Jump to content

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

All Aboard the Derry Rollercoaster


Recommended Posts

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Good post, as usual, Wattie....and I'm sure a lot of us can identify with the content.

I've not reached the scale of 'downer' you've been on, perhaps because I went into 'gradual acceptance of forthcoming pysh' once I discovered JM was NM's replacement as he met 'the criteria' :slaphead: ....but also probably because I didn't experience the extent of 'the session' you clearly had :drinks:  

I agree with your view of the start of next season, and will be one of the many converts from ST to PATG, missing some of the daft re-scheduled games, or OF games if the miracle houdini escape were to happen....but certainly a fair bit to go downhill before 'never again' gets into my thoughts.

Infinity & beyond, eh.... :lol2: .....what a buzz that'll be!

D4L/DTID/etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wattie, If there is going to be more PATG then the queue out of the ticket office within Dundee Direct will be so huge that it will cause traffic congestion problems on the Provie that only Islay will be able to predict accurately. Did Nelms consider this when he announced ST prices before our position was established and did he discuss with Islay before making the announcement? I predict a bigger mess than Brexit and Nelms will be to blame, but also partly Islay because he didn't make him realise the folly of his announcement 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

Wattie, If there is going to be more PATG then the queue out of the ticket office within Dundee Direct will be so huge that it will cause traffic congestion problems on the Provie that only Islay will be able to predict accurately. Did Nelms consider this when he announced ST prices before our position was established and did he discuss with Islay before making the announcement? I predict a bigger mess than Brexit and Nelms will be to blame, but also partly Islay because he didn't make him realise the folly of his announcement 😉

Transport Scotland are surveying traffic flows on Provie Rd as we speak.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WoodStein said:

Good post, as usual, Wattie....and I'm sure a lot of us can identify with the content.

I've not reached the scale of 'downer' you've been on, perhaps because I went into 'gradual acceptance of forthcoming pysh' once I discovered JM was NM's replacement as he met 'the criteria' :slaphead: ....but also probably because I didn't experience the extent of 'the session' you clearly had :drinks:  

I agree with your view of the start of next season, and will be one of the many converts from ST to PATG, missing some of the daft re-scheduled games, or OF games if the miracle houdini escape were to happen....but certainly a fair bit to go downhill before 'never again' gets into my thoughts.

Infinity & beyond, eh.... :lol2: .....what a buzz that'll be!

D4L/DTID/etc

Probably says more about my delusions but up until recently I assumed we'd be in the big league so was looking forward to missing the OF games, its looking like we'll be playing more games on a saturday at 3 PM with the odd game at 1905 on a friday night. More and more cool with being one of the 'little people' who have to queue twice for my tickets. :lol2: It will be a test of my character if nothing else. 

Edit - bloody gifs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Probably says more about my delusions but up until recently I assumed we'd be in the big league so was looking forward to missing the OF games, its looking like we'll be playing more games on a saturday at 3 PM with the odd game at 1905 on a friday night. More and more cool with being one of the 'little people' who have to queue twice for my tickets. :lol2: It will be a test of my character if nothing else. 

Edit - bloody gifs

If we're still getting the ticket system upgrade, I'm anticipating (& I know....I'll likely be disappointed) we might also see the option to 'print at home' appear, and bring those double-queuing woes to an end.

Though, in the championship....the queues will probably be shorter? 

Aye, you're really being constrained by gifgate. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

If we're still getting the ticket system upgrade, I'm anticipating (& I know....I'll likely be disappointed) we might also see the option to 'print at home' appear, and bring those double-queuing woes to an end.

Though, in the championship....the queues will probably be shorter? 

Aye, you're really being constrained by gifgate:)

Sadly I am, every gif I've tried I just get the wee box thing. Its a tragic story really. :tears:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

About a month ago I got quite down about Dundee's terrible form, possibly partly as a result of a heavy session and certainly because of yet another defeat.

My missus asked me why I go if it gets to me that much. My answer was I would have stopped years ago if I didn't care.

Happily I'm feeling much more circumspect about our team now and am actually looking forward to next season in the championship. 

It's been a horrific season on the park and I'll be glad when it's finished however I'm a Dundee fanatic and have been since I was 5 years old (although I didn't go until I was 7). It's a big part of my life, when I get to see my bro, young lad, eldest granddaughter and Derry pals. 

I know there are a lot of folk saying they've had enough but I reckon a few wins early doors and most won't be able to stay away. 

I don't think we'll have as many season ticket holders, especially if they increase prices to planned levels however I think we'll see more patg fans. 

See you all for the remaining games and to infinity and beyond.

DFC, it's in the blood 💙

Stunningly good post - all of this^^^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Double Blue said:

Wattie, If there is going to be more PATG then the queue out of the ticket office within Dundee Direct will be so huge that it will cause traffic congestion problems on the Provie that only Islay will be able to predict accurately. Did Nelms consider this when he announced ST prices before our position was established and did he discuss with Islay before making the announcement? I predict a bigger mess than Brexit and Nelms will be to blame, but also partly Islay because he didn't make him realise the folly of his announcement 😉

Sadly John Nelms did not take the opportunity to discuss with me the possibility of large queues out of the ticket office before home games next season. 

If he had I would have advised him to have cash turnstiles at every stand including the Away fans section and the South Enclosure.

Importantly I would also have advised John Nelms to publicise prior to every home game that cash turnstiles were available at the Main Stand, Bobby Cox Stand, South Enclosure and Bob Shankly Stand for Away supporters. This scenario would solve any possible congestion in the Dundee Direct Office prior to home games and might result in more people deciding to attend home games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
×
×
  • Create New...