Jump to content
The Dark Blues
Guest

Season 19/20 - Championship Rivals

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Guest

Lots of clubs already preparing for next season and I do appreciate we still have two weeks to go, but I do hope we sack McIntyre sooner rather than later and don't wait until 20 May to sack him. Planning should begin today for the Championship.  Anyway I will try and keep this thread updated with the comings and goings of the teams we might face next season. 

-Dundee IN: Josh Todd. 

- Dunfermline OUT: Robbie Muirhead, Mark Durnan, Lee Robinson, Sean Murdoch, Ryan Williamson, Kallum Higginbotham, Louis Longridge, Aidan Connolly and Brandon Luke.

- Dundee United OUT: Morgaro Gomis, Fraser Fyvie and Aidan Nesbitt.

-Morton - CEO axed, Manager Jonatan Johansson and Assistant Peter Houston sacked. 

-Queen of the South new management team - Allan Johnston and Sandy Clark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going to guess that we won’t be able to get rid of McIntyre until the season is officially over. Read that Woods would have a got a new contract if we stayed up but with relegation he’s free to go, I wonder if there’s the same clause in McIntyres contract in that if we got relegated (which we obviously are) the club can part ways with him at no cost, hence why we’re into Monday and he’s still in charge as the clause kicks in at the end of the season.

Edited by bjs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bjs said:

I’m going to guess that we won’t be able to get rid of McIntyre until the season is officially over. Read that Woods would have a got a new contract if we stayed up but with relegation he’s free to go, I wonder if there’s the same clause in McIntyres contract in that if we got relegated (which we obviously are) the club can part ways with him at no cost, hence why we’re into Monday and he’s still in charge as the clause kicks in at the end of the season.

In that case, I doubt he'd really want to be here if he's getting punted in a couple of weeks. I'm sure he'd be happy to step aside now and go on an early holiday if he was being paid for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a wee rumour that Scott McDonald is heading back to Australia and they may be signing Kenny Miller to replace him.

As it stands, this is the squad we have heading into next season. All ages are as of 1st August 2019 as an arbitrary marker. Included players who have made an appearance for us.

Signed Up

Goalkeepers

#1: Jack Hamilton (25) - May 2021

#38: Calum Ferrie (21) - status uncertain but not on the release list

Defenders

#3: Nathan Ralph (26) - May 2020

#14: Andrew Davies (34) - May 2020

#24: Josh Meekings (26) - May 2020

#44: Kerr Waddell (21) - status uncertain but not on the release list

Midfielders

#18: Paul McGowan (31) - contract expiring this summer but there is an option for a renewal

#45: Callum Moore (19) - May 2021

Strikers

#20: Kenny Miller (39) - May 2020

#21: Andrew Nelson (21) - May 2021

#23: Craig Curran (29) - May 2021

Out of Contract/Released

Goalkeepers

#12: Elliott Parish (27)

#31: Seny Dieng (23) - Loan from QPR where contract status is uncertain

#31: Kyle Gourlay (20) - Released

Defenders

#2 Cammy Kerr (22) 

#5: Genseric Kusunga (30)

#16: Ryan McGowan (28) - Loan from Bradford where he is out of contract

#21: Darren O'Dea (31)

#25: Dan Jefferies (20) - released

#29: James Horsfield (22) - Loan from Scunthorpe where he has another year on his deal

Midfielders

#4: Martin Woods (32)

#: James Vincent (29)

#8: Ethan Robson (20) - Loan from Sunderland where he is out of contract

#10: Scott Wright (20) - Loan from Aberdeen where he has two years left on his deal

#17: Andy Dales (23) - Loan from Scunthorpe where he has another year on his deal

#27: Jesse Curran (21)

#28: Andreas Hadenius (27) - Loan from Halmstads BK where he has 18 months left on his deal

#7: John O'Sullivan (24) - Loan from Blackpool where he is out of contract

#47: Jack Lambert (20) released

Strikers

#: Cedwyn Scott (20) - released

#: Matt Henvey (19) - released

#: Faissal El Bakhtaoui (26)

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GregTeamDee said:

Lots of clubs already preparing for next season and I do appreciate we still have two weeks to go, but I do hope we sack McIntyre sooner rather than later and don't wait until 20 May to sack him. Planning should begin today for the Championship.  Anyway I will try and keep this thread updated with the comings and goings of the teams we might face next season. 

