The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Wattie Rojas

All Aboard the Derry Rollercoaster

Rate this topic

Good post, as usual, Wattie....and I'm sure a lot of us can identify with the content.

I've not reached the scale of 'downer' you've been on, perhaps because I went into 'gradual acceptance of forthcoming pysh' once I discovered JM was NM's replacement as he met 'the criteria' :slaphead: ....but also probably because I didn't experience the extent of 'the session' you clearly had :drinks:  

I agree with your view of the start of next season, and will be one of the many converts from ST to PATG, missing some of the daft re-scheduled games, or OF games if the miracle houdini escape were to happen....but certainly a fair bit to go downhill before 'never again' gets into my thoughts.

Infinity & beyond, eh.... :lol2: .....what a buzz that'll be!

D4L/DTID/etc

• Funny 1
  • Like 2

Wattie, If there is going to be more PATG then the queue out of the ticket office within Dundee Direct will be so huge that it will cause traffic congestion problems on the Provie that only Islay will be able to predict accurately. Did Nelms consider this when he announced ST prices before our position was established and did he discuss with Islay before making the announcement? I predict a bigger mess than Brexit and Nelms will be to blame, but also partly Islay because he didn't make him realise the folly of his announcement 😉

• Funny 3

8 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

Wattie, If there is going to be more PATG then the queue out of the ticket office within Dundee Direct will be so huge that it will cause traffic congestion problems on the Provie that only Islay will be able to predict accurately. Did Nelms consider this when he announced ST prices before our position was established and did he discuss with Islay before making the announcement? I predict a bigger mess than Brexit and Nelms will be to blame, but also partly Islay because he didn't make him realise the folly of his announcement 😉

Transport Scotland are surveying traffic flows on Provie Rd as we speak.

2 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Transport Scotland are surveying traffic flows on Provie Rd as we speak.

Hopefully they've not taken their eye off the ferries in the meantime. ;)

2 hours ago, WoodStein said:

Good post, as usual, Wattie....and I'm sure a lot of us can identify with the content.

I've not reached the scale of 'downer' you've been on, perhaps because I went into 'gradual acceptance of forthcoming pysh' once I discovered JM was NM's replacement as he met 'the criteria' :slaphead: ....but also probably because I didn't experience the extent of 'the session' you clearly had :drinks:  

I agree with your view of the start of next season, and will be one of the many converts from ST to PATG, missing some of the daft re-scheduled games, or OF games if the miracle houdini escape were to happen....but certainly a fair bit to go downhill before 'never again' gets into my thoughts.

Infinity & beyond, eh.... :lol2: .....what a buzz that'll be!

D4L/DTID/etc

Probably says more about my delusions but up until recently I assumed we'd be in the big league so was looking forward to missing the OF games, its looking like we'll be playing more games on a saturday at 3 PM with the odd game at 1905 on a friday night. More and more cool with being one of the 'little people' who have to queue twice for my tickets. :lol2: It will be a test of my character if nothing else. 

Edit - bloody gifs

24 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Probably says more about my delusions but up until recently I assumed we'd be in the big league so was looking forward to missing the OF games, its looking like we'll be playing more games on a saturday at 3 PM with the odd game at 1905 on a friday night. More and more cool with being one of the 'little people' who have to queue twice for my tickets. :lol2: It will be a test of my character if nothing else. 

Edit - bloody gifs

If we're still getting the ticket system upgrade, I'm anticipating (& I know....I'll likely be disappointed) we might also see the option to 'print at home' appear, and bring those double-queuing woes to an end.

Though, in the championship....the queues will probably be shorter? 

Aye, you're really being constrained by gifgate. :)

8 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

If we're still getting the ticket system upgrade, I'm anticipating (& I know....I'll likely be disappointed) we might also see the option to 'print at home' appear, and bring those double-queuing woes to an end.

Though, in the championship....the queues will probably be shorter? 

Aye, you're really being constrained by gifgate:)

Sadly I am, every gif I've tried I just get the wee box thing. Its a tragic story really. :tears:

5 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

About a month ago I got quite down about Dundee's terrible form, possibly partly as a result of a heavy session and certainly because of yet another defeat.

