The Dark Blues
islaydarkblue

Latest Crisis To Hit Mv Hebridean Isles Car Ferry

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

HI Gedee,

Once an article has been published on the website of one newspaper it tends to be published on the websites of all the other newspapers expect the Islay community newspaper the Ileach which is only available to read online by a pdf subscription. 

It's a Government Lead (funded) Conspiracy Islay...All very sleekit (imo) Infiltrating the minds of the easily lead, ignorant, & uneducated local population :ph34r:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gedee said:

It's a Government Lead (funded) Conspiracy Islay...All very sleekit (imo) Infiltrating the minds of the easily lead, ignorant, & uneducated local population :ph34r:

I know one thing.

I have not bothered submitting a letter for publication in the tomorrow’s edition as I am too busy posting on the Dundee FC forums. 

30 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

I know one thing.

I have not bothered submitting a letter for publication in the tomorrow’s edition as I am too busy posting on the Dundee FC forums. 

Weel whit is one person's loss, is anither one's gain :bye:

• Funny 4

5 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Weel whit is one person's loss, is anither one's gain :bye:

Hi Gedee,

It will be the readers of the Ileach’s loss. 

On 25/04/2019 at 00:43, islaydarkblue said:

You are not the first person to have remarked about my ability to remember times and dates. 

I can remember exactly when I had my Norovirus as it was an October Saturday evening and I had been watching a Scotland qualifying football match at Hampden on SKY. 

After the game I took to my bed feeling ill. 

I later woke up, went to use my en-suite toilet and collapsed on my way back to my bed. 

My wife phoned NHS 24 and eventually she spoke to the on-call GP on Islay who advised to give me a pint of diluted black current juice containing a tablespoon of sugar and a teaspoon of salt. My GP told my wife that he was reluctant to visit me as there were only three GP’s on Islay that weekend and he did not want to contract Norovirus. The GP gave my wife his direct phone number and that if I did not improve he would call an ambulance to take to Islay Hospital to be hooked up to a drip. 

The next morning the GP as he was finishing the end of his shift phoned my wife to see how I was doing and as I  was slowly improving he told her to ensure that I kept drinking the pints of diluted black current juice with sugar and salt to put fluids back into me. Eventually at about 10.30pm I got up for a cup of coffee and a piece of toast and butter. 

The diluted black current juice containing sugar and salt had a horrible taste but I had to endure it as it was making me better. 

My bout of Norovirus knocked the stuffing out of me and I took a week to fully recover. 

It was the crew on the MV Hebridean Isles who suffered the Norovirus. 

I'm shiting myself every time I watch Scotland too, Islay :D

• Funny 2

Just now, Harold Finch said:

I'm shiting myself every time I watch Scotland too, Islay :D

Hi Harold,

You shiting  yourself watching Scotland and me having Norovirus is somewhat different. 

• Funny 2

Does that mean my long enduring (most uncomfortable) severe case of hay fever has now ben sidelined ... How uncaring :tears:

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 12:05, HK Blues said:

I'm sure she does, Islay, I'm sure she does! 

she must have been skint or tried to get a royal bank loan

• Funny 1

53 minutes ago, Tayportdee said:

she must have been skint or tried to get a royal bank loan

If I was a Royal Bank of Scotland customer with a current account I would be checking it with s fine tooth comb.

Hi Douglas - I'm glad you were only delayed by 2hrs 45mins and avoided shi**ing water for days.

Well done Calmac I say.

• Funny 1

Hi Islay, see your ferry isn't going to be replaced any time soon. the old ones must be working fine!

1 minute ago, BCram said:

Hi Islay, see your ferry isn't going to be replaced any time soon. the old ones must be working fine!

Hi BCram,

Where did you read this information. The Islay Ferry Committee members are not going to be very happy if this is the case. The old ferries are clapped out. 

3 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi BCram,

Where did you read this information. The Islay Ferry Committee members are not going to be very happy if this is the case. The old ferries are clapped out. 

May have misheard a News item on BBC. you better check in case I have not picked up the report correctly. must admit I had been expecting some comment from you, so perhaps I didn't pay close enough attention. In fact if it hadn't been for the Calmac name, and my detailed knowledge of the inefficiencies and inadequacies of the government owned company, gleaned for the pages of TDB Off topic section of the forum, I would yhave probably not even heard the word Calmac.

1 minute ago, BCram said:

May have misheard a News item on BBC. you better check in case I have not picked up the report correctly. must admit I had been expecting some comment from you, so perhaps I didn't pay close enough attention. In fact if it hadn't been for the Calmac name, and my detailed knowledge of the inefficiencies and inadequacies of the government owned company, gleaned for the pages of TDB Off topic section of the forum, I would yhave probably not even heard the word Calmac.

Thanks.

I will carry out a bit of research. I am currently in Dundee and the Islay ferry is not one of my priorities at present.

11 minutes ago, BCram said:

Hi BCram.

This might be the news item that you heard on BBC. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-48280474

I have known about this fiasco since the beginning of September 2017 when I received a tip off from a fellow patient in the RAH why the contract was running hopelessly late back then. 

Unfortunately due to the rules of this forum I will probably not be allowed to post this  information despite it being of ‘public concern’ as ultimately it could affect every person living in Scotland. 

2 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi BCram.

This might be the news item that you heard on BBC. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-48280474

I have known about this fiasco since the beginning of September 2017 when I received a tip off from a fellow patient in the RAH why the contract was running hopelessly late back then. 

Unfortunately due to the rules of this forum I will probably not be allowed to post this  information despite it being of ‘public concern’ as ultimately it could affect every person living in Scotland. 

OK. Don't risk it. Just thought I'd check with you that there was a delay in the replacements, and it would appear that I did hear correctly. Best leave things alone.

8 minutes ago, BCram said:

OK. Don't risk it. Just thought I'd check with you that there was a delay in the replacements, and it would appear that I did hear correctly. Best leave things alone.

If someone mentions it on Facebook I will post my information. I am sure that people will be horrified what has happened resulting in the ferries being hopelessly late for delivery. 

Edited by islaydarkblue
Typo