-Dundee IN: Josh Todd. 

- Dunfermline OUT: Robbie Muirhead, Mark Durnan, Lee Robinson, Sean Murdoch, Ryan Williamson, Kallum Higginbotham, Louis Longridge, Aidan Connolly and Brandon Luke.

- Dundee United OUT: Morgaro Gomis, Fraser Fyvie and Aidan Nesbitt.

-Morton - CEO axed, Manager Jonatan Johansson and Assistant Peter Houston sacked. 

-Queen of the South new management team - Allan Johnston and Sandy Clark

Good idea this. Could a mod maybe pin this thread so it doesn't disappear through the close season? (and maybe unpin the 18/19 loan player and locked transfer window threads?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, barkblue said:

Good idea this. Could a mod maybe pin this thread so it doesn't disappear through the close season? (and maybe unpin the 18/19 loan player and locked transfer window threads?)

Good idea, I've done some housekeeping and added a thread for transfer rumours and the contract status of our threads. I realised I was hijacking the thread as Greg intended to post about our divisional rivals.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Good idea, I've done some housekeeping and added a thread for transfer rumours and the contract status of our threads. I realised I was hijacking my thread as Greg intended to post about our divisional rivals.

Thanks harry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GregTeamDee said:

- Dunfermline OUT: Robbie Muirhead, Mark Durnan, Lee Robinson, Sean Murdoch, Ryan Williamson, Kallum Higginbotham, Louis Longridge, Aidan Connolly and Brandon Luke.

Just noticed this one, quite a shock that he's been released. He was a brilliant prospect a wee while back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

El Bakhtaoui is out of contract. He signed a 3-year deal at the start of 2016-17. 

I'd actually forgotten he was still our player and only out on loan at Dunfermline. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, markthedee said:

El Bakhtaoui is out of contract. He signed a 3-year deal at the start of 2016-17. 

I'd actually forgotten he was still our player and only out on loan at Dunfermline. 

From what I have read, the Dunfy fans are not than enamoured by him any more and would like to see shot of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

From what I have read, the Dunfy fans are not than enamoured by him any more and would like to see shot of him.

1st Division seems to be his level. I did like some of his play though but he just didn't seem relaxed or confident enough at our level...which is of course lower now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GregTeamDee said:

Morton - CEO axed, Manager Jonatan Johansson and Assistant Peter Houston sacked. 

There’s our new forward line right there..

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

-Scott McDonald is set to sign for Australian A-League's new side Western United after leaving Partick Thistle.

-Darren O'Dea retires from playing when his contract is up at the end of the season. 

 

-Dundee IN: Josh Todd. Dundee OUT: O'Dea.   

- Dunfermline OUT: Robbie Muirhead, Mark Durnan, Lee Robinson, Sean Murdoch, Ryan Williamson, Kallum Higginbotham, Louis Longridge, Aidan Connolly and Brandon Luke.

- Dundee United OUT: Morgaro Gomis, Fraser Fyvie and Aidan Nesbitt.

-Partick Thistle OUT: Scott McDonald. 

-Morton - CEO axed, Manager Jonatan Johansson and Assistant Peter Houston sacked. 

-Queen of the South new management team - Allan Johnston and Sandy Clark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Morton have just appointed Dave MacKinnon as Chief Executive

 

-Dundee IN: Josh Todd. Dundee OUT: O'Dea.   

- Dunfermline OUT: Robbie Muirhead, Mark Durnan, Lee Robinson, Sean Murdoch, Ryan Williamson, Kallum Higginbotham, Louis Longridge, Aidan Connolly and Brandon Luke.

