The Dark Blues

Season 19/20 - Championship Rivals

Rate this topic

Have united not signed a couple on pre contract? The boy smith from Ayr and another

2 hours ago, dblair said:

Have united not signed a couple on pre contract? The boy smith from Ayr and another

Shame for the boys if true 🤮

Ryan Dow signs for Dunfermline 

-Arbroath OUT: Ryan Wallace, Danny Denholm. 

- Dundee IN: Josh Todd. Dundee OUT: O'Dea.   

- Dunfermline OUT: Robbie Muirhead, Mark Durnan, Lee Robinson, Sean Murdoch, Ryan Williamson, Kallum Higginbotham, Louis Longridge, Aidan Connolly and Brandon Luke.

IN: Ryan Dow 

- Dundee United OUT: Morgaro Gomis, Fraser Fyvie, Aidan Nesbitt, William Edjenguele, Billy King, Stewart Murdoch, Thomas Scobbie and Lewis Toshney.

IN Mark Reynolds (Aberdeen), Liam Smith (Ayr). 

-Inverness IN: James Keatings. 

-Partick Thistle OUT: Kris Doolan,  Scott McDonald, Christie Elliott. 

-Morton - CEO axed, Manager Jonatan Johansson &Assistant Peter Houston sacked. Morton hire Dave McKinnon as CEO. Jake Iredale to Carlisle. 

-Queen of the South new management team - Allan Johnston and Sandy Clark

Partick signed Ryan Williamson from Dunfermline, very decent signing for them

• Like 2

Aaron Comrie to Dunfermline 

Shea Gordon to Partick Thistle 

Nathan Austin leaves Inverness.. to sign for Kelty Hearts. :huh:

• Wowzer 2

21 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Nathan Austin leaves Inverness.. to sign for Kelty Hearts. :huh:

Just looked them up, Barry Ferguson is their manager and they've also signed Thomas Reilly. 

Kyle Gourlay being linked too. 

Edited by WeighorstsWang

Ross County have signed Inverness midfielder Joe Chalmers 

Shankland has announced he is leaving Ayr Utd. 

Dundee out; Elliott Parish, Genseric Kusunga and Martin Woods will all move on along with Faissal El Bakhtaoui and James Vincent. 

Loan signings Seny Dieng, Ryan McGowan, James Horsfield, John O’Sullivan, Scott Wright, Ethan Robson, Andy Dales and Andreas Hadenius have all returned to their parent clubs.

7 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Dundee out; Elliott Parish, Genseric Kusunga and Martin Woods will all move on along with Faissal El Bakhtaoui and James Vincent. 

Loan signings Seny Dieng, Ryan McGowan, James Horsfield, John O’Sullivan, Scott Wright, Ethan Robson, Andy Dales and Andreas Hadenius have all returned to their parent clubs.

I can't remember any total squad rebuilds that have worked for us. 

Not sure if I've got this correct but that means we are left with Hamilton, Kerr, Ralph, Davies, Meekings, Paul McGowan, Miller, Nelson, Jesse Curran, Craig Curran, assuming those out of contract are re-signed.  Is Waddell coming back?   I know we have some promising youngsters but it's a squad with a lot of players who have a history of getting injured too easily.

I know we will be making signings before next season starts but It's very worrying!  Hopefully the new manager will sign some decent players who won't be afraid of getting stuck in and  who won't be out injured for the whole season.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mev said:

I can't remember any total squad rebuilds that have worked for us. 

Not sure if I've got this correct but that means we are left with Hamilton, Kerr, Ralph, Davies, Meekings, Paul McGowan, Miller, Nelson, Jesse Curran, Craig Curran, assuming those out of contract are re-signed.  Is Waddell coming back?   I know we have some promising youngsters but it's a squad with a lot of players who have a history of getting injured too easily.

I know we will be making signings before next season starts but It's very worrying!  Hopefully the new manager will sign some decent players who won't be afraid of getting stuck in and  who won't be out injured for the whole season.

Ferrie and Moore probably considered first team now too.

Joe Chalmers has left Inverness for Ross County.

Other than this last 3 managers, and Ivano, have we ever had an almost total squad overhaul? I really can't remember any others.

I'm not including the 2 administration cuts, which were enforced & largely releasing players without replacements.

As has been mentioned a few times, new managers need to be told they're working with an existing squad, with an adequate wage budget & a small transfer fee budget. 

7 hours ago, GregTeamDee said:

No great surprises there.... I see McGowan and O’Sullivan are not being offered new contracts by their respective clubs?? They would both do well in the championship, but possibly no movement on signings until the new manager is unveiled next week....

Morton; Derek Gaston,  Defenders Lee Kilday, Rory McKeown and Jack Iredale, midfielder Charlie Telfer, and strikers Denny Johnstone, Gary Oliver and Ben Armour all leave.

5 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Morton; Derek Gaston,  Defenders Lee Kilday, Rory McKeown and Jack Iredale, midfielder Charlie Telfer, and strikers Denny Johnstone, Gary Oliver and Ben Armour all leave.

Was Iredale not pretty highly rated, and a left back? Could be a decent signing for us now that we're short there. 

5 minutes ago, an-dee said:

Was Iredale not pretty highly rated, and a left back? Could be a decent signing for us now that we're short there. 

Signed for Carlise with Elvis