Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Leeann Dempster Views & Comments On Gay Players In the Scottish Game

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48123027

The link above will lead you to a short video interview & comment as above topic heading

(Thought her comments were informative, sincere, from the heart, & worth listening/reading)

Especially, short concluding summary itself.  "Follow your instinct and trust in civic society,

because most people are good" 

It would maybe make for a better world methinks, if some of us, could be a bit more tolerant.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Saw the article earlier, G, and agree with your view of it. Despite an improvement, generally, of tolerance in society, she's right to say that it'll still be a brave move by the first male player in Scotland to make that announcement....the terracings are not often a place of tolerance.

For a variety of reasons, our society still seems more prepared to accept (& more comfortable with) gay women in civil partnerships than men.  

It is, though, unfortunate that anyone should feel the need to make any 'announcement' at all, really.....if we're to become a genuinely tolerant & inclusive society, someone should not feel they have to publicly explain that they have a different lifestyle to the majority....and the media shouldn't be highlighting it. If their family, friends & colleagues know & accept it, that should be more than enough.

59 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Saw the article earlier, G, and agree with your view of it. Despite an improvement, generally, of tolerance in society, she's right to say that it'll still be a brave move by the first male player in Scotland to make that announcement....the terracings are not often a place of tolerance.

For a variety of reasons, our society still seems more prepared to accept (& more comfortable with) gay women in civil partnerships than men.  

It is, though, unfortunate that anyone should feel the need to make any 'announcement' at all, really.....if we're to become a genuinely tolerant & inclusive society, someone should not feel they have to publicly explain that they have a different lifestyle to the majority....and the media shouldn't be highlighting it. If their family, friends & colleagues know & accept it, that should be more than enough.

Totally agree with your response above Wood ... Especially the bit I've highlighted.

15 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

That article is a load of bollocks, Justin Fashanu who played with Airdrie & Hearts in the 90's was openly gay

Me being the perceptive kind freend ...  I get a strong feeling the Aricle/Topic was maybe not for you Gnasher :wub:

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Moi Gedee ?

I'm referring to the poor level of journalism these days, the folk that write these articles must be straight out of school  

Okay Gnasher ... Although I didn't see anything wrong with it myself.

I thought the point was well made & if it helps eradicate some sections of bigotry ... Well  that's fine by me:chaplin:

4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

That article is a load of bollocks, Justin Fashanu who played with Airdrie & Hearts in the 90's was openly gay

Did you read the article? Unless they have edited it since you did mate it mentioned fashanu in it

Justin Fashanu is the only openly gay footballer to have played in Scotland's senior men's leagues, having appeared 16 games for Airdrie and a further 11 times for Hearts in 1993 and 1994. He took his own life in 1998.

Someone is bound to come out sooner or later but it will take a big character I suppose. The terraces and stands of football ain't exactly full of deep thinkers, especially for those 90 minutes. I daresay we'll catch up eventually but it will be a long process. Still hear 'poof' getting bandied about for a perceived lightweight tackle scenario from time to time, thankfully less and less. Wasn't that long ago a certain Mr Brewster was roundly abused at Dens for his alleged sexuality.

57 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Someone is bound to come out sooner or later but it will take a big character I suppose. The terraces and stands of football ain't exactly full of deep thinkers, especially for those 90 minutes. I daresay we'll catch up eventually but it will be a long process. Still hear 'poof' getting bandied about for a perceived lightweight tackle scenario from time to time, thankfully less and less. Wasn't that long ago a certain Mr Brewster was roundly abused at Dens for his alleged sexuality.

I met him in Cornwall when I was down there, he was with his wife and kids...............

8 hours ago, chomp my root said:

What, are you saying all those Dees were wrong.......

I for one am shocked. :lol2:

Maybe  Mr Brewster went to one of these modern-thinking "New Fangled Agencies"...

That hire out  a "ready made family for a day or two...To give "thon ains" a bit o respite :ph34r:

But if they are there we'll seek them out (Certainly no' in Islay during the Autumn Season)

Adblock Detected