Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Americans Please Leave Now....

eyeothedug

31 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

I’m pretty sure that Dundee fans don’t need to read the opinion of some no mark Arab in some tinpot paper to realise that things have gone a bit Pete Tong. 

That article told me absolutely nothing that I didn’t know prior to reading. 

His opinion means nothing to 99.9999999999% of Dundee fans 

Slightly less than that statistically. 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 minute ago, Cobra said:

You want to see constant year-on-year improvement until we're champions of Scotland?

Unfortunately it's impossible for a provincial club to not regress after reaching the top division. You can't compete financially with the top five. You can't retain guys like Stewart, Hemmings, Hendry and Kamara. You're only ever one bad summer of recruitment from relegation. We've had two in a row and we're about to pay for that. That doesn't mean we need to turn on the guy funding our club. We just to do things better and come back stronger.

Disagree. Look at St Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Motherwell. All stable SPL clubs. 

2 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

Disagree. Look at St Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Motherwell. All stable SPL clubs. 

Two of them recently in the relegation play offs after narrowly avoiding bottom spot.

Cobras point is fair IMO. You're always a bad summer window away from putting yourself in real danger.

6 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

Kilmarnock and Motherwell have seen their attendances collapse after countless years of narrowly avoiding the drop. We've done that for the last few years and and it's hit our crowds as well. I think being a yo-yo club might have its advantages.

St Johnstone have done very well over recent years, no doubt helped by having a modern stadium with good facilities. I don't think their fans have enjoyed the last couple of seasons much though. You might say they've regressed a fair bit since their days of finishing in the top four. They've gone on some horrible runs like us and flirted with relegation. I wouldn't be massively surprised to see them go down next season.

Just now, Cobra said:

Kilmarnock and Motherwell have seen their attendances collapse after countless years of narrowly avoiding the drop. We've done that for the last few years and and it's hit our crowds as well. I think being a yo-yo club might have its advantages.

St Johnstone have done very well over recent years, no doubt helped by having a modern stadium with good facilities. I don't think their fans have enjoyed the last couple of seasons much though. You might say they've regressed a fair bit since their days of finishing in the top four. They've gone on some horrible runs like us and flirted with relegation. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go down next season.

Your main point is spot on cobra but it is incredibly dire to give up what you’ve fought so hard to achieve (promotion) . To go down if it happens when I look at the other teams in “bottom 6 “ territory is difficult to take. I got it wholly wrong - I could not see a way we would end up detached at the bottom

Just now, DarkBlueKnight said:

Your main point is spot on cobra but it is incredibly dire to give up what you’ve fought so hard to achieve (promotion) . To go down if it happens when I look at the other teams in “bottom 6 “ territory is difficult to take. I got it wholly wrong - I could not see a way we would end up detached at the bottom

I know what you mean DBK but I won't be shedding any tears about relegation. Since that four-week period when we sold Stewart and Hemmings it feels like everything we've done has been wrong and the Premiership has made us suffer and honestly I've had enough.

What I would love is to go to the Championship for one season, get back to winning games at Dens, get a bit of enthusiasm amonst Dees, have a promotion party at Dens and then have a real go at the top flight like we did in 2014. I'd prefer that to carrying on as we are, staggering from one crisis to another. Obviously things won't go exactly as I hope but I'm ready for the new challenge and looking forward to it.

I am not sure we will come back up that quickly. But if Utd don't go up this year, then we have derbies again. Plus it's a better league than it was.

And yes, more positivity and a chance to win something for once.

Edited by eyeothedug

30 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

I am not sure we will come back up that quickly.

We might not come back quickly but after losing 26 out of our last 36 league games, I no longer think our Premiership status is something of great importance.

If our reputation is taking a battering and the fans are fed-up what's the point in clinging on to the top flight?

We have problems in the boardroom and in the dugout, and survival would probably paper over the cracks and stop us addressing the issues. Hopefully relegation will make us put things right at the club.

1 hour ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

Yeah but do you know the exact specifics of what the Motherwell arrangement is? What assets they have etc?

We have went down that road before and it didn’t work. As cobra pointed out it’s was only the generosity of Bill Colvin that saved us and he isn’t around anymore. 

We have just been relegated, we don’t own our stadium and have not a single saleable asset in our whole squad. The American walkway we would be as well closing the doors. 

Totally disagree, while I wouldn't say I don't care what league we're in, I'll go and watch Dundee in the Juniors if that's the way it pans out. 

I can go to cheaper games than going to watch DFC, in my case I can go to closer games to watch football and I can go to watch better games of football than I see at Dens. As it happens from time to time I've done all of these things as I like watching football but I'm a Dundee fan so I go and watch MY team.

Saying that, I'm still not renewing my ST's for next year. 

11 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Keep the Americans but replace the megalomaniac in charge at Dens - he'll destroy us with his lack of knowledge of Scottish football.

IMO this will not happen. Better to try to strengthen the board. Nelms has shown he can make decisions and has the relationship with Keyes. McIntyre was the experienced manager that had been through the scenario that we faced and he made the change in time for JM to work his magic. It didn't work but that does not seem to me to be JN's fault. 

I know there is concern that JN does not listen but perhaps he will accept additional advice if Tim Keyes thinks it would help.

Adblock Detected