Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Motherwell V Dundee 27th April 2019

Dondeh

Somebody was telling me during the week that what we have lacked is consistency until I pointed out that we have been consistently getting pumped and turning in consistently piss poor performances.  I agree with Wattie in that a few players are just not putting in a shift and are going through the motions.  I would have thought that senior players would have called them out by now and told them a few home truths.  Noticed McGowan often screaming at O'Sullivan last week though.  Thing is JM is reaping what he has sowed in many ways and doesn't have many options left.  Very interested to see what starting line up he puts out today compared to last week.  I know what my money is on.

tombola.png

• Funny 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
11 hours ago, sandy wynd said:

I would expect some reaction from the fans/media outrage at the piss poor performances recently.  Also when I am at my lowest the team is more likely to surprise on the upside.  But I still expect to be well beaten by a much better and morw professional Motherwell squad

Recently 🤔

Hamilton to get a draw, St Mirren to do likewise and us to lose, so still mathematically still not relegated.

However we have to give this game a go. Bizarrely I’d play 3-5-2 (3-4-1-2) and take the game to mortherwell. If we’re going to go out let’s go out giving it a go. 

Deing

McGowan.     ODea.      Kusunga

Sullivan, Woods, Handious, Ralph

Wright

Nelson.          Curren 

Miller can come on if needed, Robson can replace Wright and if we’re in front with a short period to go then Kerr for Sullivan.

Edited by bjs

9 minutes ago, BCram said:

Very good point. They also had some good cup runs that boosted their turnover considerably. Still benevolent former owners helping financially particularly with the cost of the ground, I think.

Hi BCram,

This season this season they are reaping the benefits of reaching two cup finals during the 2017-18 season.

They have also been been very fortunate selling players for large transfer fees and receiving money from add-ons when formerly players have been sold on. 

From memory one of their former owners wrote off some of his outstanding debts as a result of fund raising by the Well Society Under a ‘double your money’ deal. 

I suggest that you read the annual accounts from the enclosed Companies House website https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC005702/filing-history

paying particular attention to the Business review section at the beginning of the annual accounts for the year ending 31st May 2018. 

In my opinion Motherwell FC is a well run club with a majority fans ownership and innovative ideas. 

Sadly Dundee FC currently appears to be the polar opposite. 

14 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi BCram,

This season this season they are reaping the benefits of reaching two cup finals during the 2017-18 season.

They have also been been very fortunate selling players for large transfer fees and receiving money from add-ons when formerly players have been sold on. 

From memory one of their former owners wrote off some of his outstanding debts as a result of fund raising by the Well Society Under a ‘double your money’ deal. 

I suggest that you read the annual accounts from the enclosed Companies House website https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC005702/filing-history

paying particular attention to the Business review section at the beginning of the annual accounts for the year ending 31st May 2018. 

In my opinion Motherwell FC is a well run club with a majority fans ownership and innovative ideas. 

Sadly Dundee FC currently appears to be the polar opposite. 

Thanks Islay. I'd put in the phrase, at the moment. Selling stars is not a long term business plan as our neighbours demonstrated with their spectacular fall from grace. the cost base is the key to running any business and I think we have considerable problems with our cost base in that the ground costs appear to be high and the players seem to be paid a bit more than their performance levels would seem to justify.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, eyeothedug said:

Yes agree. The Americans have got us into this mess through sheer ignorance and bad management. We deserve better. 

we definitely deserve better but what about McIntrye? He’s been in charge for six months, was backed in January and changed the team and we are worse off and further adrift than when he joined. He had to take a huge portion of blame if we go down. 

He’s seems to get a much easier ride, particularly in the press and I don’t get it 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, KennethRoss said:

we definitely deserve better but what about McIntrye? He’s been in charge for six months, was backed in January and changed the team and we are worse off and further adrift than when he joined. He had to take a huge portion of blame if we go down. 

He’s seems to get a much easier ride, particularly in the press and I don’t get it 

I certainly don't think he's getting an easy ride on here. However, I 100% agree he was brought in to do one thing and that was to keep us up. That looks much less likely now than the day he walked in.

Personally I'd have given him the heave-ho prior to today but surely if we lose and results go against us then he has to go?

If he's still in place for next season then the board really need to have a look at what they're long term planning has been like and would continue to be.

24 minutes ago, KennethRoss said:

Not from me!😅

1 minute ago, KennethRoss said:

Totally agree but I’ll all but guarantee he’ll be in charge July 12th

That's certainly the feeling I get too.

I've said for a long time now that FPS's modus operandi of hiring a manager, allowing him to sign as many players as he wants until it all goes completely wrong and there's absolutely no choice but to then fire him is destined for disaster.

With the atmosphere around the club as it is I'm genuinely fearful of where things might be headed if we don't start next season really well. 

Adblock Detected