Jump to content

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Way Forward (Or Let's Try & do It Right This Time)


troodee1893

Recommended Posts

We are relegated. End of!! So lets move on. I agree very much with EuanG's post "To Be A Dee". I amongst many will stick by the team but what is the way forward? My own personal view is as follows:-

The past season has been one of the worst I have experienced in nearly 60 years as a Dee right up there with some of the worst when languishing in the middle of the second tier of Scottish football over the past 40 odd years. How quickly can we get back up and can we do it right this time and bring some stability to the club? Firstly imo I would not want rid of the Americans assuming they want to stay and assuming that they learn from past mistakes, a big IF I know. The financial implications at least in the short term, until the club reorganises along the lines of say Motherwell financially, are such that back up support from the Americans would be a great help. With their support, the parachute payment from the SPFL and ongoing good/better financial control we will hopefully avoid Admin 3 which I honestly think would be the death of the club. The big question is how we get back to the Premier League and if we can at all. Many have called us a yo-yo club and there is a lot in that but for a long time stuck in the second tier over the past 40 years I wished we had been more yo-yo like. I would love the club to consolidate in the top league but my main aim is financial consolidation and survival even if it takes a few years to recover. What I don't want is more money wasted on a completely revamped squad again filled with crocks, has beens, mercenaries and loan players who don't give a damn. What I would like to see is us signing more home grown younger hungrier players with a sprinkling of seasoned characters who have passion and who can turn out for more than a few games at a time without getting crocked. The Americans may have to fund another sorry loss of funds paying off numpties who should never have been given year long contracts let alone 2/3 year ones. So how do I think we can survive, improve and move towards the stability that we all desire. I know it's a wish list and some of it may be pie in the sky (and much of the following has been mentioned it many other posts) but i'ts what I feel.

1) I cannot for the life of me see how JM can possibly carry on. His signings and tactics or lack of them have been appalling. He quite simply has to go. NOW!!!

2) Take time this time around to try to get the right man for manager. For my money a younger fresher guy but not necessarily a McPake, Kenny Miller first shot at the job type.

3) Get the longed for Director of Football in place to assist Nelms. I think this is a must before recruiting a new manager and allowing him to form a new team of background staff and players.

4) Get rid of as much of the dross from the current squad (you all know the players I mean) keeping say Ralphs, Cammy and Gowser ( imo for the Championship campaign), Ryan McGowan, Robson (maybe) and Nelson if we can hang onto them. Thats all. 

5) Some teams in the past notably Motherwell, ICT and Ross Cty have done very well with loan players. Our experience has been patchy at best and downright disastrous at times. I would like to see an absolute minimum of loan players next season and fill the team with lads desperate to play for our/their own club.

6) A season or two down will not be good but depending who is still in the Championship the away crowds will be reasonable at times. Certainly Arbroath. Partick, Dunfermline, Morton and maybe Raith and of course the DABS (if they stay doon) will bring better away support than Ross Cty Hamilton and the equal of Killie, Motherwell etc. We will of course lose the big Old Firm crowds a huge financial loss but not seeing those moronic 'supporters' for a season or more is slight compensation.The big question is how many of our home support stick with the team even if we are not at the top of the league, at least we should start to win a few more home games. Will our support hang around if the reorganisation (if it takes place) takes a few seasons to come to fruition? I don't know but hope so!

I sincerely hope JM is gone this week allowing as much time as possible to find a replacement to be in place to put together a team for next season in a ordered not panicky last minute fashion. I wouldn't say next season in the Championship will be an adventure or easy or anything like that but we have been there before and survived. I, like EuanG, will be there next season and the next for as long as the club exists and I am able. I would have liked us to stay in the top league and kick on to emulate the Killies, St Johnstone's, and Motherwell who have survived for so long in that division, even Hamilton who manage to stay up despite being crap for seasons. I suppose one consolation is that we are unlikely to have to play them next season despite having a good record against them.

Keep the faith, support!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Agree with a lot of that. To lift the mood, we simply have to punt McIntyre asap. Keeping him is making the atmosphere toxic and will only get worse. We need a fresh start during the summer and this simply won't happen with McIntyre at the helm.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, troodee1893 said:

We are relegated. End of!! So lets move on. I agree very much with EuanG's post "To Be A Dee". I amongst many will stick by the team but what is the way forward? My own personal view is as follows:-

