Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

This Season

charliedee

while it has indeed been a lot of sh*t me and the young lad were sitting yapping about whats went wrong and aff the top o our heads we came up with a few examples of how this season could and should have been a lot better.

Moussa and Hamilton v st mirren..missed pen and keeper thinking he was De Gea lose 2-1

Aberdeen...soft as sh*t penalty....lose 0-1

Hamilton....Mackinnons last minute worldy...draw 1-1

Kilmarnock...boy dives wins penalty...lose 2-1(McCann sacked)

Kilmarnock...miller misses last minute penalty....draw 2-2

Celtic....best defensive performance of the season...ref plays next goal the winner...lose 0-1

I know its all if buts and maybes just a few examples on how our season should have been a million times better than it has ended up.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Over 35 games. We are currently rock bottom and deservedly so.

We are 25 points and 46 goals behind the mighty and newly promoted Livingston.

aye not denying that..we were just sitting yapping on how differently it could have turned out.....if yir aunty had ba's type thing.

We missed all 3 penalties awarded to us-probably lost 5 points-St Mirren away and Kille at home.

The St Mirren one was probably a 6 point swing-I think we were well on top then missed the penalty-they went on to get the 3 points thanks to Hamiltons last minute howler.

Thats 8 points lost on St Mirren on these 2 penalties

24 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

No point singling out a team because you 'deem' that somehow they are more pish than us, Livi have earned their spot by being a tight unit and having a great home record on their astro. I mind right at the start of the season Kenny Miller being on the radio (when with us) and being asked about Livi being relegated and he was adamant that they wouldn't because he'd never been in a dressing room that was as strong as the Livi one. They've earned their place whether you, me or the dockyard cat think they're crap.

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

No point singling out a team because you 'deem' that somehow they are more pish than us, Livi have earned their spot by being a tight unit and having a great home record on their astro. I mind right at the start of the season Kenny Miller being on the radio (when with us) and being asked about Livi being relegated and he was adamant that they wouldn't because he'd never been in a dressing room that was as strong as the Livi one. They've earned their place whether you, me or the dockyard cat think they're crap.

Exactly.

38 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Couldn't reply any better myself, WORSE season I can ever remember and I watched my first game in 1960. Livingston budget is also a Third of ours, says it all really, f**cking ridiculous state of affairs.

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

Livi are where they are mostly because they have a system and unit of players that doesn't change much, if at all, from week to week.  The package is tried and tested and they are effective. In essence they are what is called a 'team'. 😁  We, on the other hand, have been through two managers, two major squad clear outs/changes, involving 5 a side players, good when fit impersonators,  players that no one else really wants and a sprinkling of decent signings.  Owing to this, along with constant team changes and the inability of either manager to find a settled side, we have generally been what is called 'just a collection of individuals'.

We have really got we have deserved so far and as I said the other day this entire debacle began imo at the time of the NM appointment and his recruitment at that time.  I get the distinct feeling that folk are proposing we wipe the slate clean and go through it all again.

23 minutes ago, Attilio said:

Livi are where they are mostly because they have a system and unit of players that doesn't change much, if at all, from week to week.  The package is tried and tested and they are effective. In essence they are what is called a 'team'. 😁  We, on the other hand, have been through two managers, two major squad clear outs/changes, involving 5 a side players, good when fit impersonators,  players that no one else really wants and a sprinkling of decent signings.  Owing to this, along with constant team changes and the inability of either manager to find a settled side, we have generally been what is called 'just a collection of individuals'.

We have really got we have deserved so far and as I said the other day this entire debacle began imo at the time of the NM appointment and his recruitment at that time.  I get the distinct feeling that folk are proposing we wipe the slate clean and go through it all again.

To be fair, Livi have sort of had a mini Deefiant spell to get them here, they were in the doldrums and went with what they had and put the effort into 'what they had'. Its paid off for them but its been an unusual path to relative success.

What I'd like to know about this season is why we took a chance on several guys from the 5th/6th/7th tiers of no-league football in England. You might say it was all down to McCann but he was an international football whose big successes came in attracting Kamara from Arsenal and Hendry from Wigan so it doesn't really make sense that he would risk his reputation on guys from a much lower level.

I'm not trying to absolve McCann of blame. I'm not bothered about his reputation. To be honest I think I probably under-appreciated him as a player. I just wonder about the board's direction on transfers. There was talk about Yordi being a board decision but I'm not sure if that was ever confirmed.

Adblock Detected