- Dundee United OUT: Morgaro Gomis, Fraser Fyvie, Aidan Nesbitt, William Edjenguele, Billy King, Stewart Murdoch, Thomas Scobbie and Lewis Toshney

-Partick Thistle OUT: Scott McDonald. 

-Morton - CEO axed, Manager Jonatan Johansson and Assistant Peter Houston sacked. Morton hire Dave McKinnon as CEO

-Queen of the South new management team - Allan Johnston and Sandy Clark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GregTeamDee said:

Morton have just appointed Dave MacKinnon as Chief Executive

DM was someone who might have been a good option for us, worked here for a couple of years & was well regarded....very experienced and an interesting guy to talk to about the game. He's been on the Hamilton (his home town?) board for a few years.

However....if we do ever go down the DoF route, there must be a good number of potential candidates around who have no previous DFC history, and who could assist our Board, and also act as mentor in some aspects of our management team's role(s).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Partick Thistle  confirm that Kris Doolan has left the club. 

 

- Dundee IN: Josh Todd. Dundee OUT: O'Dea.   

- Dunfermline OUT: Robbie Muirhead, Mark Durnan, Lee Robinson, Sean Murdoch, Ryan Williamson, Kallum Higginbotham, Louis Longridge, Aidan Connolly and Brandon Luke.

- Dundee United OUT: Morgaro Gomis, Fraser Fyvie, Aidan Nesbitt, William Edjenguele, Billy King, Stewart Murdoch, Thomas Scobbie and Lewis Toshney

-Partick Thistle OUT: Kris Doolan,  Scott McDonald. 

-Morton - CEO axed, Manager Jonatan Johansson and Assistant Peter Houston sacked. Morton hire Dave McKinnon as CEO

-Queen of the South new management team - Allan Johnston and Sandy Clark

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GregTeamDee said:

Partick Thistle  confirm that Kris Doolan has left the club. 

 

- Dundee IN: Josh Todd. Dundee OUT: O'Dea.   

- Dunfermline OUT: Robbie Muirhead, Mark Durnan, Lee Robinson, Sean Murdoch, Ryan Williamson, Kallum Higginbotham, Louis Longridge, Aidan Connolly and Brandon Luke.

- Dundee United OUT: Morgaro Gomis, Fraser Fyvie, Aidan Nesbitt, William Edjenguele, Billy King, Stewart Murdoch, Thomas Scobbie and Lewis Toshney

-Partick Thistle OUT: Kris Doolan,  Scott McDonald. 

-Morton - CEO axed, Manager Jonatan Johansson and Assistant Peter Houston sacked. Morton hire Dave McKinnon as CEO

-Queen of the South new management team - Allan Johnston and Sandy Clark

 

Apart from United the season has ended for the players of the other teams who have been released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumours that ICT are about to sell Donaldson and doran. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Rumours that ICT are about to sell Donaldson and doran. 

There’s been strong rumours in the highlands for the last two to three weeks that they’ve both signed for Ross County but it’s been agreed not to announce until ICT playoffs are completed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

-Arbroath OUT: Ryan Wallace, Danny Denholm. 

- Dundee IN: Josh Todd. Dundee OUT: O'Dea.   

- Dunfermline OUT: Robbie Muirhead, Mark Durnan, Lee Robinson, Sean Murdoch, Ryan Williamson, Kallum Higginbotham, Louis Longridge, Aidan Connolly and Brandon Luke.

- Dundee United OUT: Morgaro Gomis, Fraser Fyvie, Aidan Nesbitt, William Edjenguele, Billy King, Stewart Murdoch, Thomas Scobbie and Lewis Toshney.

                              IN Mark Reynolds (Aberdeen), Liam Smith (Ayr). 

-Inverness IN: James Keatings. 

-Partick Thistle OUT: Kris Doolan,  Scott McDonald, Christie Elliott. 

-Morton - CEO axed, Manager Jonatan Johansson &Assistant Peter Houston sacked. Morton hire Dave McKinnon as CEO. Jake Iredale to Carlisle. 

-Queen of the South new management team - Allan Johnston and Sandy Clark

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.