Jump to content
The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Guest

Season 19/20 - Championship Rivals

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Sack McPake 7 league games into his managerial career? I'm glad Falkirk didn't sack Shankly after 7 games because he'd never have had the chance to make Dundee champions of Scotland.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

Over by end of September? Get a f**cking grip. We are nine points behind and it’s generally accepted that Ayr and the dabs have been on good runs and we have  been pretty stinking. 

We have a squad that is more than capable in this league and if the manager can find a system and stick to it there is no reason why we can’t go on a run. 9 points at this stage of the season is nothing. The dabs and Aye will go through lean spells at some point. 

Its not saying we are going to go on a run and challenge for a title but to say we should be sacking a rookie manager and that the league is over by end of September is absolute nonsense. Sacking managers has got us In the mess we are. We have made our bed with McPake and need to lie in it. The managerial merry go round at Dens has to stop. 

Absolute tripe

  • Wowzer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 - 0 United against the team who beat us last week..... 

😂😫😫

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morton have conceded 35 goals by the end of September. Unbelievable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair we move into 4th place on goal difference so it's been a crap weekend but not the worst ever.

9 points behind Ayr Utd is depressing

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Absolute tripe

Care to elaborate? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

Over by end of September? Get a f**cking grip. We are nine points behind and it’s generally accepted that Ayr and the dabs have been on good runs and we have  been pretty stinking. 

We have a squad that is more than capable in this league and if the manager can find a system and stick to it there is no reason why we can’t go on a run. 9 points at this stage of the season is nothing. The dabs and Aye will go through lean spells at some point. 

Its not saying we are going to go on a run and challenge for a title but to say we should be sacking a rookie manager and that the league is over by end of September is absolute nonsense. Sacking managers has got us In the mess we are. We have made our bed with McPake and need to lie in it. The managerial merry go round at Dens has to stop. 

Agree with all of this.  Far too much common sense in your post though mate.  You'll be getting yourself a reputation.

No doubt we've been generally mediocre(or shyte if folk want to think that way) so far but ffs we are 4th.  Unless that is another Dundee FC I can see in the League table.  Doesn't say much for the teams below us  The season starts now

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, surreydee said:

we move into 4th place on goal difference

Image result for mourinho celebration gif

  • Funny 4
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

Care to elaborate? 

Just what you posted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, surreydee said:

To be fair we move into 4th place on goal difference so it's been a crap weekend but not the worst ever.

9 points behind Ayr Utd is depressing

Just goes to show.  That was a point well worth winning last night.

 

Edited by Attilio
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Attilio said:

Just goes to show.  That was a point well worth winning last night.

A point away from home is never a bad thing in my book. If we could some how put some form together at home and picks  up points here and there away from home then think we would comfortably make the play offs which would be a decent enough season for me. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sacking the manager now would lead to the same mess as the McIntyre thing. That horse has bolted now and we have to go with the manager. McPake needs to sort his midfield out,  get some fight and physical competition in and stick to it, using the youngsters more cautiously  perhaps bringing them on instead of starting with them each week. Hopefully there is nothing in the young McPake deal that stipulates that the has to play because he isn't ready for that every week. His comments about final third  I find slightly worrying though because the service for the players who operate in the final third is terrible.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've had an underwhelming season so far with new management and new players but despite the widespread disappointment we find ourselves bang on course for the play-offs. Maybe we need to stop worrying about United and concentrate on DFC. We're a work in progress. If things click before Christmas we could make a late title charge. If not, we can give the play-offs a real go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J_Kitamirike said:

McPake is a rookie Manager, so yes, I think it's time to get rid of him. An experienced Manager would get so much more out of this team.

The squad assembled is a team that should be challenging for the title so for it to be over by the end of September says it all really...

I can already hear the excuses next week after another poor performance against Arbroath -  ahh well, we can't expect to just show up, Campbell has got them working as a unit/they fight for everything etc.

 

 

What? An experienced manager like McIntyre? Bringing in an experienced manager does not bring success. St Johnstone fans not happy with their experienced manager at the moment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

A point away from home is never a bad thing in my book. If we could some how put some form together at home and picks  up points here and there away from home then think we would comfortably make the play offs which would be a decent enough season for me. 

The play offs was a minimum for me.  Not that I was saying that most of the rest of the League was completely crap but I thought we would have too much for most of them come the end of the season.  I'm not discounting the obvious that we have been slightly below mediocre this season so far.  Not shyte, because if we had been shyte we would be sitting 9th or 10th surely.  After from one disaster we haven't been really shipping goals, which is a start but we and JMP need to build on this and build up our form and results between now and the end of the season.  We will not catch the Dabs.  No way and that fact will not please some on here no doubt.  Our big battles will come later in the season.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.