Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Stepping Down

TheDarkBlues

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
27 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Hiya Everyone,

I have been doing this now for 5 years and I actually started this forum after the death of my father as a way to honour his memory... as he was the one one who turned me into a Dark Blues fan for life. However, I have recently been diagnosed with Carpal tunnel syndrome and this is making it harder and harder to keep up with the day to day upkeep of the forum.

I have decided that at the end of the season, I will stand down as the admin of this forum and hopefully bring in a successor to run the forum as it should be. Someone who will take take care of the day to day running of the forum and give it the justices which it deserves.

I would like to thank everyone for their support over the last 5 years, it has been a pleasure and a privilege to have been able to work along side of you all.

This is not the end but merely a different chapter in the history of the dark blues forum.

I will let you know of any further updates in the future,

Kind Regards,

John

what a fantastic job you have done on here, hard work and commitment for the 5 yrs.

a very sad time IMO. dee for life!!!

2 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Hiya Everyone,

I have been doing this now for 5 years and I actually started this forum after the death of my father as a way to honour his memory... as he was the one one who turned me into a Dark Blues fan for life. However, I have recently been diagnosed with Carpal tunnel syndrome and this is making it harder and harder to keep up with the day to day upkeep of the forum.

I have decided that at the end of the season, I will stand down as the admin of this forum and hopefully bring in a successor to run the forum as it should be. Someone who will take take care of the day to day running of the forum and give it the justices which it deserves.

I would like to thank everyone for their support over the last 5 years, it has been a pleasure and a privilege to have been able to work along side of you all.

This is not the end but merely a different chapter in the history of the dark blues forum.

Kind Regards,

John

John, you got my hopes up with the thread title 'Stepping Down'. I thought our pal JM had done the right thing, but you swerved me!

Anyways my thanks to you for giving us Dees a place to vent, commiserate, and very occasionally celebrate!

John very saddened to hear your condition, has forced you into this decision. It goes without saying you will be well missed.

Although I'm sure you will remain forever active, in a less demanding role, as an occasional or frequent poster, if you feel up to it.

Personally, I cant thank you enough for starting the Dark Blue Forum. As an aulder man I was relatively new to forums ... Although

I should acknowledge Dundee Mad, allowed me to dip my toe into the water (before it all got a bit sour & wee bit too much for me)

I was starting to become like an "aimless soul" until your forum came along. Then I thought...At last I've got a fresh audience that

I can force to listen to my exploits with My Prize Tomato Growing in my Long-johns (on limited budget) Still nae pocket money :tears: 

My Good Friend, even if you were in peak condition, the time effort, &  long hours you give on here, were bound to eventually take

toll on your health, general well being & piece of mind. Take care of yourself & family ... Listen oot for "the voices" They help:chaplin:

Very sorry to hear about that diagnosis, John, it's a tough one for someone who's been so involved with IT work, both as career & hobby....but you'll know there are ways to alleviate the symptoms.

Many thanks for the great job you've done here, part of a team who provide us an excellent platform to praise, condemn, discuss, debate, argue & waffle in fairly equal, but very friendly, measures. Your humour, often when dealing with our most 'challenging' opinions :o, will be missed....but perhaps you'll appear occasionally under a different disguise, as one of us humble posters? :) 

5 hours ago, WoodStein said:

...but perhaps you'll appear occasionally under a different disguise, as one of us humble posters? :)

Steady Noo Wood' ... We may awe admit tae being half-daft ... But go easy on this "Humility Stuff" :excited:

18 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Hiya Everyone,

Kind Regards,

John

Sure this is a duplicate thread 🤣

All the best, cheers.

Edited by Dondeh

That is sad news. You should be proud that you've created the first proper message board for a major Scottish football club.

Chatting about DFC before you put this site together was not much fun.

It's been a big commitment though and you deserve a break. Hopefully you'll continue posting.

I remember when you first touted giving Dees a decent place to communicate. That feels like a long time ago now.

Sorry to hear your stepping down John ,you did a great job in setting up this forum its the best platform by a country mile for all things Dark Blue so you should be very proud of yourself . Take care and all the best for the future 👍

Edited by Wackyjim

Adblocker Detected