Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

John Nelms

I think the problem is that nobody replaced Colvin in the boardroom. There appears to be nobody with influence and knowledge to challenge Nelms.

When you have only one powerful person at a club, reckless and baffling decisions can do real damage to the club. We saw it with Peter Marr and arguably we've seen that in the last couple of years with Nelms.

Nothing from the recent club statement suggests we're going to change things in the boardroom so I'm not overly optimistic about what'll happen if McIntyre is binned in the coming weeks.

• Like 3

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I think the problem is that nobody replaced Colvin in the boardroom. There appears to be nobody with influence and knowledge to challenge Nelms.

When you have only one powerful person at a club, reckless and baffling decisions can do real damage to the club. We saw it with Peter Marr and arguably we've seen that in the last couple of years with Nelms.

Nothing from the recent club statement suggests we're going to change things in the boardroom so I'm not overly optimistic about what'll happen if McIntyre is binned in the coming weeks.

Hi Cobra,

I think that you have ‘hit the nail on the head’ and I understand that there are now only two or three board of directors meetings per year. I would assume in the past that there was a board of directors meeting every month with the manager in attendance to explain how things are performing on the pitch and what he plans he had in place if things were going badly. 

Now that does not appear to happen with the disastrous results this season culminating in relegation to the Championship.

• Star Post 1

Ok Nelms was wrong hire McCann... but, even though McIntyre was a deeply uninspiring appointment, most of us thought he'd manage to organise a team and take us to third bottom mediocrity... no matter how shyte anyone thought Mcintyre was as a manger, few would have bet on a ten game losing run..As I said, I wasn't inspired by McIntyre jing the club, but, at the time, it seemed that Nelms had chosen a dull, but fairly safe pair of hands to take the helm... that didn't come to pass, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but it was hardly a left field appointment.... I didn't work out in disastrous manner, so, the first right decision Nelms has to make tonight, is to sack the manager.. and advertise the post.. see who applies... st Mirren and Hamilton appointed guys with a lot less experience than McIntyre yet that seemed to have worked out for them... seems to me, it's a bit of a lottery who will or won't work out as manager... all I can say is, just get someone in who's got a bit of experience and a decent track record.. no projects or experiments, just some straightforward person who doesn't overcomplicate, change the line up, or formation,l every fecking week...suerely it can't be that hard to find a candidate who fits that bill...

• Like 2
  • Star Post 5

For me the club are culpable for this on various levels.

The players - Simply not good enough and it was clear to see that there’s a handful in our current squad who are not overly bothered about being relegated. I can count on one hand those who looked like they care, and have a few digits spare.

The management team(s)- Team selection / game management and tactics on a weekly basis. They did not get the best out of the squad(s) we had / have this season. Also their recruitment of the above players. 

The senior management - Taking little advice from those with a greater knowledge of the game in Scotland and appointing management teams in what seems to be rushed and hashed manners. Remaining stubborn and ultimately being divisive in their manner with fans especially.

No single person can be blamed, but it’s cunulative errors and mismanagement and under performance.

As a support we need to get our heads around the fact that we are not a club that can challenge for the top 6, and set our expectations against the other clubs around us on merit and not what we / they done way back when.

43 minutes ago, Deeteck said:

I do Not Understand How you can Say that Nelms Appointed both McCann and the Present incumbent Manager So he can not be Held Accountable for The Action that he has Taken when Both were Appointed and no one else was asked  to Apply for the Position Nelms Chased McCann and Got His Man Did He Advertise The Post No This Board are a Joke and Must GO Full Stop.

You seem to be saying that it is the chief executives fault that we have been relegated.  Would you say that for every team that have performed badly?

36 minutes ago, Napper said:

Ok Nelms was wrong hire McCann... but, even though McIntyre was a deeply uninspiring appointment, most of us thought he'd manage to organise a team and take us to third bottom mediocrity... no matter how shyte anyone thought Mcintyre was as a manger, few would have bet on a ten game losing run..As I said, I wasn't inspired by McIntyre jing the club, but, at the time, it seemed that Nelms had chosen a dull, but fairly safe pair of hands to take the helm... that didn't come to pass, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but it was hardly a left field appointment.... I didn't work out in disastrous manner, so, the first right decision Nelms has to make tonight, is to sack the manager.. and advertise the post.. see who applies... st Mirren and Hamilton appointed guys with a lot less experience than McIntyre yet that seemed to have worked out for them... seems to me, it's a bit of a lottery who will or won't work out as manager... all I can say is, just get someone in who's got a bit of experience and a decent track record.. no projects or experiments, just some straightforward person who doesn't overcomplicate, change the line up, or formation,l every fecking week...suerely it can't be that hard to find a candidate who fits that bill...

We need to see the names on the back of your envelope, Napper.

1 hour ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I don't blame Nelms or Keyes for what has happened.... McIntrye was backed from the moment he got in the door, and it was his decisions, tactics and subs which got us relegated.

That's completely illogical...Of course Nelms has to shoulder most of the blame. Also did you read what Steve Martin said?

• Star Post 2

55 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi Cobra,

I think that you have ‘hit the nail on the head’ and I understand that there are now only two or three board of directors meetings per year. I would assume in the past that there was a board of directors meeting every month with the manager in attendance to explain how things are performing on the pitch and what he plans he had in place if things were going badly. 

Now that does not appear to happen with the disastrous results this season culminating in relegation to the Championship.

Agree...

Adblock Detected