Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Statement From Steve Martin

Seen this on Facebook so thought I'd share;

It's time a few things were pointed out to us long suffering Dees.

6 years ago today, Bill Colvin (BC) /Scot Gardiner(SG) and I met with Keyes Capital, namely Tim Keyes (TK) and his partners John Nelms (JN) and another party. We had travelled to find out if their interest in the clubs was genuine, this was driven mainly because we, the BOD at that time had identified that an injection of capital was needed, along with investment to keep us afloat, indeed had Tim not invested at that time, we would have had serious financial problems by Christmas.
We liked what we saw and heard and at the end of the following 3 months debates, we, the fans, agreed on the investment.

A lot of good promises were made at the time, 7 year plan, Top 6 club, Revamped Youth Academy, Stadium buy back etc, and John Nelms arrived as Tim's friend and partner to work alongside us at the club, his title was "Director of Football Operations"
IMO the first 3 years worked great with the BOD all involved in decision making, SG had gone by that time and John had taken over as CEO but didn't replace the responsibility of DOF. Mistake #2, I believe was in creating Bill Colvin's leaving, Bill had helped save the club post admin along with us all, lived in London, but was always on hand, his "sin" was that he communicated with the fans.

I assure you that over these years I have never came to the conclusion that my American friends/partners have had anything other than the same wishes as us to see our club flourish, my thoughts are simply that John has taken far too much onto himself, and forgot that he had a BOD, all local experienced businessmen, who now had little or no input into major decisions, that being a big mistake.

My frustrations grew and we had let's call it "operational differences" and I was gone too.
It's difficult uprooting your family to a new life 5000 miles away, but they settled in quickly, John just simply forgot to use the knowledge of his fellow directors, and that's resulted in where we are today.
We do not need Tim, or Keyes Capital, or John Nelms to desert their investment, yes there are a few watching developments, but Tim deserves a chance to see a result on his investment, that can be done, albeit starting off from the Championship again, and if John takes heed and works with the fans, communicates with the fans, is open to advice from fellow directors, existing, or even those who have resigned and are still available to help, and maybe with concentrating solely on our club instead of New Stadium dreams or being an SPFL Director as that doesn't help our club, we can rebuild and literally start again.

Remember, it's a true saying, "be careful what you wish for".
We are where we are and need to stick together, apportioning blame here and there will do us no good, and in this message I am not blaming anyone situation in particular, I am just stating a fact as I am asked loads of questions each day but have refrained from saying much while we were still in the dog fight which seems sadly lost. DTID.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
8 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

my thoughts are simply that John has taken far too much onto himself, and forgot that he had a BOD, all local experienced businessmen, who now had little or no input into major decisions, that being a big mistake.

So, John Nelms' fault we are where we are because he knows best and won't communicate with anyone but.......

9 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

apportioning blame here and there will do us no good

It's John Nelms' fault we are where we are and the buck stops there, we don't need to apportion blame Nelms has already shown us it's all his.

31 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Confirms what we all know really. I guess Steve did not have a NDA or it has expired.

Fresh blood is needed not just the old boys coming back in like Steve himself. He has been within Dens Park since the Dixon days and not a lot has improved since then so there is a degree of culpability on him too.

Steve was taken in by the Americans' bulls**t same as the rest of us were. What they failed to tell us all was that it would be their club, John's toy, and we'd all be ostracised from it.

Steve's a Dee and I doubt he'd have been so keen on the investment if he'd suspected where it was going to end up i.e. with a clueless dictator in charge having driven out all feeling for the cub from the club.

2 hours ago, ersinovski said:

Jas this been edited Greg. As it mentions Mistake #2, but can't see #1.

I'm sure Steve's meaning the bit in bold italics was mistake nr.1....something that's been commented on / suggested here since long before the (way too late) approach to Jeffries to help out NM.

"....his title was Director of Football Operations, IMO the first 3 years worked great with the BOD all involved in decision making, SG had gone by that time and John had taken over as CEO but didn't replace the responsibility of DOF. Mistake #2, I believe....." 

The bit that intrigued me is mistake nr.2 -  ".....creating Bill Colvin's leaving, Bill had helped save the club post admin along with us all, lived in London, but was always on hand, his "sin" was that he communicated with the fans."

Although I believe he was always approachable, and prepared to talk to DFCSS directors, I can't remember Bill being overly outgoing in talking to the fans....or not in a fashion that should in any way contribute to him being 'ousted' from the club board.

48 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Although I believe he was always approachable, and prepared to talk to DFCSS directors, I can't remember Bill being overly outgoing in talking to the fans....or not in a fashion that should in any way contribute to him being 'ousted' from the club board.

Correct. Not my understanding either however Bills naturally communicative and customer centric style may have irked JN. Only JN knows I guess. 

Adblock Detected