The past season has been one of the worst I have experienced in nearly 60 years as a Dee right up there with some of the worst when languishing in the middle of the second tier of Scottish football over the past 40 odd years. How quickly can we get back up and can we do it right this time and bring some stability to the club? Firstly imo I would not want rid of the Americans assuming they want to stay and assuming that they learn from past mistakes, a big IF I know. The financial implications at least in the short term, until the club reorganises along the lines of say Motherwell financially, are such that back up support from the Americans would be a great help. With their support, the parachute payment from the SPFL and ongoing good/better financial control we will hopefully avoid Admin 3 which I honestly think would be the death of the club. The big question is how we get back to the Premier League and if we can at all. Many have called us a yo-yo club and there is a lot in that but for a long time stuck in the second tier over the past 40 years I wished we had been more yo-yo like. I would love the club to consolidate in the top league but my main aim is financial consolidation and survival even if it takes a few years to recover. What I don't want is more money wasted on a completely revamped squad again filled with crocks, has beens, mercenaries and loan players who don't give a damn. What I would like to see is us signing more home grown younger hungrier players with a sprinkling of seasoned characters who have passion and who can turn out for more than a few games at a time without getting crocked. The Americans may have to fund another sorry loss of funds paying off numpties who should never have been given year long contracts let alone 2/3 year ones. So how do I think we can survive, improve and move towards the stability that we all desire. I know it's a wish list and some of it may be pie in the sky (and much of the following has been mentioned it many other posts) but i'ts what I feel.

1) I cannot for the life of me see how JM can possibly carry on. His signings and tactics or lack of them have been appalling. He quite simply has to go. NOW!!!

2) Take time this time around to try to get the right man for manager. For my money a younger fresher guy but not necessarily a McPake, Kenny Miller first shot at the job type.

3) Get the longed for Director of Football in place to assist Nelms. I think this is a must before recruiting a new manager and allowing him to form a new team of background staff and players.

4) Get rid of as much of the dross from the current squad (you all know the players I mean) keeping say Ralphs, Cammy and Gowser ( imo for the Championship campaign), Ryan McGowan, Robson (maybe) and Nelson if we can hang onto them. Thats all. 

5) Some teams in the past notably Motherwell, ICT and Ross Cty have done very well with loan players. Our experience has been patchy at best and downright disastrous at times. I would like to see an absolute minimum of loan players next season and fill the team with lads desperate to play for our/their own club.

6) A season or two down will not be good but depending who is still in the Championship the away crowds will be reasonable at times. Certainly Arbroath. Partick, Dunfermline, Morton and maybe Raith and of course the DABS (if they stay doon) will bring better away support than Ross Cty Hamilton and the equal of Killie, Motherwell etc. We will of course lose the big Old Firm crowds a huge financial loss but not seeing those moronic 'supporters' for a season or more is slight compensation.The big question is how many of our home support stick with the team even if we are not at the top of the league, at least we should start to win a few more home games. Will our support hang around if the reorganisation (if it takes place) takes a few seasons to come to fruition? I don't know but hope so!

I sincerely hope JM is gone this week allowing as much time as possible to find a replacement to be in place to put together a team for next season in a ordered not panicky last minute fashion. I wouldn't say next season in the Championship will be an adventure or easy or anything like that but we have been there before and survived. I, like EuanG, will be there next season and the next for as long as the club exists and I am able. I would have liked us to stay in the top league and kick on to emulate the Killies, St Johnstone's, and Motherwell who have survived for so long in that division, even Hamilton who manage to stay up despite being crap for seasons. I suppose one consolation is that we are unlikely to have to play them next season despite having a good record against them.

Keep the faith, support!!!

Great post imo. My only slight deviation troodee is that I believed we were consolidating in the top flight 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leadership has to come from the top.Over to you Mr Nelms.I and others have already paid Premier League prices for season tickets so you can at least bring some excitement to the table.Even just engaging with the fans would be a good start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree Jmac has to go and quickly, I also agree that Nelms needs an experienced guy to work alongside him in the boardroom, someone of the caliber of Alex Smith, B Smith or G Strachan.

Another thing is we need to be be careful to get it right but we also need to remind ourselves that the new season comes around quickly.

We need to try and recruit the best players in the championship.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

I agree Jmac has to go and quickly, I also agree that Nelms needs an experienced guy to work alongside him in the boardroom, someone of the caliber of Alex Smith, B Smith or G Strachan.

Another thing is we need to be be careful to get it right but we also need to remind ourselves that the new season comes around quickly.

We need to try and recruit the best players in the championship.

Hopefully there will be some out of contract players who could do a good job for us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

There are some decent ones out there imo. Mcdaid, Spittal, Murdoch, tidser, for example. Alston, Forster and Nicky Devlin might also be available.

I get the feeling Paul Dixon will get a move to someone else in the league if Falkirk do go down. The state of this place will be something else if we offer him a contract!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I get the feeling Paul Dixon will get a move to someone else in the league if Falkirk do go down. The state of this place will be something else if we offer him a contract!

No thanks mate! Christie Elliot, Elliot frear, AJ leitch would be good options though. I'd take Calvin miller back too.

Edited by Wattie Rojas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
×
×
  • Create New...