Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

'No Wonder the Dundee Fans Are Dismayed'

WoodStein

Another excellent Alan Patullo (definitely him, this time!) article, from yesterday's Scotsman.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/alan-pattullo-no-wonder-the-dundee-fans-are-dismayed-1-4914728

Not really full of new revelations to TDB forum readers, perhaps, but a good overview of how on earth we got to this ludicrous position. 

Wee bits that were unknown to me:

• The £50k for Kamara is likely only £25k after paying out to Arsenal & the player's percentage.
  • Martin Woods social media post. 
  • Posibility of no reserve team next season....just youths & first team.

It really reads like a grim tale. [or maybe Grimm?] 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

He has the platform, despite it being the Scotsman which no-one reads, but links via social media and other means lets it reach a wider audience. He has summed up what we feel with a bit extra added in and if it highlights our plight and frustrations its all good for me.

He helped host the Hall of Fame dinner and whilst he may be onside within Dens at least he is not afraid to speak out. Most of us do not have that voice. If he feels he is representing our views then all good.

likely a Dens ban on the way lol!

8 hours ago, WoodStein said:

Another excellent Alan Patullo (definitely him, this time!) article, from yesterday's Scotsman.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/alan-pattullo-no-wonder-the-dundee-fans-are-dismayed-1-4914728

Not really full of new revelations to TDB forum readers, perhaps, but a good overview of how on earth we got to this ludicrous position. 

Wee bits that were unknown to me:

• The £50k for Kamara is likely only £25k after paying out to Arsenal & the player's percentage.
  • Martin Woods social media post. 
  • Posibility of no reserve team next season....just youths & first team.

It really reads like a grim tale. [or maybe Grimm?] 

Hi' Wood ... Thank you for adding link, which to be honest, I probably would have missed.

I think it is a well written article & covers, just about all the disastrous bits of this sad season.

But I agree with Prince (& I imagine a few others). He's been "dobbin" a lot off oor forum here.

We'll tak that as a compliment. Accept this is one disadvantage o' hae too many experts:chaplin:

When problems (basically  listed) I can see why eh (like many others) are depressed & angry :rant:

4 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

That's DCT level journalism, taking things from here and publishing them.

He should have just posted a link to this forum.

This forum doesn't have a monopoly on 'the fans perspective', nor does it represent unique opinions, which you'll probably also find on Mad, and the facebook/twitter forums. There are also plenty of Dundee fans who don't read any of these forums....I know as many who don't read any of them as I do regular readers/posters.

Alan's a lifelong Dee, with similar thoughts & concerns to all of us. He also has relatives & friends in the city, and other contacts that allow him, sometimes, to hear things that would not be found here....like the 3 points I mentioned above.  

There are also plenty of Dundee fans who don't read any of these forums, so if he's prepared to (& allowed to) publish articles that summarise issues likely to be of concern to all DFC fans, and get them to a wider audience, I'm happy he does that.

He is right as well in pointing out the fallacy of getting rid of McCann when the team were beginning to turn things around. It was a bad mistake by the board. I don't believe we would be in this situation if that had not happened. That was a bad misjudgement by Nelms and Co. and we are now suffering as a result. Many will not agree with that sentiment, but many others do. McCann showed in past two seasons that he can motivate players when they are in a backs-to-the-wall situation.

2 hours ago, WoodStein said:

This forum doesn't have a monopoly on 'the fans perspective', nor does it represent unique opinions, which you'll probably also find on Mad, and the facebook/twitter forums. There are also plenty of Dundee fans who don't read any of these forums....I know as many who don't read any of them as I do regular readers/posters.

Alan's a lifelong Dee, with similar thoughts & concerns to all of us. He also has relatives & friends in the city, and other contacts that allow him, sometimes, to hear things that would not be found here....like the 3 points I mentioned above.  

There are also plenty of Dundee fans who don't read any of these forums, so if he's prepared to (& allowed to) publish articles that summarise issues likely to be of concern to all DFC fans, and get them to a wider audience, I'm happy he does that.

Fair enough but the only suggestion I've heard of boycotting the POTY dinner was on here so for me he, his mum, his, brother, his mate or his dog has got that one from here.

2 hours ago, Iain T Campbell said:

He is right as well in pointing out the fallacy of getting rid of McCann when the team were beginning to turn things around. It was a bad mistake by the board. I don't believe we would be in this situation if that had not happened. That was a bad misjudgement by Nelms and Co. and we are now suffering as a result. Many will not agree with that sentiment, but many others do. McCann showed in past two seasons that he can motivate players when they are in a backs-to-the-wall situation.

I thought at the time, it couldnae be allowed to go the way it was under NM....Possibly some good theoretical ideas,.

But it was neither the time or place or right club, to be trying out a New Project (Mind that said, in oor present situation, I probably got that totallY wrong)

5 hours ago, Iain T Campbell said:

I think McCann had to go too. His player purchases and tactics were awful.

5 hours ago, Iain T Campbell said:

McCann's gone, quite deservedly and rightly so.

Nelms' biggest misjudgment was giving the gig to him in the first place.

Let it go, you'll feel better for it in the long run.

Adblock Detected