My missus asked me why I go if it gets to me that much. My answer was I would have stopped years ago if I didn't care.

Happily I'm feeling much more circumspect about our team now and am actually looking forward to next season in the championship. 

It's been a horrific season on the park and I'll be glad when it's finished however I'm a Dundee fanatic and have been since I was 5 years old (although I didn't go until I was 7). It's a big part of my life, when I get to see my bro, young lad, eldest granddaughter and Derry pals. 

I know there are a lot of folk saying they've had enough but I reckon a few wins early doors and most won't be able to stay away. 

I don't think we'll have as many season ticket holders, especially if they increase prices to planned levels however I think we'll see more patg fans. 

See you all for the remaining games and to infinity and beyond.

DFC, it's in the blood 💙

Stunningly good post - all of this^^^

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Double Blue said:

Sadly John Nelms did not take the opportunity to discuss with me the possibility of large queues out of the ticket office before home games next season. 

If he had I would have advised him to have cash turnstiles at every stand including the Away fans section and the South Enclosure.

Importantly I would also have advised John Nelms to publicise prior to every home game that cash turnstiles were available at the Main Stand, Bobby Cox Stand, South Enclosure and Bob Shankly Stand for Away supporters. This scenario would solve any possible congestion in the Dundee Direct Office prior to home games and might result in more people deciding to attend home games. 

• Like 1

@Wattie Rojas you’ve made me cancel golf and choose to go to Dens on Saturday! I’ll probably be cursing you at 4.50pm but as you say it’s in the blood and I ain’t up for a transfusion! 

• Funny 1
  • Like 3

If

2 hours ago, Valentke said:

@Wattie Rojas you’ve made me cancel golf and choose to go to Dens on Saturday! I’ll probably be cursing you at 4.50pm but as you say it’s in the blood and I ain’t up for a transfusion! 

That's the spirit, Kenny!

17 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Hopefully they've not taken their eye off the ferries in the meantime. ;)

Nothing that a freedom of information request via the Illeach and stupid Island wouldn't fix.

• Funny 1

12 hours ago, Sebastiano Nela said:

Nothing that a freedom of information request via the Illeach and stupid Island wouldn't fix.

At present I have no interest in the Calmac ferries as I will be at the Hamilton game tomorrow. 

4 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

At present I have no interest in the Calmac ferries as I will be at the Hamilton game tomorrow. 

I'm all right Jack - poor show Islay!  😉

46 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

HK...I think Islay might appreciate & welcome, that gentle (ever so slightly) sarcastic fun comment.

He's been in the front line of some heavy fire recently, with all the Big Guns pointing in his direction.

It’s certainly not a quiet retirement for Islay. From ferries to car parks he’s got a finger in every pie.

8 minutes ago, Cobra said:

It’s certainly not a quiet retirement for Islay. From ferries to car parks he’s got a finger in every pie.

Steady now Cobra ... There's a lot o' fowk like a guid pie ... (I believe Scott Brothers can be recommended):drool:

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

I assume @islaydarkblue has his sausage roll and pie order in awaiting collection? I expect jn will be wearing a disguise tomorrow to avoid a tirade from the west 

Edited by DarkBlueKnight

24 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

I assume @islaydarkblue has his sausage roll and pie order in awaiting collection? I expect jn will be wearing a disguise tomorrow to avoid a tirade from the west 

Aye DBK

JN should be warned if he finds himself gettin' strange, furtive, agitated looks, fae a mannie wi' steamin' peh in each hand he'd be advised to go in "full flight mode" :jawdrop:

4 hours ago, HK Blues said:

Hi HK Blues,

It will be a good learning curve for the Ileaches as they will have to deal with the matter themselves when we finally return to live in Dundee. 

The local residents can certainly not depend on the members of the Islay Ferry Group to solve their problems as they are worse than useless!

3 hours ago, Cobra said:

Just wait until I really get started. 

55 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Just wait until I really get started. 

What are you waiting for Islay? 

*tin hat on*