Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Lest We Forget

Napper

I am suddenly reminded how blind optimism is part of being a football fan... head says we relegated,, but, heart and , oh so much wishful thinking, says win tomorrow and St Mirren loss means game back on.. absolutely nothing based on this season so far , says we will even win another game.. as, it's been stated before.. it's the hope that kills..

Edited by Napper

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

For the sake of sanity and general health & pain...

I'm trying to remain, cool, calm & collected (& accepting of our situation) But if the scenario plays out as above Napper ... Jings we're awa again :excited:

8 hours ago, Napper said:

I am suddenly reminded how blind optimism is part of being a football fan... head says we relegated,, but, heart and , oh so much wishful thinking, says win tomorrow and St Mirren loss means game back on.. absolutely nothing based on this season so far , says we will even win another game.. as, it's been stated before.. it's the hope that kills..

I left blind faith behind a few weeks back Napper.  Stark realisation of our capabilities, or lack of them, has almost got me looking forward to the Championship again.  Some of our recent time in the lower league often seemed like complete pish but in hindsight was maybe nearer nirvana compared with the last couple of seasons. Can't see St Mirren slipping up at home vs Hamilton even if they get beaten by Motherwell.

4 minutes ago, Attilio said:

I left blind faith behind a few weeks back Napper.  Stark realisation of our capabilities, or lack of them, has almost got me looking forward to the Championship again.  Some of our recent time in the lower league often seemed like complete pish but in hindsight was maybe nearer nirvana compared with the last couple of seasons. Can't see St Mirren slipping up at home vs Hamilton even if they get beaten by Motherwell.

Our last home win was against Hamilton. Our last away win was at Livi. Those are our next two fixtures.

St Mirren haven't beat Accies this season and were thumped 3-1 at home by them in December. Saints have already lost twice to Motherwell.

It feels like we're as good as down but Dundee taking six points from the next two and St Mirren taking one point doesn't seem massively unlikely.

36 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Our last home win was against Hamilton. Our last away win was at Livi. Those are our next two fixtures.

St Mirren haven't beat Accies this season and were thumped 3-1 at home by them in December. Saints have already lost twice to Motherwell.

It feels like we're as good as down but Dundee taking six points from the next two and St Mirren taking one point doesn't seem massively unlikely.

The problem is Cobra there are to many ifs and buts, I really can’t see anyway back for us.

If any other team was in our position we would all be very confident that they would be relegated.

its like Napper says it our hearts ruling our heads.

Just now, gblue said:

The problem is Cobra there are to many ifs and buts, I really can’t see anyway back for us.

If any other team was in our position we would all be very confident that they would be relegated.

its like Napper says it our hearts ruling our heads.

I agree gblue but if Dundee and Motherwell win today there will be a chink of light.

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

Good to see him back, the old optimistic Cobra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny things do happen in football. That is why it is such an intriguing game. If we do win today and St.Mirren lose then anything is possible. Our focus will be on getting another two wins and St.Mirren will be in the horrible situation where they don't know whether they should stick or twist. The worst about today is Hamilton will do all they can to stop us playing and they are adept at it as we know to our cost. However they have only taken 1 point of us all season so we should have confidence approaching the game. If we win and Saints lose then there is all to play for.

24 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

Funny things do happen in football. That is why it is such an intriguing game. If we do win today and St.Mirren lose then anything is possible. Our focus will be on getting another two wins and St.Mirren will be in the horrible situation where they don't know whether they should stick or twist. The worst about today is Hamilton will do all they can to stop us playing and they are adept at it as we know to our cost. However they have only taken 1 point of us all season so we should have confidence approaching the game. If we win and Saints lose then there is all to play for.

If we were to win today Accies would be starting to sweat too. Lose to us and Saint M next week and they could be playing to stay up on the final day too. 

Sadly I think it will all be over by 450pm today. 

Adblock Detected