Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Fans Meeting

1 hour ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Will nelms take a 50% pay cut given that our income will be seriously effected in the fundisliga?

Hopefully not, but will be re-assigned on 'light duties' within the Keyes domestic empire. 👃

Edited by Dondeh

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 hours ago, Parcbara said:

If nothing comes out, what was the point in having  the meeting? 

Feedback ???

It might not be the feedback that you, I or the guy the row down would give but its still feedback. My concern is how 'cherry picked' the participants would be, although as I've posted before, no point having a bunch of heart on sleeve roasters who just want to ball and shout. 

7 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Feedback ???

It might not be the feedback that you, I or the guy the row down would give but its still feedback. My concern is how 'cherry picked' the participants would be, although as I've posted before, no point having a bunch of heart on sleeve roasters who just want to ball and shout. 

The PR side of it is the issue for me Chomp. I totally get where you're coming from on the need to keep these meetings smaller and maybe a little more 'sober'. However, once word got out that there was going to be fan meetings, then I think that to improve the PR at the club it would have made much more sense to try and convey what the point of the meetings was and then to communicate back to the support the positives that came from the issues raised and discussed. I'd have no issue with Nelms also emphasising what he sees as positives about what FPS have done and their commitment to the club no matter what happens but acknowledging that the support feels completely dissatisfied with where we are would be the first step to improving relations between the support and the board.

At a time where we are trying to shift ST's in the most negative of circumstances a little togetherness and bonding would go a long way to at least giving some sort of optimism for next season. Life is often not what is actually happening and instead what the presentation is. Right now what's happening around the club is negative, while the presentation being given off is that the board don't really care what we think all that much. Improving that now would start next season on a better footing and maybe stem the flow of negativity coming from the support - maybe not but at least trying to look like we are important to them would be a huge step by the current board and certainly something few Dees feel right now.

• Star Post 2

13 minutes ago, barkblue said:

The PR side of it is the issue for me Chomp. I totally get where you're coming from on the need to keep these meetings smaller and maybe a little more 'sober'. However, once word got out that there was going to be fan meetings, then I think that to improve the PR at the club it would have made much more sense to try and convey what the point of the meetings was and then to communicate back to the support the positives that came from the issues raised and discussed. I'd have no issue with Nelms also emphasising what he sees as positives about what FPS have done and their commitment to the club no matter what happens but acknowledging that the support feels completely dissatisfied with where we are would be the first step to improving relations between the support and the board.

At a time where we are trying to shift ST's in the most negative of circumstances a little togetherness and bonding would go a long way to at least giving some sort of optimism for next season. Life is often not what is actually happening and instead what the presentation is. Right now what's happening around the club is negative, while the presentation being given off is that the board don't really care what we think all that much. Improving that now would start next season on a better footing and maybe stem the flow of negativity coming from the support - maybe not but at least trying to look like we are important to them would be a huge step by the current board and certainly something few Dees feel right now.

Spot on.👍

We've had crap football before and coped. It's definitely the PR for me too.

11 minutes ago, barkblue said:

Can't argue with any of that, a lot of fan reaction is down to perception and FPS have been poor at engaging with the fan base and in the absence of engagement we'll make up our own version of events. Its something that I think FPS have handled really poorly leading (rightly or wrongly) to a lot of us feeling disenfranchised from the club. Admittedly, a lot of us were desperate to drop to our knees to nosh off FPS because they were waving their chequebook about and telling us how much they loved us but still, we're an easily swayed emotional lot. 

14 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Can't argue with any of that, a lot of fan reaction is down to perception and FPS have been poor at engaging with the fan base and in the absence of engagement we'll make up our own version of events. Its something that I think FPS have handled really poorly leading (rightly or wrongly) to a lot of us feeling disenfranchised from the club. Admittedly, a lot of us were desperate to drop to our knees to nosh off FPS because they were waving their chequebook about and telling us how much they loved us but still, we're an easily swayed emotional lot. 

Football's an emotional ride for the supporters, so yes, it's all undoubtedly about managing, engaging and then, in all honesty, using that emotion in the best way the club can. FPS have been pretty awful at that right from the off and a lot of the pricing and match day stuff has not just been communicated poorly, but it's been 100% head over heart and that was never going to go down well. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it wouldn't have taken a soothsayer to predict that the current pricing structure and the handling of next season's ST sales was going to seriously rub folk up the wrong way. It might (who knows?) have put more money in the coffers but long term it will result in lower match day income in a variety of ways.

In the cold light of day (and taking off my dark blues specs) that probably comes from FPS coming from a much more business related background. Once you introduce customers who are, in all honesty, the lifeblood of the organisation, then a different form of interaction is required. Yes, having local, passionate, but intelligent voices round them would have helped, but you only have to look through the lower English leagues to see clubs who do this side of things really well and a whole host that do it terribly. It wouldn't have been difficult for FPS to look and understand the benefits of building strong, lasting bridges with the support.

Add in that they made what, in hindsight, were possibly unrealistic, or disadvantageous promises regarding stadiums and the like and it really should have been about involving the support and bringing us along on the journey. A willingness to listen would have let them see the 'once bitten' hindsight we now have ingrained in us and pander to that much more. Instead we've gotten pie in the sky ideas and huge projects that won't mean anything to the support unless they come off (and moving stadium will clearly piss off a handful of long term supporters either way). 

However, you still have to preface all of that with the reality of where we were under fan ownership and the badly handled situation that was beginning to look like under the model of that we had implemented. I voted for FPS not because I was desperate for them to rack up half a mill debt every season and then plug that hole, but because it felt like the ambitions we had under fan ownership were muddied at best and regressive at worst. Add in what seemed to be a revolving door boardroom policy and I hoped to get something more stable. Arguably we have but it is still a long way off where we'd like to be and seems to have slowly gotten worse instead of better.

Sorry for the short story! 😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BCram said:

We don't know what was said. Surely there is not a single Dee who would lie to Nelms and tell him things were fine.

The people at the meeting might have given John Nelms easy questions to answer rather than the obvious questions. 

After all this ‘hand picked’ group of Dundee supporters might be feeling important at being chosen and did not want to rock the boat. 

Adblock Detected