Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Relegated Today

TheDarkBlues

Totally deserved and we can have no qualms about how we got there.  Honestly, it looked like it was going to happen from day one of the start of the season when we were finding it hard to beat lower league opposition. McCann may have started this, but by God McIntyre truly hammered the nails firm with his team selections, substitutions and tactics. Absolutely terrible in every way.

Like a lot of the fans, I was more or less resigned to the fact that we were going down, and there has been no big shock, no heart break but just numbness to this whole pitiful season.

What's next? Hopefully we show McIntrye the door and give who ever comes in time to rebuild for next season. I also hope that we just don't kneejerk into the next appointment and give due consideration to all applications.

DDYB!

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 minute ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Totally deserved and we can have no qualms about how we got there.  Honestly, it looked like it was going to happen from day one of the start of the season when we were finding it hard to beat lower league opposition. McCann may have started this, but by God McIntyre truly hammered the nails firm with his team selections, substitutions and tactics. Absolutely terrible in every way.

Like a lot of the fans, I was more or less resigned to the fact that we were going down, and there has been no big shock, no heart break but just numbness to this whole pitiful season.

What's next? Hopefully we show McIntrye the door and give who ever comes in time to rebuild for next season. I also hope that we just don't kneejerk into the next appointment and give due consideration to all applications.

DDYB!

Agreed.

• Get JM away to feck tonight.
  • Appoint an interim Management team for final 2 games.
  • Appoint a new Manager by mid June.

I shed a tear in 2005, was disappointed in 2013 (after the fight the team put in towards the end) but today I had zero emotion. I could barely muster enough energy to be angry - although I did join in with the "sacked in the morning" and "ten in a row" chants. Something I never thought I'd see myself do towards a Dundee FC manager.

McPake in the dugout for next week and the St Mirren game, then a full and proper recruitment process for a new manager in plenty time for the Betfred group games. 

1 minute ago, markthedee said:

I shed a tear in 2005, was disappointed in 2013 (after the fight the team put in towards the end) but today I had zero emotion. I could barely muster enough energy to be angry - although I did join in with the "sacked in the morning" and "ten in a row" chants. Something I never thought I'd see myself do towards a Dundee FC manager.

McPake in the dugout for next week and the St Mirren game, then a full and proper recruitment process for a new manager in plenty time for the Betfred group games. 

Be absolutely typical if the club does take your advice and we thrash Livi and St Mirren.

1 minute ago, markthedee said:

I was the same. Almost total apathy amongst the support which is worrying. Punting McIntyre might help improve the atmosphere for the St Mirren game. 

Does anybody remember a season like that?

I thought we'd maybe get out of it when we recruited and looked good at Tynecastle but it's been pretty miserable from start to finish.

Kernaghan was a bad year but at least a few good youth players come through and we had a bit of income from the cup, we were also projected to really struggle post admin.

2 minutes ago, an-dee said:

I was the same. Almost total apathy amongst the support which is worrying. Punting McIntyre might help improve the atmosphere for the St Mirren game. 

I wouldn’t call chanting “sacked in the morning “ and “ydab” total apathy. Fairly clear message given there I’d say.

1 minute ago, johan scott said:

I wouldn’t call chanting “sacked in the morning “ and “ydab” total apathy. Fairly clear message given there I’d say.

There were some chants but I’ve heard a lot worse. More just waking out than chanting IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Deestruction said:

That cripples a new manager, majority of business by clubs completed and he's getting in the door.

Okay. Start of June then.

Was only giving the BoD/Nelms a month to conduct due diligence on advertising and holding interviews etc. 

40 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

DDYB!

We firstly should sack McIntyre then Nelms should admit we need someone to overhaul the football side of the club.

Put out an official request for applicants to apply for a Director of Football. Nelms can try a new concept to him called due diligence and then employ the correct man.

Then we can look for a proper Manager to get us back to the big league and with the experience of DOF and the Manager we hopefully give us a good grounding for a challenge at the League next season.

Edited by StobbieDee

Adblocker Detected