our future? Is it (as before) Sell our decent players on & cheap:rant:

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

With the right manager who is to say we cannot achieve what Kilmarnock have done this season. They are not a well off club and have a lesser (potential) support than us.

We need to get to a stage where

• we have an investor who leaves the decisions to someone who has experience in the UK football market
  • we have a manager who is given time to build a squad (suffering the lows along the way) and has the backing from above
  • we have players who want to play for Dundee and the manager (well I may just settle for the manager)

If this means going back to the chumpionship then so be it. I would rather see a future for DFC than have to look at what we are getting just now. It's a shambles.

The biggest problem for me was that McIntyre gave up on the player and he started suggesting that he had to go. Even if Kamara had turned around three games into victory it would have been worth more than £50k, we all could see he was our best midfielder. The shambles of the midfield we have now we should have kept him.

I'll go back further to when we let Hendry go to Celtic, McCann was just getting some consistency going then we sell on our best player, not for millions but for around £500k after paying Wigan, it's been mostly downhill since.

I agree with selling players on for the correct price but caving in every January window sets the club up to struggle every year and as usual us fans suffer along the way.

31 minutes ago, scooter99 said:

With the right manager who is to say we cannot achieve what Kilmarnock have done this season. They are not a well off club and have a lesser (potential) support than us.

We need to get to a stage where

• we have an investor who leaves the decisions to someone who has experience in the UK football market
  • we have a manager who is given time to build a squad (suffering the lows along the way) and has the backing from above
  • we have players who want to play for Dundee and the manager (well I may just settle for the manager)

If this means going back to the chumpionship then so be it. I would rather see a future for DFC than have to look at what we are getting just now. It's a shambles.

Everyone's a winner scooter ... Short, concise & well presented ...  (& the additional bonus freend is, it awe maks guid sense):chaplin:

(well, I may just settle for the manager) :lol2:

And thanks for taking time to respond :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, DeeVinci said:

The biggest problem for me was that McIntyre gave up on the player and he started suggesting that he had to go. Even if Kamara had turned around three games into victory it would have been worth more than £50k, we all could see he was our best midfielder. The shambles of the midfield we have now we should have kept him.

I'll go back further to when we let Hendry go to Celtic, McCann was just getting some consistency going then we sell on our best player, not for millions but for around £500k after paying Wigan, it's been mostly downhill since.

I agree with selling players on for the correct price but caving in every January window sets the club up to struggle every year and as usual us fans suffer along the way.

Hi DeeVinci (Thanks for reponse) ... I didn't want to focus too much on Kamara, but I'm glad you mentioned JM's involvement leading up to his departure.

I either didn't know about this or me & meh auld heid forgot awe aboot the manager's part in this. I know I really shouldn't be bringing this next bit up again.

But the departure of Hemmings & Stewart upset me at the time...And it still rankles. Even if in the circumstances, it could be said, it was really unavoidable

"ll go back further to when we let Hendry go to Celtic, McCann was just getting some consistency going then we sell on our best player, not for millions but

for around £500k after paying Wigan, it's been mostly downhill since"  If this is the way it has to be, then so be it. But DFC shouldnae complain aboot falling

attendances, when at the same time, they are selling on players (cheap) that can offer character/style/skills, that give results, & enhance teamperformance.

4 hours ago, Gedee said:

Talk aboot salt in the wounds ... Aye thanks for the reminder Steven Gerrard :rant:

This thread is no' really aboot Kamara (I've just used him as an example) ... I'm asking the question: Are DFC destined, NEVER to be a force in Scottish Football?

I might be daft, but when I use the word "force" I'm no daft enough to believe in DFC reaching Top Six in Premiership. But the 3 seasons past (basically) trying to

fight oor way oot the the relegation zone ... Is this the kinda future we are noo looking forward to? This disastrous season, we've reached the point of no return !!

As I said I dinnae want to focus on Kamara...Because most will agree, it appeared, he had decided to give up on Dundee & had made up his mind he wanted the

move to Rangers asap (who "generously gifted" DFC £50,000) And then he went on (not at all surprisingly) to do the great stuff, he knew, we knew, Rangers knew,

he was more than capable of. This Topic I'd like to hear views from others (& DFC) What really is our future? Is it (as before) Sell our decent players on & cheap:rant:

Just shows you, this forum knew that before he even left. Well done Stevie G, great to have confirmation that we know our footballers!

IMO our future is, we stay in the SPFL, we win our last 4 games, St Mirren collapse, get thumped by Hamilton 10 -2  and then we beat ICT in the playoffs. A Carlsberg Season and JM gets manager of the month, then is surprisingly sacked by JN.

2 hours ago, BCram said:

Just shows you, this forum knew that before he even left. Well done Stevie G, great to have confirmation that we know our footballers!

IMO our future is, we stay in the SPFL, we win our last 4 games, St Mirren collapse, get thumped by Hamilton 10 -2  and then we beat ICT in the playoffs. A Carlsberg Season and JM gets manager of the month, then is surprisingly sacked by JN.

It was all yes's for me but the last part was a bit too far fetched.

5 hours ago, DeeVinci said:

Kamara worked his move and then downed tools.

Of course Gerrard reckons he was a steal - he was going to get him for nowt at the end of the season. We were as rank rotten with Kamara this season as we've been without him.

I know that McIntyre's tenure has been an utter shitfest but the suggestion that Kamara was the answer when he clearly couldn't give a hoot about us doesn't make sense for me. Sorry mate. 👍

Being a massive liverpool fan I have had nothing but respect and admiration for Steven Gerrard but see since he came up here as a manager.......wow hes an absolute prick of a man. Hes kinda like Neil McCann but with plenty of backing in financial terms. Everything is someone else's fault and the whole Kamara thing has just been a massive slap in the puss to us.

40 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Being a massive liverpool fan I have had nothing but respect and admiration for Steven Gerrard but see since he came up here as a manager.......wow hes an absolute prick of a man. Hes kinda like Neil McCann but with plenty of backing in financial terms. Everything is someone else's fault and the whole Kamara thing has just been a massive slap in the puss to us.

Steven Gerrard has always been a prick and any non Liverpool fan would tell you that.

3 hours ago, BCram said:

Aye that's the rub BC'...That he has got the eye for seeing in a player something, that absolutely no one else was aware of.

Have you (or anyone else) any response freend to other question in the Topic? Is that DFC'S future? We carry on selling cheap?

Many on this  forum wanted him away before the window shut, including  me!  He was no longer interested and could have seen his time out just drifting. Better the money we got than a waste of a wage. I know many who have come in after him or to replace him have also been a waste of space but hindsight is easy to sl*g people off. 

Adblock Detected