The Dark Blues
GregTeamDee

Season 19/20 - Championship Rivals

Rate this topic

I don't understand the folk who say 'f**k United' and 'I don't care about their results' etc, they are our biggest rivals and favourites for the title so it's only natural to keep a close eye on their results.

A lot of folk watch the Arabs games through blue tinted glasses, they have won their opening two games comfortably and IF they beat the Pars and get a result in the derby I would be worried, very worried.

They have the hardest set of first 5 fixtures out of all the front runners and if they win them all then it wont look good for the rest of the league also the fact that they are still trying to add to the squad they already have.

As another poster said, anyone finishing above them will win the league imo.

Edited by Head Shaker
  • Funny 1
  • Star Post 1

32 minutes ago, Head Shaker said:

I don't understand the folk who say 'f**k United' and 'I don't care about their results' etc, they are our biggest rivals and favourites for the title so it's only natural to keep a close eye on their results.

A lot of folk watch the Arabs games through blue tinted glasses, they have won their opening two games comfortably and IF they beat the Pars and get a result in the derby I would be worried, very worried.

They have the hardest set of first 5 fixtures out of all the front runners and if they win them all then it wont look good for the rest of the league also the fact that they are still trying to add to the squad they already have.

As another poster said, anyone finishing above them will win the league imo.

There's paying attention to our rivals results and form and then there's one in ten posts being about them... 😉 

12 minutes ago, barkblue said:

There's paying attention to our rivals results and form and then there's one in ten posts being about them... 😉 

Nobody really seemed to mind it happening on the forum when we were the league above and they were failing to get out of the Championship. 

I find it a bit hypocritical - and have said as much before - that when we actually should be paying attention to them and talking about them, folk are sneering at posts. (Not you specifically, Bark. I'm just using your post to quote) 

• Like 2

I find it quite easy to concentrate on ourselves as well as laughing/mocking/ripping the pish out of United, or just interested at how our City and league rivals are fairing 

It's easy to do and will have zero impact on the outcome on how the league will end up at the end of the season 

26 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Nobody really seemed to mind it happening on the forum when we were the league above and they were failing to get out of the Championship. 

I find it a bit hypocritical - and have said as much before - that when we actually should be paying attention to them and talking about them, folk are sneering at posts. (Not you specifically, Bark. I'm just using your post to quote) 

It's more the fearful lauding tone of recent weeks that I kind of despair at. It seems suddenly they are world beaters in some Dee's eyes. The Championship Rivals thread is a good place to discuss them and others, but United (he says joining in! 🙂 ) are now mentioned in just about every thread on here! Keep The Dark Blues pure! 😉 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I know one of the guys personally who has been quite dominant on here with his views re posting about Utd. He's a good guy in person who just doesn't entertain anything dayglo and hasn't for as long as I've known him. Each to their own I suppose but it doesn't really matter what Utd do if we do our jobs correctly. I suppose people are just saying that it's a Dee forum and that's what we should focus on. There were a Dee related post or two on here last night that were removed because they didn't directly comment on that particular threads topic. They were still loosely related but they were still removed. We tolerate countless dab references though. With us being in the same league it's maybe tempting fate to poke fun at them with so much at stake and with them having the opportunity to rub our  noses in it.

19 hours ago, barkblue said:

Absolutely this. The obsession with what's happening across the road is doing my head in. 

Everyone is talking about us watching what they are doing. Guarantee they will be looking at one result at full time, ours.

• Like 2

Have to say I wasn't a big fan of the doom and gloom posts following their scrappy win at Firhill. They didn't exactly put the fear of God into me with a Man City-type swagger. They've got six points out of six and still have 102 points to play for. I think I'll wait until at least after the derby before worrying that the Untouchables are going to have the title sewn up by Christmas.

Back in the 80s the papers didn't bother publishing tables in the opening weeks of the season because it was too early to be worth worrying about. Now we have Dees talking about our very first home game being must-win.

• Star Post 4

looking on twitter over the weekend, uniteds fans are an even bigger bunch of moaning cnuts than us.

A couple of defeats at they will really be on Neilson's case. Weirdos

1 hour ago, Sebastiano Nela said:

looking on twitter over the weekend, uniteds fans are an even bigger bunch of  cnuts than us.

A couple of defeats at they will really be on Neilson's case. Weirdos

Fixed that for you 

Their pre season and LC results were a mixed bag.

Their fans were raging after the E Fife game and demanding Robbie’s head, so imo it’s too early to be handing out titles.

1 hour ago, Spiritof62 said:

Their fans were raging after the E Fife game and demanding Robbie’s head, so imo it’s too early to be handing out titles.

Unless that title is for them having the ugliest fans in the country?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spiritof62 said:

I agree with that.  I remember Hibs being up near the top of the league after seven games back in the nineties when Jim Duffy was their manager.  They had beaten Celtic in their first game and were getting tipped for great things.  After a really bad run of results they replaced Duffy with Alex McLeish mid season and ended up getting relegated so tipping teams for titles etc after one or two games is fraught with difficulty.  Under Donald McKay we were bottom of the league after six or seven games then changed our style of play after signing Cammy Fraser.  We then went on a great run, reached the League Cup Final and ended up winning promotion.

In regard to United, Caley Thistle's defending was quite simply awful against them.  They rode their luck somewhat against Partick and were extremely fortunate that Shankland's miss hit shot eluded the goalkeeper.  Despite the media's current love in with United and all and sundry tipping them for the title I haven't seen anything from them to be really worried about.  Shankland will be more closely marked in most games than the total freedom he was given against Caley and he won't get the luck he got against Partick every game neither.

Dundee haven't quite gelled yet as our players are still getting to know each other.  I would rather wait and see before deciding our best chance of promotion is through the play offs.  Ness looks like the kind of player that could dominate games at this level, once he gets settled and hopefully stays injury free and Hemmings looks like he will get goals once he develops an understanding with his team mates.

Edited by Mev
Some really bad spelling

I'd recommend tuning in to the Friday night game. I think we can expect goals.

b5vUZwP.jpg

2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I'd recommend tuning in to the Friday night game. I think we can expect goals.

b5vUZwP.jpg

Jeezo is the Morton chairman head of the games selection committee?!?! Wtf 😆

🙈 eta thought the list was of each Friday night game so far 🙃 doh 🥴

Edited by dblair
  • Funny 2

5 minutes ago, dblair said:

Jeezo is the Morton chairman head of the games selection committee?!?! Wtf 😆

🙈 eta thought the list was of each Friday night game so far 🙃 doh 🥴

So did I for a second.. that was confusing 😆

• Funny 1

23 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

So did I for a second.. that was confusing 😆

Glad it wasn’t just me! 🙈

19 minutes ago, dblair said:

Glad it wasn’t just me! 🙈

No, definitely wasn't just you....or Boba.... :blink:

I'm just waiting for Cobra to realise that all Partick's games have been boring, low-scoring games & he's changed his mind :chin: 

• Funny 1